Sign in to follow this  
dust31

Joining Game... Connection Failed.

I am having this issue also, our clans server had a hardware failure, so we were trying to setup locally hosted servers to kill some time - No one could start one, we would always get this "Joining Game" then "Connection Failed" issue.

I then tried to run my previously working Wasteland server on my dedicated box and had the same issue, my dedicated box has Public IP addresses without NAT.

Any updates from BI on this?

Edited by loose_unit

This keeps happening. I can't play private COOP with my friend

Same problem here.

Dedicated server running multiple gameservers.

No conflicts or issues until now.

CAN connect if using -connect -port params in startup of client.

CANNOT connect from in game browser using INTERNET or DIRECT

also just started seeing "NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server" (this is new - and port settings have not changed.)

Edited by Sandbag

i have problem connecting to my own gameservers it still say connection failed which NAT Negotiation failed

only way we can connect to our game server is by direct ip or an launcher

Hi,

I have been spending significant amounts of time this weekend debugging and troubleshooting this issue.

Server has been rock stable for about 3-4 weeks now, with only intermittent issues for individuals.

The server runs in Amazon EC2 cloud, and runs on Ubuntu Linux.

Then, suddenly yesterday morning (Sunday), it stopped working, and I kept getting "NAT Negotiation Failed - Unable to communicate with the server" in the arma2 server log.

Clients would get the NNThink Error 2, and simply connection failed.

-----

Also note that Amazon AWS EC2 servers are equipped with two IP addresses. One internal (That is always the one you have on eth0), and one external (That is a 1:1 NAT relation to the outside world)

I have all the necessary ports open, (And I control the firewall rules myself) - Just to be clear, I changed nothing on this from Saturday night until Sunday morning.

-----

In order to really see what was going wrong, I eventually did a tcpdump on the serverside on the listening port, to see what the server is sending to Gamespy

..	.l.._./.....localip0.[b]10.220.85.225[/b].localport.2532.natneg.1.gamename.arma2oapc.publicip.[b]1032907574[/b].publicport.2532.gamever.1.62.102451.hostname.Wasteland - Persistent - Battlegrounds [use remote: 54.235.144.61:2532].mapname..gametype..numplayers.0.numteams.0.maxplayers.60.gamemode.openwaiting.timelimit.0.password.0.param1.0.param2.0.currentVersion.162.requiredVersion.162.mod.Arma 2;Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead;Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite);Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite).equalModRequired.0.gameState.1.dedicated.1.platform.linux.language.65545.difficulty.0.mission..gamename.arma2oapc.sv_battleye.1.verifySignatures.2.signatures.bi;bi2.modhash.PMC v. 1.02;BAF v. 1.03;01a7de012d75ad0f4adb45c885cb9c8ab2636963;.hash.CC15E928BA1CA9CA2CC5658BE67FE4AA642AE47F.reqBuild.0.reqSecureId.1.lat.427391728.lng.427391824....player_.team_.score_.deaths_.....

Note how the localip is being reported back - This is the internal IP Amazon has given to the machine, which is not reachable from the outside world. The IP on publicIP looks encrypted/hashed in some way to me, as that is not the actual external IP I'm on (That is: 54.235.144.61) I will try to connect to the server with IP/port on my client cmdline now, to see if that will help. *crosses fingers*

*EDIT*: Direct IP/Port did not really help. I was able to connect using the ARMA2 Beta client however. (Without changing anything on the server)

I also see incoming packets whenever a player tries to join (Before getting NAT Negotiation Failed)

I also patched the server to the latest Linux distro that came out about a week ago, with no luck.

Hopefully this will help some of you out there that are also pulling your hair out.

Edited by Imhoteph
Updated with more findings

Damn this shit!! Tried everything, no success. Just going to wait until ArmA 3 alpha comes out and play that, until this is fixed. I do not know enough to try and fix this, so bring on 5th March !!

I think I may have found the solution, the issue is some weird multi-homing and/or NAT issue, I am running win server 2k8 and had two additional Ethernet interfaces.

I disabled the two NIC's that aren't internet facing and started the server.

spend the last days learning for an exam, was so happy to do coops now.. and, i can#t connect aswell to our server..super sweet

if you have multiple interfaces always use the -multihome=IP commandline switch http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Server_Options

If I use that option, I get the "Cannot start host on port 2302" Screenshot Here error... And no, I don't have anything else running on that port. It works when I use -ip=0.0.0.0 in my launcher but I cannot connect to the game. This is currently my launcher:

"arma2oaserver.exe" -ip=177.28.1.127 -port=2302 "-config=server_patrol_ops\patrol_ops.cfg" "-profiles=server_patrol_ops" "-mod=@UK_SFTG;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;@Bowman;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU" -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -maxMem=2048

It is a new problem - It all worked fine before and I haven't changed anything.

Hey i was just testing this. And my DirectIp shortcut was fine, My SU "join sever" was fine , but try to connect thru the MP screen failed... BUT it now works again... try now

We run the Beta, on a dedi, and with a huge modlist.

Great....very great...

Now i know why nobody can connect to my hosted gameserver. :mad:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147337-NAT-Negotiation-failed-on-hosted-gameserver

@xx-LSD-xx

Can you connect from the ingame serverbrowser with this?

I use this command from my short cut. This works for me to connect to my server. This works from game start up so if you want to connect to a different server you must enter a different i.p. every time. Just make separate short cuts for each server you wish to connect to. It's a PITA but it works until a permanent solution ifs found. Does not work in game must restart using your short cut each time. Remote connect hasn't worked for me so it is what it is.

-connect=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx -port=2322 -password=xxx put that in your shortcut. well the IP and port, and PW if one.

Yes you will need the password command if your server is passworded forgot to mention that. Thanks for pointing that out kklownboy.

My home test server is working again... not sure if all is well in the world???

Also back online - can now join from in game browser

(dedicated box - multiple IPs - using -ip=xxx.xx.xx.xxx )

Also back online - can now join from in game browser

(dedicated box - multiple IPs - using -ip=xxx.xx.xx.xxx )

Glad to know that ! i tested it too now its back to normal.

I am still having some trouble and more often than not have to use remote connection