Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

Community interest in Rearmed for ArmA 3 (integration of A2 and OA content with A3)

I have no idea how much effort it takes (I guess alot!) but it would be nice to be able to roam Chernarus and Takistan in A3.

/KC

I'd be very intersted in this project if the ported content could make use of most or even all the new features of ArmA3.

For example: If Chernarus+ with more enterable buildings and newly designed areas was availabe in ArmA3, this would most probably be my favourite playground. I am not so sure about standard Cherna, where too many doors are locked. If ArmA3 introduces working rear mirrors, vehicles ported from ArmA2 should also have working mirrors in ArmA3. I expect this to be extremely difficult, maybe even impossible, but frankly speaking I don't think I would enjoy using content with features missing. Missing features were one of the biggest disvantages in using some stuff from ArmA2 in OA. Always thinking: Can these troops carry rucksacks or not, does this rifle have two types of sights or just one, etc. isn't exactly a show-stopper, but it is definetely not ideal.

Sounds amazing!

The best things of Arma 2 in Arma 3. Whats not to like?

Cheers

Crusader

Well I don´t care much about the untis and stuff, but it would be a shame if Chernarus was completely abandoned. That is really worth porting over. Chernarus+ would be even better because of the enterable buildings

i agree, id love to see the maps ported over, maybe updated a little with more enterable buildings, Id like to also see dayz standalone "chernarus map" ported over. it looks cool. but, leave the zombies in dayz.

they'd have to replace all the flora since they're resource intensive, not well optimized like in arm 3, and use different collision/cover geometry....and god knows what else needs updating/replacing. probably the whole terrain.

At first I thought this was a great idea, and it is, very noble.

However, I'd rather developers create something unique. Instead of porting Chern or Taki why not create a whole new island, something that takes advantage of the massive amounts of space in Arma 3. I hope developers spend their resources, time, creativity, and skill on new experiences within Arma 3. Most of us already have Arma 2 -- if we want to play those experiences we'd open arma 2.

Let's start new stories, new ventures and new memories... the old ones were great, but they were great because they were unique... imagine what the future will hold if people come together and start brain storming something new.

I have to say I would love (really really love) chern or chern+ with A3 vegetation. This is by far the most enjoyable map I have every used, I cant stand takistan it is just way to open and give no sense of distance on foot it is depressing and extremely boring.

I for one would love this. Being able to transfer the communities work to newer projects with ease would be wonderful, and would also benefit BIS. If they make a foundation to transfer mod stuff to newer titles, then such a foundation already gives them a canvas to do things at a more easier level than building from scratch.

However, I do see an issue with this, and it surfaced with the CAA1 project. ArmA I did a lot of things that were drastically changed for ArmA II, and as such a conversion project actually required tinkering with many of the internal nooks and crannies. I'm sure with ToH: Rearmed that merging ArmA II with a new game was already planned, but I can't see ArmA I being part of the pie. Unless the game, its campaigns, and long desired assets are either remade by BIS, or the CAA1 project goes into overdrive to convert them.

I would rather BIS spend time making *NEW STUFF* not backtracking and giving us maps we already played, I mean if they could come up with a map as beautiful as Limnos and Stratis then I want to see what else they got up their sleves. Im sure some modders will be able to convert the Arma 2/ OA maps, units, weapons over to Arma 3 but its a matter of time and what the modding tool are capable of.

Hi, i think that W0lle and the rest of the CWR2 crew already made a big and good effort for bring the CWR stuff to the ArmA2/CO for everyone for free as for ask 'em to convert all that huge job again for the new game, adapt the models... ironing the models and configs... redo the missions... open/import/export all the models, terrain, missions, configs and a long etc of things; IMO they deserve a break. Let's C ya

I would love to see everything but to me most critical is the maps. I would love to see the maps ported over to Arma 3 so we have more area to play on.

Hi, i think that W0lle and the rest of the CWR2 crew already made a big and good effort for bring the CWR stuff to the ArmA2/CO for everyone for free as for ask 'em to convert all that huge job again for the new game, adapt the models... ironing the models and configs... redo the missions... open/import/export all the models, terrain, missions, configs and a long etc of things; IMO they deserve a break. Let's C ya

The point wasn't Cold War Rearmed, but something like Take On Helciopter's DLC, Take On: Rearmed, where you can use all assets from ARMA 2 and Arrowhead within Take On Helicopter....

Something like CAA2.

And I'd love to see that, not only for Takistan and Chernarus, but it would also allow us to load other islands that depend on the models/pbo's from Arma 2.

I'm strongly against it if it's done like in Take On where you must have a whole game and its expansion installed just to have 2 islands wasting 20 gigs of space (and since islands are the ones you want to speed up the streaming of that will have to be 20 gigs of SSD space which is a complete waste)

CAA1 way is the best.

ArmA 3 Alpha - Chernarus Imported (ArmA 2 Island)

zRLEDvEQc78

ArmA 3 Alpha - ArmA 2 Takistan/Weapons/Vehicles Imported

RkPDNmEF8do

Great stuff...

Looking forward to roam the Chernarus woods with working HDR lighting!

/KC

;2312860']ArmA 3 Alpha - Chernarus Imported (ArmA 2 Island)

[YOUUBE]zRLEDvEQc78[/YOUTUBE]

ArmA 3 Alpha - ArmA 2 Takistan/Weapons/Vehicles Imported

[YOUTBE]RkPDNmEF8do[/YOUTUBE]

Oh my word. Perhaps it's too early to ask, but is the converting similar to what you intended for CAA1?

Edited by Placebo

This would be very cool. I can imagine it being a fair amount of work though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-Na3kAgLk

I played with takistan last nite and worked with nice performance but soldier animations were all off! i got to figure out the right pbos to use as an @takistan addon for arma 3!

This is probably silly to ask but the leaning while prone thing is part of the new animation system, right?

To be dead honest I would rather have the mods, (ace slx asr...) ported over rather then weapons and vehicles. Lets be real in a few months there will be hundreds of maps units weapons ect, are we really going to go back to a2?