Sign in to follow this  
SocialDiscord

Arma 3 Beta Release thread - Prices, times, regions etc all questions here.

I looked around the forums but haven't seen anything on the regions that will get the alpha.

I'm in Australia and regularly get shafted by steam on game releases, so I'm wondering if it will be a global release?

What about regional pricing at release of Arma 3 Alpha?

my advice is to buy it of the BI store and use the code to unlock it on steam if your worried.

its listed at 32.99 USD, 49.99 USD and 91.99 USD on the store so thats what it should be

Arma 3 in €

Alpha 24,99€ Deluxe Edition 39,99€ Supporter Edition 69,99€

Arma 3 in $

Alpha 32,99$ Deluxe Edition 49,99€ Supporter Edition 91,99$

Arma 3 in £

Alpha 19,99£ Deluxe Edition 34,99£ Supporter Edition 59,99£

I am doing exactly what nimrod said, it will make it a lot easier.

Purchasing a code from somewhere other than Steam generally allows you to bypass region issues. Good thing to keep in mind if you want to play a game that isn't available for you, you can have another account gift you the game or purchase a Steam activated copy from places like Amazon or other services that cater specifically to Steam users.

yeah pretty much, i live in NZ, so never buy off steam, i save ~40USD and i get all the benifits of steam

If someone has a list of regions/times it'll be posted in advance, if not (as is most probable) it will be released when you see it available tomorrow.

It will most probably be released at 6PM GMT because thats when the Steam Store Updates.

I suspect that sales will begin on the BI store first, and then on Steam once Valve updates their store at their regular time.

Oh...then i can just go to work tomorrow and hit it on 6 p.m. Nice...

my friends from Russia, are worried, if prices will stay they same for their region, most of new game cost 600-800 RU there, and if you convert current army 3 alpha price: €/$ to RU, it will cost them about 1K RU, which is way to much for an alpha, is anything known about it?

hmmm....seems to be the supportersedition. It's twice the price for a normal game!! that makes sense..or not?

hmmm....seems to be the supportersedition. It's twice the price for a normal game!! that makes sense..or not?

You are also guaranteed any DLC that is released. The price adds up to be about right.

That's why it's the Supporters Edition and you get some extras with that also.

I am going to spend extra money only to support the company. Hence buying the "Supporters Edition". :)

If it makes sense or not... well, that's relative.

You are also guaranteed any DLC that is released. The price adds up to be about right.

Yes, content like baf and pmc but epansions like operation arrowhead you must pay seperatly. So think smart. For me just the alpha version. Future content i pay seperatly.

I might not have much money to spend usually but 24 euros especially for a whole new game is very cheap and the supporter edition(which i will be buying) and besides, the content is fairly good too ( especially the possibility of the DLC's). its still on the average price i see in retail stores for new consoles games ( halo, fifa, etc which are usually on the 64-69 € range, but if you search, you can find them cheaper ofcourse) which IMHO Arma offers more than them .

So the price for me its really good and most importantly , i ll get the supporter edition because i want to support BIS :) its not about the content so much for me in this case.

And for a person leaving in europe, the price in euros is very good ( but i understand the problems for those that live in countries which weaker currencies)

Just to be sure i will ask these "silly" questions:

Today in 00:00 CET - we will be able to buy the alpha right? and then download it with steam yes?

We don't know the actual time yet. Only that's going to be during March 5th somewhere on this planet.

Possibly although one may expect a 1200PM release CZ time as it will mean that ever country will be in 05/03/2013. Am I wrong?

I don't mind if it is 00:00 GMT as I live in the UK, but, ahhh it doesnt matter it will arrive when its ready :)