Sign in to follow this  
SocialDiscord

Arma 3 Beta Release thread - Prices, times, regions etc all questions here.

I did purchase the supporter edition: it took me 1:15 hours of constant "reload"ing of the websites but eventually got through.

Paid with PayPal, and then received the PayPal confirmation forthwith and then 6 minutes later received the confirmation email with a download link. The email states as order status "Paid/Confirmed".

Weird thing is that I received this email now 3 times. Same content.

It has a download link - which doesn't work, because the website isn't. Loading properly....but I guess I have to wait for the servers to calm down.....

Has anyone who purchased the supporters edition received any order confirmations other than paypal?

I have gone through the hoops and kept my calm, only refreshing if and when the page timed out and eventually made it through the entire checkout.

Looking at the Order Information it still shows 'pending payment' and has done so for 35 minutes now, though they already have my money ;( sllooowwwwwwwwwwww!

Been trying to buy suporters Ed for nearly two hous now having to F5 every screen so much i loose count! Had the order confirmed, credit card chosen and nothing! no way to pay. Updated my account details with the req info as asked and done it again - and again - and again. No idea at all.

Hick said :- 1. Purchase was confirmed, and then there was a red PAY FOR PURCHASE button. Thought that was weird.

Well i never saw any red button, nothing!

guys guys guys - why the heck to you complain that a shop system which was clearly overloaded while shopping is having problems?

guys guys guys - why the heck to you complain that a shop system which was clearly overloaded while shopping is having problems?

because the bad shopsystem is not our problem. We are the customers and we pay money for the game to BIS. It is not first day BIS is living in the Internet world. They made the countdown, they knew exactly there will be a rush. It was their duty to organize the release accordingly, to prepare the host and the servers for high amount of connections.

Now we have 7 hours passed since we bought the game and we have absolutely NOTHING for our money. Even not an clear explonation when we will get the download links and the content. Either we have any maoney back transactions. But on the other side all Steam purchases and downloads run smoothly and without problems.

So we can make a conclusion, that this is just BIS who didnt prepare theirselves to the release and now is spitting upon their community and arma fans, who even wanted to support them more then others and now have to wait unknown period to start playing. Hope you can understand it.

This was just posted :)

Arma 3

Codes!

The access codes for all made purchases through Store.bistudio.com are now being send out again. Many apologies for the delays. Only after we've sent all these codes we will re-open the Store for new purchases. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

just right now got the key for retail alpha. finally. :yay:

I got my code! Thanks BI. Downloading from Steam right now!

6:30 - Wake up, get ready. Pretend its Christmas morning!

6:50 - check BI Store to make sure sale didn't start early

6:59 - 1 minute left on countdown, refresh page... bad idea... Store not accessible.

7:00 - Store still not coming up

7:05 - Have accessed store, but get errors after clicking link to buy supporters edition.

7:18 - Making headway, being patient... complete purchase! yay! wait, there's a PAY FOR PURCHASE button.

7:20 - get credit card information through and validated. pit in stomach forms as I am redirected back to BI Store... slowly

7:22 - Receive email confirmation of purchase with order id#! Store page displays with same order details! Link to download (weird, it's a Steam game) b0rken.

7:23 - Confirmed pending purchase charges at my bank's website.

7:30 - Multiple attempts to access odd download link still unsuccessful.

7:40 - Still no success - begin attempts to bring up BI Store support submission page.

7:55 - Submit support email via BI Store website.

7:56 - Received copy of support email I requested, so i am reasonably sure the support email submission worked.

7:57 - Receive email from bank alerting me to suspicious debit card activity.

8:00 - Call bank and confirm that $91.99 debit purchase (Arma 3) for today, along my gas and Taco Bell purchases from yesterday are legit.

8:01 - Resume attempts to access download link

8:08 - Receive automated support response email from BI.

8:10 - More attempts to access link.

8:15 - Start looking for game to show up in Games on my account, plus checking for email with key after reading accounts of issue on forums.

9:30 - Go back to bed after more attempts and waiting to get code. It will get here eventually otherwise I have a support issue submitted. Wonder which I will get first... my Arma3 code or delivery of SimCity today from UPS.

12:04 - Receive my code for Arma via email!

12:41 - SimCity delivered at door by UPS. You win this time Bohemia Interactive. This time...

1:00 - Wake up pretend its Christmas morning... again!

1:04 - Start download on Steam.

1:45 - 8-10 minute still left on download... SimCity still sits in its wrapped case.

Are the access codes sent via e-mail? I purchased earlier and got a confirmation from paypal but have yet to receive anything. Checked my account at the store and nothing there either.

@BISSTORE etc...

Can I suggest an 'Upgrade' to 'Supporter' option on the BIS Store for those who couldn't purchase the Supporter Edition today. I ended up getting the Alpha version from Steam as the BIS Store was dead and at the speed my internet runs it'll take about 15 hours to download :(

Edited by El_MUERkO

I got it via e-mail after 6 hours of waiting yeh :p

Pushing 8, almost 9.

So I had the Arma 3 alpha in my shopping cart ready to purchase for $25, but the store would never load. Now it's gone and they don't even have the game on the website. Seriously wtf. I'm expecting to get the game for that price now.

It's on steam for the same price but I'm hoping to not have to go that route.

I was patient and had an open window three or four hours ago, I got my key 50 minutes my payment was made.

So I had the Arma 3 alpha in my shopping cart ready to purchase for $25, but the store would never load. Now it's gone and they don't even have the game on the website. Seriously wtf. I'm expecting to get the game for that price now.
Same here, after seeing that price and actually getting to payment before another page delayed things this morning, followed by the BI Store going down for hours seemingly, I'm waiting on the $25 deal at BI Store again before I pick up the Alpha.

I bought the SE about 11-12 hours ago. Does anyone know why the SE is $74.64 for me and not $91.99? I thought it was due to VAT but the prices didn't change the other editions.

That is only a problem whit the view of the price :)

but another question where is the alpha keys for give away ???

i have a supporter edition i have now the key to play but nowehre the alpha give away keys some on a idear where there is

but another question where is the alpha keys for give away ???

i have a supporter edition i have now the key to play but nowehre the alpha give away keys some on a idear where there is

If you mean the Alpha Lite invite keys, those aren't distributed until March 14th; this was announced well before the alpha release.

yea i had the issue this morning, had the product in my cart lastnight, but connection to the store dropped as I was doing the purchase. Loaded the site this morning and it was removed from my cart, couldn't find A3 at all from the store. Had to go through the A3 website which then added it to the cart in the store..

:/

No, not just the view. $74.64 is how much I ended up paying for as well.

As of this post, the store is working with all three editions available:

Alpha: $24.87

DDE: $43.53

SE: $74.64

Is there any official statement why did BI lower the prices? A pleasent surprise, of course.

Is there a non-steam version available? I only see steam versions in the BI store for the higher prices. I wouldn't mind buying the supporter edition but I won't buy anything related to steam.