Sign in to follow this  
foxfan911

Help with Night Vision Goggles!!!!!!

Hello....I am a LONG TIME flight simmer!! I absolutely LOVE Take on Helicopters!! Since downloading this game, it totally replaces all my helicopter flight simming (even FSX) due to the amazing scenery, sound, and flight fidelity. So far, since I downloaded the game, the only issue I have run into is Night Vision! Obviously, night vision goggles are available as "gear" in some parts of the game, and they are awesome. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to create a flight/mission and include night vision goggle capability. Over and over again, I have checked everything, however, I am at a loss.

HOW DO I DO THIS? I simply want to use the editor to make a custom mission to fly--- When I set these missions to night-time, in total darkness, I want to be able to use night vision goggles. Pushing the hotkey doesn't work.

How do I do this??? I have clicked on everything and cannot figure out how to include night vision goggles in editor missions.

Thank you guys! And let me reinterate, from an avid helicopter flight simmer, you guys have re-written the book. Period.

Let me know, and thanks again.

IIRC, Put

this addweapon 'NVGoggles_H';

in your player unit Init field in the editor.

Also, THIS should help. Apart from Class names, lot of it applies to ToH as well. As well as the BIKI

Also, just for future reference, your post probably belongs in the Editing section of the forum.

Edited by fraczek

On the topic- when I fly small helicopter with NV I get blinded with instrument lighting. Any way to turn it off (collision and landing lights off doesn't work, as soon as battery is on, cockpit dime gets on)?

Thank you very much!! Also, I agree with SamB- there should be a key to turn the instrument lighting on and off.