Sign in to follow this  
SocialDiscord

Arma 3 Beta Release thread - Prices, times, regions etc all questions here.

Hey all, brand new to this forum and the ArmA Series but am so incredibly stoked for 8am tomorrow and the opportunity to play the alpha. I have a couple questions hopefully someone can help me with, excuse my ignorance if it's been posted but I haven't seen.

1. Is the Cold War Assault a DLC that will be available later with the retail copy of the game? Is that the biggest difference in Deluxe and Alpha packages?

2. Will an alpha invite to a friend last the entire alpha period, and is there any difference in what packageis bought

? TIA all.

Cold War Assault is the original Operation Flashpoint from 2001.

Don't know about the invites but I would guess that they will last for the whole Alpha.

____

IMO, BIS should make a FAQ ASAP, for their own good.

I got the price down to £16 by refreshing, so if its based on exchange rate (which makes no sense, it does not fluctuate that much) I guess I just keep hitting refresh until I get a price I want?

Here is a screenshot with it at £17 http://xivpads.com/-up/i/3differentprices.png

Holy crap, it's really £ 17.86 right now.

http://xivpads.com/-up/i/cheaps.jpg

£ 16.52

;)

The "Arma 3 Supporter Edition - Steam version" goes from £59.99 to £ 49.58 when I login lol saving £10 :D

Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition - Steam version

£ 34.99, login > £ 28.92

I've no idea whats going on.

Edited by vekien

Cold War Assault is the original Operation Flashpoint from 2001.

Don't know about the invites but I would guess that they will last for the whole Alpha.

___

IMO, BIS should make a FAQ ASAP, for their own good.

Thank you for that. Other than the wording in the store "final game"- deluxe, "full version"- alpha, is it safe to say that's the only difference? As long as I get Beta and full game at release I think I'd be ok with the Alpha edition. Thanks again all.

well, something weird is going on their website because I'm experiencing really weird behaviour - look at the screenshot: http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8890/screenshot20130304at110e.png and compare the prices - on the left side I'm logged in while on the right side I'm not.

Actually the Deluxe edition is even a bit pricier while logged in :S

Hi all hope you all good?

Just a quick little question can u download early ready for tomorrow

All i ask for is cos my great Internet speed of one hole meg a sec,sometimes I can get up one and a half meg rocking I know lol.

So was hoping that I can pre download so it's ready and waiting as I've now got the bloody day off tomorrow and by the sounds of things I could be downloading most of the day lol

Cheers

And really looking forward to arma3 to get here

Hm, so are these prices the correct one? Don't want to pay too little/too much.. just the correct.

XQUHQzj.png"

Edited by granQ

@jaykinch

Look above this page, you see a countdown, then you can buy and download the game. No preload.

Hi and damm it thought that was gonna be the answer oh well at least I will be playing arma 3 at the weekend

Cheers for the quick response.

See u on the field I be the one playing dead lol

Check with BI guys in this thread, they might be able to help you out.

Tk you so much Sniper, this solved the problem for me

For others with the same problem, just go to profile.bistudio.com login with your forum user, after that just click on create account and it will create a bi.store for u

Tks u again Sniper

I don't know if I'm missing something, but all sources I can find indicate that the alpha is indeed out, but when I go to the arma III store page, the "coming soon" tag is over the add to cart button, It doesn't look to be out on steam, and a forum search found nobody with my problem. Is it not out in my area, or am I just being stupid? Thanks.

thanks for the quick reply. The coutdown timer on the top of the page said it was out. I don't know what was up with that

probably something with time you've set on ur machine.

thanks for the quick reply. The coutdown timer on the top of the page said it was out. I don't know what was up with that

The timer is based on your computers time, so if you set your clock forward 13hrs it will say AVAILABLE NOW! but.. who has their time clock set forward that far? lol

How do we know when the first 500 copies of the supporter edition will be sold? After this no more "NAME IN END CREDITS" ;)

Arma 3 in €

Alpha 24,99€ Deluxe Edition 39,99€ Supporter Edition 69,99€

Arma 3 in $

Alpha 32,99$ Deluxe Edition 49,99€ Supporter Edition 91,99$

Arma 3 in £

Alpha 19,99£ Deluxe Edition 34,99£ Supporter Edition 59,99£

on the sprocket site the prices

are up are down total fluctuation

do we have any idea what is the real price

I'm starting to get really annoyed with this damn price thing. I've been refreshing the page over the past few hours while I catch up on TV shows and 5 different prices have shown up on the exact same page: £16, £17, £19, £21 and £25.

I am having problems purchasing "ArmA: Cold War Asault" off the store. I wanted to do a purchase just to make sure my account was ready for the ArmA III Alpha release tomorrow. I've tried Paypal and Credit Card and every time I get this after a long delay:

Untitled1.png

I then click to go to order details and I get this after another long delay:

Untitled2.png

I really want to be able to use the store to have a shot at the supporters edition, but right now it seems that the BIS Store is broken. I've tried turning off firewalls and using different browsers.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by Grave-tm-

for starts, it seems the session only lasts 30 seconds because its says so in the error messege

2 how the hell can you be already buying it since you cant for another 10 hours yet

for starts, it seems the session only lasts 30 seconds because its says so in the error messege

2 how the hell can you be already buying it since you cant for another 10 hours yet

http://www.php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php#ini.max-execution-time

This is regarding the 30 second execution. Probably some bug in Joomla cuse really, it sucks lol.

As for him being able to buy it, strange. And why would he, he can refresh the BI Store and get it for like 25% off.