Sign in to follow this  
SocialDiscord

Arma 3 Beta Release thread - Prices, times, regions etc all questions here.

Does anyone know if this will be available to buy on Steam? i KNOW we have to register with Steam, but having just quickly checked the Steam store i don't see the alpha on there, So do we have to buy through BI website?

yes it will , but the steam client needs to update first i guess around 6 i heard.. but i hope they do it in the afternoon.. sadly i cant buy thrue the store.. since i dont have a credit card..

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Does anyone know if this will be available to buy on Steam? i KNOW we have to register with Steam, but having just quickly checked the Steam store i don't see the alpha on there, So do we have to buy through BI website?

yes it will , but the steam client needs to update first i guess around 6 i heard.. but i hope they do it in the afternoon.. sadly i cant buy thrue the store.. since i dont have a credit card..

so whats that mean STEAM needs to update?

Does that mean we cant purchase VIA STEAM nor download till 6pm?

Im confused (dont take a lot I know)

From what I understand, in approx 40 minutes you can purchase the Alpha in 3 packages from the BI Store. I'm assuming you will then get a key of some type to download the game via steam. Just an educated guess..

Yes but what we don't know, is since Steam isn't updating until 6PM, is when it will allow you to download Arma using the Key.

I know I've tried downloading and installing on steam before when I purchased from another site, and it just kept being denied as it wasnt out on steam officially yet.

It dosnt come out officially on steam until 6PM GMT, so even if you manage to get a key in 30 mins, there is a possibility you still won't be able to start downloading until 6.

Hence the questions that don't seem to be getting answered.

Although, All we become clear in the next 40mins.

Cowboy10uk

Edited by IanLobo

Odd. It said I purchased and thank you for the order but suddenly no order. Also it never asked me for purchase info :D

I suppose it shouldnt try to sell me it for 74$ and change also.

I just dont know If i should keep trying and have to cancel like 4 purchases. Actually I do but the impatient God is saying "Fack all that shite PRESS F5 and click confirm order again!"

Edited by Masharra

Help, I'm sure this has been asked before but i'm desperate! website is down for me and I can't buy. I went up in 2 in the morning here in NZ and website is down.

Damn

Odd. It said I purchased and thank you for the order but suddenly no order. Also it never asked me for purchase info :D

Ditto.

Big mess:

Trying since the sale started with LONG waiting times between the clicks ...

I managed to come to this point at 14:15 or 14:20 (GMT+1)

BisOrderConfirm.jpg

resulted in this

BisOrder.jpg

;)

But while writing this down it worked!

Thanks for your payment. The transaction was successful. You will get a confirmation e-mail for the transaction by PayPal. You can now continue or log in at www.paypal.com to see the transaction details.

guy, i did buy arma 3 in steam, where do i find invite? It's not in my inventory (yet?)

Was finally able to purchase the Supporter Edition.

1. Purchase was confirmed, and then there was a red PAY FOR PURCHASE button. Thought that was weird.

2. Got my credit card info.

3. Got Order Confrimed.

4. Received Email confirmation.

5. Order details finally came up at BI store, and order details confirm same as emailed info.

6. Charge is pending at my bank.

7. Order details have link to downloader for steam version? This is odd, why not just a cd-key for steam like all other games.

8. The one time I got the downloader link to actually "work" in any way, said that I had no order for the game on my account.

"No purchase of this product found in your account. Please contact support@bistudio.com

Fatal ERROR. Contact support@bistudio.com"

SUP?

Edited by Hick
Updted error message info

Has anyone who purchased the supporters edition received any order confirmations other than paypal?

I have gone through the hoops and kept my calm, only refreshing if and when the page timed out and eventually made it through the entire checkout.

Looking at the Order Information it still shows 'pending payment' and has done so for 35 minutes now, though they already have my money ;( sllooowwwwwwwwwwww!

Was finally able to purchase the Supporter Edition.

8. The one time I got the downloader link to actually "work" in any way, said that I had no order for the game on my account.

"No purchase of this product found in your account. Please contact support@bistudio.com

Fatal ERROR. Contact support@bistudio.com"

SUP?

Same here. We will just have to wait ... orders were placed so everything is fine ;)

Would like to know how many Supporters we have yet.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Has anyone who purchased the supporters edition received any order confirmations other than paypal?

Yes! I got one

PURCHASE CONFIRMATION

Order Number: .....

Order Date: Tuesday, 05 March 2013

Order Status: Paid/Confirmed

But lets just wait ... I still dn't understand, why it wasn't possible to get the Supporters Edition over Steam ... but ... let's just wait!

Same here. We will just have to wait ... orders were placed so everything is fine ;)

Would like to know how many Supporters we have yet.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Yes! I got one

But lets just wait ... I still dn't understand, why it wasn't possible to get the Supporters Edition over Steam ... but ... let's just wait!

Oh, oh. Basic Alpha on Steam may be an upgrade at this point.

Oh, oh. Basic Alpha on Steam may be an upgrade at this point.

Well ... NO ... wanted the SUPPORTER Edition and just bought ArmA II Complete Collection, when it was released some weeks ago to support BIS ... but putting the Basic Alpha on top is a little too much!

but putting the Basic Alpha on top is a little too much!

Depends, really.

I'm holding out for the Supp Ed., but I get the impression that BIStore shares the bandwidth with the forums. :icon_twisted:

I can't understand if I'm forced to buy the Alpha via the Bohemia store or if it's available on Steam (for purchasing, I know it's downloaded and played via Steam regardless), because I can't find the game page on the site or the client...

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal