Sign in to follow this  
norrin

Rifle Obstruction, Cover and Blindfire Addon (ROCaBF)

Description: Proof-of-concept addon which adds basic cover-based-shooter gameplay to ArmA2 OA.

Download: http://norrin.org/norrin/ArmA2/addons/ROCaBf/ROCaBf_v02.7z (updated v 0.2)

Contained in the archive are the addon, instructions-for-use, license and a simple test msission which uses BAF.

Instructions for ROCaBF

Version 0.2

norrin, MARCH 2013

To use:

1. Drop the addon into a mod folder.

2. Make sure you are running CBA.

3. Start any mission and the addon will automatically be loaded for all players.

Using cover shooting in-game:

1. Move up to a wall or vehicle - if your line of sight is obstructed you will auto-lower your weapon.

2. Move a little closser to the object and you will get the option to go into cover mode.

3. Use cover option, your unit will revolve so that your back is directly against the object.

4. Wait until the disable cover mode action appears.

5. You can then strafe right or left.

6. If you reach the end of cover you will then step out and be able to shoot.

7. Release the strafe left or right key and you'll move back into cover.

8. To move out of cover use the disable cover mode option or move forwards.

Note: in version 0.2 onwards the player can peak to the left and right while in cover using the lean keys (default "Q" and "E" keys).

Using blindfire while kneeling in cover

See steps 1 - 4 above.

5. Make sure you are kneeling in cover.

6. If there is a line of sight above your head when you press the "move back" key (default "S" key) you will raise your weapon and you can blindfire.

7. Release the "move back" key and you'll go back into cover.

See step 8 above.

TERMS OF USE

All files included in this addon are the property of the original authors. These files are for ArmA2/OA only and are not to be ported into any game including any variation of the ArmA series without permission.

No files are to be modified or used without permission from norrin. This includes all animations, scripts and configs. This addon is not to be used for commercial or military purposes without the authors' prior consent.

Note: I haven't tested this but there's a good chance this addon will not work with other addons that modify animations.

Future developments:

Not sure if I'll ever have time to do this but I'd like to tidy up the animations and make the transitions into and out of cover smoother.

Add additional blindfire options such as round corners and over the top blindfire while standing.

Versions:

0.1 Initial release (03/03/13)

0.1b Fixed locked in kneeling animation bug (03/03/13)

0.2 - Fixed delay when entering cover mode

- Fixed terrain height bug when in buildings

- Added peaking left and right while in cover

- Fixed damage that occassionally occured when turning out of cover to shoot

- Created missing geo lods for shooting from cover while kneeling. (04/03/13)

- Removed some redundant code from scripts and config.

Edited by norrin

Oooh, its out... nice, i'll give it a whirl and let you know how it goes :P

Edit: Everything standing seems to work great, though when crouched the position doesn't reset so you can move away from the object with the mouse, leaving you in a 'cover' animation in the open.

Couldn't find a object appropriate to test the blind fire, though i did get in the anim.

All in all, functional and nice, though i think a scroll option/keyboard combo to break the animation if you do get stuck would be good.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Edit: Everything standing seems to work great, though when crouched the position doesn't reset so you can move away from the object with the mouse, leaving you in a 'cover' animation in the open.

Thanks Scarecrow :)

Its now fixed and version 0.1b is available from the first post - I changed some code this morning and forgot to update the config for the kneeling animations. Hopefully you'll no longer get stuck in any of the new animations.

Well Done NORRIN, going to have to give this some testing!

Thanks

Vengeance

Great addon! I do some test on UTES.

I think more easy if you add a keybind instead of an addaction.

It misses a lean animation so you can see whithout exposing yourself in cover mod.

I have some trouble:

If you don't wait a little before move left or right in cover, you're automaticaly move out of cover.

Sometimes the addaction "use cover" is created twice.

Sometimes when you reach the end of cover and you move step out, your character will be hurt a little.

Will.

The Arma series definitely needs addons like this. A brilliant mod.

Great addon! I do some test on UTES.

I think more easy if you add a keybind instead of an addaction.

It misses a lean animation so you can see whithout exposing yourself in cover mod.

I have some trouble:

If you don't wait a little before move left or right in cover, you're automaticaly move out of cover.

Sometimes the addaction "use cover" is created twice.

Sometimes when you reach the end of cover and you move step out, your character will be hurt a little.

Will.

I also got these same bugs in my own test scenario. Also using the cover system indoors was sometimes a bit dangerous.

Version 0.2 is now available from the first post.

This is the list of fixes it contains:

- Fixed delay when entering cover mode

- Fixed terrain height bug when in buildings

- Added peaking left and right while in cover

- Fixed damage that occassionally occured when turning out of cover to shoot

- Created missing geo lods for shooting from cover while kneeling. (04/03/13)

- Removed some redundant code from scripts and config.

Thanks for testing guys, please let me know if you run into anything else.

@Foxhound - as always thanks for the mirror :)

norrin

Edited by norrin

I notice one thing: My character cannot walk on the last stairs of the ATC on UTES but if I run it works.

Some things spawn on my RPT:

=====================================================================
== D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe
== "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@Norrin_colision;
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2013/02/15 15:20:11
Current time:  2013/03/06 10:06:38

Version 1.62.95248
[77,21.146,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.187. MISSINIT: missionName=intro, worldName=Desert_E, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
[77,22.743,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowN.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 107)
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowN.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.025
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowN.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowN.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNL.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 107)
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNL.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.025
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNL.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNL.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNR.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 107)
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNR.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.025
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNR.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNR.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 101)
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nStand_RifleLowBLC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nStand_RifleLowBRC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nStand_RifleLowNLC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nStand_RifleLowNRC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.025
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 101)
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nStand_RifleLowBLC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nStand_RifleLowBRC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nStand_RifleLowNLC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nStand_RifleLowNRC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.025
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nStand_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 101)
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nKneel_RifleLowBLC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nKneel_RifleLowBRC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nKneel_RifleLowNLC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nKneel_RifleLowNRC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.025
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowNC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 101)
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nKneel_RifleLowBLC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nKneel_RifleLowBRC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nKneel_RifleLowNLC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move nKneel_RifleLowNRC
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.025
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/nKneel_RifleLowBC.InterpolateTo: Bad move 0.02
Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl