Sign in to follow this  
strych9

•Helmet mounted cameras?

id like to know a little more about these, the concept sounds awesome. will there be a small "pip like" overlay on the eye, that will show what my co-op buddy sees? having that would be silly helpfull on where he is calling out an enemy. I mean a picture is worth a thousand words, live streaming would be worth a thousand to the tenth power.

any insight if my assumptions are correct? i sure hope so.

will there be a small "pip like" overlay on the eye, that will show what my co-op buddy sees?

Such things would definitely be possible via scripting.

What does it mean "helmet mounted canera" ? Is that something like "land warrior system " in reality ?

SWAT 4 is a good example of the possibility. Pretty cool.

thats what im trying to figure out. id assume its like the land warrior, but id rather have a streamed buddies camera view rather than the optic on my gun. getting a cross referance of where the enemy is, rather than a 12 o'clock or north calling would be way more helpful. put that on your second monitor!! giggity.

I know there will picture in picture and render to texture features for displays in game and such, but is there a way to pipe that information out of the game? For example, will the head mounted camera feeds be exposed so we can pipe them to streaming sites like twitch? If that is possible, that is going to be pretty mind blowing!

from what ive read about in a multi monitor thread, you can script data such as the "in cab rear view monitor" to a second (real life)monitor.

The more and more i think about this feature, the more excited i get. seeing your morters land a few miles away by a front line soldier, or seeing down a friendly snipers scope, over your shoulder, or relaying info to a chopper/apc/tank and vise versa. I can think of tons of cross reference data that would be helpful. And to see how the military tech is advancing today, especially with Moore's law. I can see every soldier having this in 2030ish time. I stream my gopro to my phone now wirelessly.

would all the cross info create netcode synching issues?

We know that there will be additional cameras able to render to textures but we don't know how many, or what the impact will be. with my experience with Take On, I would really be very surprised if rendering like 6 scenes on some kind of control panel would be worthwhile for the viewer.

It would be awesome to have some kind of screen in a vehicle, to check on your squadmates via their helmet cam! For example.

Also. Could we see PiP via the "HUD Glasses" that are in the confirmed features?

humm i already see the idea ! like the blackhawk in the movie green zone , a HQ blackhawk with lot of screen and a direct feed of your buddy camera it would be perfect for some navy seal operation neptune spear !

I would love if I could have a little device open in the corner of my screen (much like the GPS in Arma 2) that let's me see someone's helmet cam while I play.

I'd love to have cameras i could look at, kinda like in GRAW2, and SWAT. It would be really helpful, because some times, you have no idea what some of your teammates are talking about.

I would love if I could have a little device open in the corner of my screen (much like the GPS in Arma 2) that let's me see someone's helmet cam while I play.

With RTT-technology, it's only a matter of minutes up to an hour, before someone scripts it tomorrow...

And yes. The SWAT games are the perfect example for this!

PiP in those games are very helpful, and... awesome :D

Imagine having this "central". One in your team is in it, and he's watching/coordinating the team with PiP (Helmet Cams) and all the other devices like maps and GPS. The possibilities...!