DnA

Arma 3 - Feedback Tracker

Who on tracker claims to be Tier 1? Maybe having service, but plenty of people go into service, so that doesn't mean much. Saying you were in the infantry does not equal saying you're a Tier 1.

Who on tracker claims to be Tier 1?

I haven't seen anyone say that, specifically, but I've seen several people try to lend weight to their (sometimes patently false) statements by claiming to have been in the military.

Like that one guy who was trying to convince people that bullets should fly completely laser straight for 300m before starting to drop, instead of flying in a ballistic arc. I'm not going to dig up the ticket, but I do recall his claims of receiving "military training".

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone say that, specifically, but I've seen several people try to lend weight to their (sometimes patently false) statements by claiming to have been in the military.

Like that one guy who was trying to convince people that bullets should fly completely laser straight for 300m before starting to drop, instead of flying in a ballistic arc. I'm not going to dig up the ticket, but I do recall his claims of receiving "military training".

I should also add, and not to discredit or insult a group as a whole, but being or having been in the military does not inherently make one right on any related subject. There's people both current and ex-military with knowledge on weapons and ballistic trajectories equal to a 14 year old playing COD.

;2461071']The Development branch discussion thread (and family like AI thread) and the time effectively wasted by both devs and reporters reading' date='

makes the FT almost useless..

[b']The FT needs prio and full attention[/b] - not a chaos forum or even hellish all-in-one thread.

Exactly my thoughts.

And I can't blame them to think they know ballistics by using the tools. The problem is, when they are resistant to accept proof and physic laws. However, it is difficult for anyone, especially the developers, to sort out the good suggestions and the bad. The devs can't know all the stuff themselves, therefore they have to rely on user comments and suggestions.

I should also add, and not to discredit or insult a group as a whole, but being or having been in the military does not inherently make one right on any related subject. There's people both current and ex-military with knowledge on weapons and ballistic trajectories equal to a 14 year old playing COD.

I second this statement. Unfortunately, that's the problem accompanying "crowdsourcing" as a concept. It's a good thing BI does take the suggestions placed there with a grain of salt.

And I'd like to point out this is the case not only with ballistics. The situation MadDogX has described is frequently repeating in many areas - helicopter handling, infantry capabilities, etc.. So, caution is advised when voting :)

Edited by DarkWanderer

-steering wheel animation

-audio update (f.e. in campaign briefing)

...thanks for fixing the Fps problem on altis ! Further improvement suggestions will follow. Pls forgive previous experiences which are posted twice.

I second this statement. Unfortunately, that's the problem accompanying "crowdsourcing" as a concept. It's a good thing BI does take the suggestions placed there with a grain of salt.

And I'd like to point out this is the case not only with ballistics. The situation MadDogX has described is frequently repeating in many areas - helicopter handling, infantry capabilities, etc.. So, caution is advised when voting :)

Try explaining to the person what is wrong with the ticket and why it is not realistic, if you get no response you can down vote. Or they may just have made a mistake or be glad to correct things.

Who on tracker claims to be Tier 1? Maybe having service, but plenty of people go into service, so that doesn't mean much. Saying you were in the infantry does not equal saying you're a Tier 1.

Tier 1 is a term brought on by the media.... its pretty lame now. Running Gag if you will

Try explaining to the person what is wrong with the ticket and why it is not realistic, if you get no response you can down vote. Or they may just have made a mistake or be glad to correct things.

The problem is that not every person

1. is listening to what other people saying
  2. has the qualifications to understand the explanation
  3. can admit to himself he is wrong

For example, in the referred ticket about helicopters, ticket reporter tried to explain to me that "center of mass is static, while center of gravity shifts"[1]. So, he basically doesn't know anything even about school physics and is not able to comprehend my explanations - which require understanding of mechanics at the level of university first term. Yet somehow, it turns out it's me who doesn't know physics :)

There are a lot of people who present their "I have a feeling it should be so" as "it really is so". Unfortunately, this makes the tracker become a playground for emotion, not logic - and hence, more a place for politics, than for argumentated discussion. Demagogues have a better chance of getting votes...

[1] In case you didn't know - that's oxymoron. Center of mass is the center of gravity.

Edited by DarkWanderer

Center of mass is the center of gravity.

... only if you assume a homogenous vector field of gravity, to be more precise :o

... only if you assume a homogenous vector field of gravity, to be more precise :o

Yes. And gravitation mass/inertia mass equality is also not proven - it's a hypothesis which currently holds true in all known conditions. I know.

For the purposes of computing a reasonably-sized body in Earth's gravity it's a precise enough approximation, anyways.

But it's immeasurably higher level of discussion and it's certainly not related to people who don't even know the difference between force and torque :) Let alone the movement equations...

H0ZK5Kcl.jpg

Someone's playin around with the tracker?

the search field is always reset to this link (a support page?)

In any case one can't search the tracker as it is.

Edit: it is now normal.

Edited by gammadust
update

Hi everyone.

I've only joined this forum couple of days ago after buying arma 3 through steam for a good price but have found a bug so far but it seems that i can't even find anyone on this forum to help. the bug is to do with the ammo in the clip not showing properly when i reload the clip, but it seems i can't find anyone to help me with this.

As a customer of a great game which i have played the other two as well thinking it would be good to join the forum but it seems i'm wrong.

Trying to ask for help measn i'm needing to post a post but all i ask for is help.

So my feedback is't great at the moment but hoping this can change.

Probably put this in the wrong section and will be told off

SHOCKER

Thanks anyway.

Hi everyone.

I've only joined this forum couple of days ago after buying arma 3 through steam for a good price but have found a bug so far but it seems that i can't even find anyone on this forum to help. the bug is to do with the ammo in the clip not showing properly when i reload the clip, but it seems i can't find anyone to help me with this.

As a customer of a great game which i have played the other two as well thinking it would be good to join the forum but it seems i'm wrong.

Trying to ask for help measn i'm needing to post a post but all i ask for is help.

So my feedback is't great at the moment but hoping this can change.

Probably put this in the wrong section and will be told off

SHOCKER

Thanks anyway.

It says that your number of posts on this forum is 1, so you havent asked any of us?

But i'll try and have a stab at the answer: ArmA keeps track of how full your magazines are: So if you reload your rifle with 5 bullets still remaining in the clip, the nearly-expended clip will return to your inventory and still show up. Do that three times and you'll have a nasty suprise waiting as you empty out more and more magazines.

Also there are mods that replace the counter with a vaguer description ( "The magazine feels heavy" / "Average" / "Light" )

Post a picture, perhaps?

What's the smart thing to do with tickets where the issue has been fixed ages ago? Should a note of the fix still be posted (in the process forcing more recent tickets off the front page), or should they just be ignored?

If you're the creator of the ticket, you have an option to close it. There's a button for it near the "Edit" button. That way they both won't show up in "main" view and will be purged from the current monstrous "open tickets" list.

What's the smart thing to do with tickets where the issue has been fixed ages ago? Should a note of the fix still be posted (in the process forcing more recent tickets off the front page), or should they just be ignored?

Please drop me a PM with links to solved tickets, so I can set them resolved or close them.