Sign in to follow this  
SocialDiscord

Arma 3 Beta Release thread - Prices, times, regions etc all questions here.

Why is there a difference in price on this page..

https://store.bistudio.com/arma3-supporter-edition

to this page?

https://store.bistudio.com/

You probably mean - https://store.bistudio.com/ & http://www.arma3.com/buy

Could be due to differentiating VAT rate between countries, 1.1% difference is about right. I'm at 19% here. :p

I don't know if I'm seeing this right but BI Store says Supporter Edition now only costs $75. This is good.

Ok so what's the deal here? Before it was saying US$91.99, and now it's down to $74.54

I've been logged in the entire time. My friend who isn't logged in still sees $91.99

Edit: Well, VAT would explain it.

Well, why we still cant buy it from steam? It would be great to pre-download it!

Ok so what's the deal here? Before it was saying US$91.99, and now it's down to $74.54

I've been logged in the entire time. My friend who isn't logged in still sees $91.99

They've probably removed the VAT for North American customers. That's about 19-20% difference in your case.

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Well, why we still cant buy it from steam? It would be great to pre-download it!

Should be available tomorrow AFAIK.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

You have to create another account for the store ?

Did anyone else notice the countdown timer isn't actually counting down to anything???

Change your l;ocal time to change the timer.

Hell i can even get it to tell me it's available.

So what is the actual time?

Seems to me when we know that all the rest has to do is change their local time.

Thanks for the Link mate :)

and I think Then that'd be 7am Est

the url states 29 Days left and countdown :(

This is what I tired but it's not working and if I try to create an account in the store it tells me my mail is already used

Someone ?

Well yeah if you change your local time it's going to change... Because the game comes out at different times depending on your time zone... So it figures it out based on your time zone

This is what I tired but it's not working and if I try to create an account in the store it tells me my mail is already used

Someone ?

Just request a new password from the BIStore, since, like I said - your forum account/e-mail is linked there.

Checked the timer script for the countdown and it gave me this date to countdown to "3/5/2013 14:00:00 UTC+0100"

Ok I had to link my forum account to the store.

Thanks

Well yeah if you change your local time it's going to change... Because the game comes out at different times depending on your time zone... So it figures it out based on your time zone

Are you sure about this? I mean, it comes out in different times of the day for people in different time zones however it will comes out at the same time, for all the people so that means the time on the count down should be same whatever timezone you are in. well, correct me if I'm missing something :)

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Checked the timer script for the countdown and it gave me this date to countdown to "3/5/2013 14:00:00 UTC+0100"

well, that's correct.. I live in the Czech Republic (which is GMT+1) and the game should go out at 2PM local time.

Edited by kemo
typo

Are you sure about this? I mean, it comes out in different times of the day for people in different time zones however it will comes out at the same time, for all the people so that means the time on the count down should be same whatever timezone you are in. well, correct me if I'm missing something :)

It is the same for everyone in any timezone. But the script used to calculate the remaining time needs to compare the target time to something, and that's your computer's time. So if you manipulate your computer time to an inaccurate number, the timer will reflect that.

The countdown timer doesn't work, it just checks your computers local time:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/aop13/bis_noobs.png (635 kB)

Explain to me how referencing the computer's local time means it "doesn't work"? Why would they waste resources by having some sort of AJAX script that had to ask the server what the real time remaining was, when it can just rely on comparing the computer's time with the target time? This can only be "broken" by people purposely messing up their computer's local time. I fail to see what's wrong with that.

Your file name is the pot calling the kettle black :)

Someone ?

I have the same problem, have tried login with my current user and pass and ii keep showing

"Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet."

Already try using the LOST PASSWORD, reseting it to a new one, but when i try to login same message

also tried create a NEW user and got a error on submit where it says my user is already in use...

if i try insert a NEW user name, it says my e-mail is already in use..

Any hints? should i try create a NEW USER with an alternative e-mail?

Have you tried logging in with your email instead of your username?

I have the same problem, have tried login with my current user and pass and ii keep showing

"Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet."

Already try using the LOST PASSWORD, reseting it to a new one, but when i try to login same message

also tried create a NEW user and got a error on submit where it says my user is already in use...

if i try insert a NEW user name, it says my e-mail is already in use..

Any hints? should i try create a NEW USER with an alternative e-mail?

Check with BI guys in this thread, they might be able to help you out.

So what you mean that i will be able to purchase arma3 in 29 days ?

Sry if my question has already been answered.. Haven't found anything yet.

Whats meant with future DLCs?

In most games DLCs contains skins, new Weapons, additional Maps, Missions etc.

With the exception of ADDONS like BAF, PMC etc. ARMA maps, weapons and missions are usually made by the community.

So does ARMA 3 DLC mean Addons like BAF and PMC?

ARMA X and Cold War Crisis as a Steam gift or directly into the steam userlibary?

If as a gift. Do we receive each of them after registrering with the alpha key?

And last but not least, does it also mean we get ARMA cold war crisis twice (one seperate and one in the ARMA X-Edition)?

THX for help and sry for my bad translation.

price 24.99EURO when i log in its 25.38... great have to get another 5 euro paysafecard tomorrow seems :(..

Sry if my question has already been answered.. Haven't found anything yet.

Whats meant with future DLCs?

In most games DLCs contains skins, new Weapons, additional Maps, Missions etc.

With the exception of ADDONS like BAF, PMC etc. ARMA maps, weapons and missions are usually made by the community.

So does ARMA 3 DLC mean Addons like BAF and PMC?

THX for help and sry for my bad translation.

BAF and PMC DLCs were made by BIS and yes arma3 DLC will probably be like these