Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

In game VOIP does not work

I know how to use the VOIP in game but it will not work anymore for some reason. Is there a rest or something. My mic works fine with teamspeak and other games so it's not the mic.

VOIP can be disabled serverside amd some public server disable it because VOIP is missused a lot for example with global channel music or non stop nonsense chatter.

Hey Max I don't think by putting caps on "VOIP" I was shouting in anyway.

@ Beagle this is not a serverside thing for some reason my voip will not work in my own host server. My mic works fine in teamspeak and with other games. Any input how I can fix or look into why.

Perhaps you are unaware of what you wrote. Before I changed it, the thread title read:

In game VOIP DOES NOT WORK

If there is anything else that you have done in the last ten minutes that I can help you recall, please let me know.

First of all, if this post would better be placed in Multiplayer or Servers & Administration, I apologize profusely, this is the only thread I could find on the subject. Our group may have run into the described issue , and it still persists as I'm writing this.

Yesterday evening (3rd March), somewhere around 16:00GMT we got a report that VON wasn't working at all on our server, which is running on stable Windows OA 1.62 (not beta). This was troubling because we use a combo of VON and TS3 for our comms, and caused some feverish troubleshooting but nothing we tried had any effect. Server box was rebooted, firewall disabled completely, etc. We also had done absolutely no server config changes whatsoever in the prior week.

The issue is also present on two other stable Windows OA servers we have running. We also tested with the last beta server version before VON port change (95417), but it didn't help. A few people even hopped on a random public server running 1.62 stable, and VON wasn't working there either. A few hours later in a session of about 60 people on our server, all of whom were (hopefully) using the OA 1.62 stable client, the issue persisted. There was apparently one person who could talk and was audible to everyone else for some reason. Weirder still, we run an A2Free server as well and VON works absolutely fine there.

We have a tentative report VON was working on our server on Saturday evening (2nd March), and we know for certain it worked on Tue (26th Feb).

My only two ideas are that this could be something either Gamespy, or Battleye related. Any info and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hey harakka have you or any of your boys have the same issue while in a random server

How and where do I check out the port.

As of yesterday afternoon, the VON issue has magically fixed itself. Would still love to know what was behind it though.

still looking for some help here. When the VOIP icon is on screen and you are Talking do you see any indications of speech ie wavy lines from the icon. I just get the icon up when pushing the cap key and talking into the mic. My mic works fine in TS and all other games on my PC.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Yes there is a indication of speech, your name and other players names will show up beside the icon representing you/they are currently talking.

I also had this issue for a while I fixed it by starting up ventrilo(joined a vent server also) before launching the game, this magicly fixed my ingame voip issue I had for ages.

@ DaleyG do you have to have VENTRILO up all the time for your ingame voip to work. Can you have ventrilo up at the same time as teamspeak. Most players I know use teamspeak when playing arma. I wish someone from bohemia would help on this issue.

No I did this once, this is what I did; fired up vent and configured all my settings, Joined a vent server then fired up arma and joined my server. then I found out Ingame voip suddenly worked for some reason.

Now I dont have to start up vent for it to work anymore, VOIP ingame works all the time without running TS, vent etc.

Strange but true.