Sign in to follow this  
Yett71

What computing system do you have for the Arma 3 Beta?

done, my poor old Arma II system looking dated now lol :) (Minds the intel quad core 2.4)

I learned my lesson, I built a new rig in May right before Arma 2 came out and it could barely run it. So next time I will wait a year or so after a new Arma game comes out and get the next generation of CPU, chipsets, etc. Not sure what systems they test on when making the game, but they must be some high end systems.

At the time I bought a i7 920, GTX 285OC2, 6GB Ram and at that time was a good machine, not the most high end, but near the top. Only way I was able to play was to OC the i7 to 3.6Ghz and helped upgrading the GTX285 to two 480's in SLI.

So I am hoping my rig now will run Arma 3, have my doubts, but have my fingers crossed. Can't wait for the alpha, been waiting a long time!

Who the hell has a SSD on 2 TB? :D

i've already heard of praise on the performance optimizations from several non-hypy relatively objective sources so i don't even worry about how my hardware will fare. i am betting it'll run a hell of a lot better than arma 2 due to proper multi core support this time around. and better understanding of new technology, model detail, lods, etc. arma 2's models were really poorly optimized, you can tell the new models are well balanced. no more super high polygon boot or amateur things like that.

Done, I'm not too concerned about performance. Considering the E3 2012 systems were i7 970s with a GTX 580 and was running quite nicely, there shouldn't be any reason for concern if you have a 3rd generation processor and a 7000 series or 600 series card.

Results so far with 157 Participants

82% of users have Windows 7

9% of users have a GeForce GTX 580

41% of users have a 8GB DDR3

15% of users have a i5-3570K

68%of users have a Quad core system

19% have a core frequency of 3.4

60% of users own an SSD

34% of users have between 100 - 150GB on their SSD

81% of users have an Onboard sound card

97% of users own a Hard-drive

28% of users have a 1TB hard-drive

36% of users have a 24 inch monitor

68% of users own one monitor.

60% of users have a native resolution of 1920 x 1080

is it possible to put the MHz CPU result in a bar graph instead? It would be easier to look at it.

Anyway good job

U are missing some serious things like:

32 or 64 bit system.

GTX470 GPU

Also you should add a new section about FPS in some default arma3 benchmark situation.

Will be interesting to look at :) Thanks for creating it!

I was also missing my i7-860 CPU; the 860s was there though.

Looks like i have the worst PC and the biggest screen.

I barely meet the minimum requirements.

Crap 'til this time,my rig is the worst..I have to start worrying(and of course buy a new monster..) :(

Did mine last nite tho stupidly named I5 rather than I5 2500k :o

Really surprised that the Nvidia 680 is the highest percentage video card! (besides Other)

Well, last summer my HD4870 died and I needed a new Graka even though I planned to hold of until Arma 3 comes out. Turns out it would probably still be a 680 now as the Titan is way out of my pricerange and AMD seems to go for maximum fps instead of stable fps.

Whoever has a dual core needs to upgrade to a quad if they want to get the best experience from Arma. I got my I5 3570k for $200 with a $20 gift card during a holiday sale, a really good deal but now its like $230.

I initially planned to hold until ArmaIII release as well. My previous comp died last may only after 3 years of services... I spent 650€ for my new computer, (I5 3570k, HD7850 2GO and 8GO of DDR3 1600Mhz), I really hope it'll will be enough to run ArmaIII smoothly with most settings maxed out like I do with ArmaII. :o

Edited by dunedain

Upgraded my system in December, runs all of my current games perfectly. Hoping it runs Arma 3 decently.

Don't Know if my old Radeon 5770 will be good enough for this release, i hope it is because I'm skint!!;)

Is Native screen resolution common or was i just lucky to in with the "IN" crowd 8)- Also are u guys running that same resolution in ArmA or do u drop it a bit. Seems like I read somewhere that the ArmA Prifile must match native desktop screen resolution, sry kinda off topic just kinda popped out there.

To some of you who may be looking for an upgrade for A3, here's a chance for you to win a Geforce GTX Titan and a 1000w Seasonic Power Supply. It's really simple to enter and it's open worldwide. Good luck to those who enter. You can be sure that with a Titan, you'll have no problem running A3.

Link : http://www.kitguru.net/site-news/competitions-2-site-news/carl/win-an-asus-gtx-titan-gpu-seasonic-platinum-1000w-psu/

Got a I7 2600k , 8gb ram ddr3 , sapphire 7870 2gb vram, 500w psu and a 1tb hdd . I don't care about graphics settings . I care about my fps . As long as its around 60fps .... Well that's all I care about .

it dawned on me that I should really test the alpha on my soon to be upgraded system. How else would I be able notice performance issues that should be looked into? On a super rig those things could be overlooked.