Sign in to follow this  
Yett71

What computing system do you have for the Arma 3 Beta?

CPU: AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz

RAM: 12.0 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (overclocked)

HDD: 1 TB (standard)

MONITOR: 22" LCD Monitor (1920x1080)

MOUSE: Naga Hex

Overall view distance is 1768. Shadow distance is 75. Everything else is pretty much on Ultra setting and great most of the time. Game usually gets laggy in missions with a lot of AI or a server with players connecting and disconnecting frequently.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz (Socket 1155) Quad Core CPU

GPU: R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5

RAM: TeamGroup Elite 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

HDD: 1TB

MONITOR: 23" HP 2311x (1920x1080)

MOUSE: EpicGear Meduza HDST gaming mouse

After I'm done with A-levels I've £400 to spend on a PC, so I might be able to build a PC better than my laptop and upgrade it when I start working. I can't wait to get a new PC, my laptop struggles with games and blender :(

Its interesting. I'd go as far to say, based on this data, the average PC spec for arma3 users is quite powerful. intel i5 quad core. 8-16GB ram, nvidia 670 gpu with a 128-256gb SSD and a 24" monitor.

Its interesting. I'd go as far to say, based on this data, the average PC spec for arma3 users is quite powerful. intel i5 quad core. 8-16GB ram, nvidia 670 gpu with a 128-256gb SSD and a 24" monitor.

Its more showing off rigs...the people with terrible rigs know its going to run poorly :D

Its more showing off rigs...the people with terrible rigs know its going to run poorly :D

The sad thing is, that the performance difference between a more-mid-range and a more high-end rig is not such big. If you did upgrade your rig within the last 2 years, then you are almost fine for most of the games out there, but unfortunately not for ARMA-3.

:)

I just spent £2500 on a new rig and i'm getting between 60fps and 40fps my specs are below i am a tad disappointed should i be getting more?

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3820 (3.6GHz) 10MB Cache

Motherboard ASUS® RAMPAGE IV EXTREME: INTEL X79, SOCKET 2011, R.O.G

Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST QUAD-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)

Graphics Card 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX TITAN - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE

Monitor AOC E2752VQ 27" WIDESCREEN LED TFT - 1920 x 1080, 2MS

I run it on auto detect so i dont know if its on ultra but everything looks great and it runs 'just fine' nothing more.

I just spent £2500 on a new rig and i'm getting between 60fps and 40fps my specs are below i am a tad disappointed should i be getting more?

I run it on auto detect so i dont know if its on ultra but everything looks great and it runs 'just fine' nothing more.

First off I hate you and demand you send me your pc...

Secondly I wouldn't worry as Arma 3 alpha is still quite unoptimised and not really an indication of the hardware someone owns.

Beta and full release will hopefully see big improvements...we will see.

If other games are running as well as you would like then that's what to base the system on imo.

Nice pc though :D

Frankly, a general view of Arma is that the games really benefit from being installed and running on a solid-state drive (SSD), so "running Arma 3 from a hard drive" the most likely issue. However, having that 32 GB of DDR3 RAM does allow you to use a RAMDisk (keep Arma 3 installed on the hard drive though!) which is reputedly even superior to a SSD in performance gains over a hard drive. While I can't guarantee a specific performance "number", the RAMDisk method beats having to go spend more money on a rig that's already overkill for most games.

Amusingly, apparently Battlefield 3's multiplayer match load times were most noticeably improved by a SSD if it was one of the vanilla maps and not a DLC map... whereas the DLC maps had fine enough load times even from a hard drive, somehow DICE messed up with the vanilla maps and their load times from a hard drive were/are even worse than in the infamous Battlefield 3 beta!

I have this PC:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/981450_10151943494638989_1665880673_o.jpg (169,07 KB)

Great score and I can play Metro Last Light\Battlefield 3\alltherest very very good, not Arma3 btw (forest: 45-55FPS, mid: 35-45FPS, cities: 30-35FPS). Please optimize it for multi-cores CPUs

Thanks. Goodbye.

Edited by PurePassion

So i finally bought this yesterday..... and i am pleasantly surprised!

My old heap; Core2Duo 6320 @ 2GHz - 2gb DDR2 Ram - GTX285 - WD 500GB 7200rpm HDD - XFX 650w PSU - 5:4 19" TFT.

Crap CPU by todays standards, an old-ish card, and minimum acceptable ram. The result? I get 25-35fps on Medium.

Only things turned down are Shadows to Low and the blur etc. to Low. Objects up to High, view distance @ 1000 and resolution of 1280x1024.

I have been buying bits for an upgrade in order to play this (only waiting on an i5 and want a 1080 monitor)... but i am now no longer in such a hurry. To me what i can get from my cruddy old nearly-antique system for the time being is acceptable.

The Beta will probably ruin it all for me and mean i have to go spend some more money :icon_lol:

Anyone who is disappointed with their framerate should tweak.

A lot of settings don't have any impact at all. Some settings only matter if they’re on or not so if you do activate them you may as well crank them up all the way and it won’t slow you down proportionally. Avoid post-processing. I would recommend low which adds a dreamy HDR effect that everyone may not enjoy but normal only adds depth of field at a considerable loss in performance and higher settings only add sliiightly deeper shadows that really wouldn’t show at all during actual gameplay in the scenes I tried it in. Don’t avoid post-processing anti-aliasing though, or x2 anti-aliasing for that matter. Especially PPAA does wonders for image sharpness when aiming down the gun sights

Anisotropic, PPA and ATOC don’t cause any noticeable performance loss. However they also really don’t do much except for PPA which does have a great effect.

Don’t chicken out on the great HDR setting! I have no idea what impact dynamic lights has though… and clouds don’t seem to have any effect. Disable or Ultra – whatever you think looks the best. On anything above disabled the clouds will spin awkwardly. Go for high texture quality settings and really try to go for shadows high but objects quality can be medium and terrain quality anything you want really… particles should probably be pretty low really but smokes will slow your game to a crawl regardless anyways.

If you're not doing so well turn anything that has no apparent effect down and if you're cocky turn everything that has no apparent performance impact up!

I play arma on rig with following specs:

Intel core2 duo 6400

4gb ram, nvidia 240gt, sata hdd

All graphics settings at minimum except particle effects

resolution 1200xsomething on fullhd lcd.

It's still playable - in woods and aread around cities i get like 10-20fps, but if there is a lot of AI

on the move, or in cities it drops to 5-10fps ;)))).

You have no idea how hard is to hit the enemy sometimes, but i still love this game.

Edited by yarex

I have a core i7, gtx 670, 8gb of ram and everything installed on a SSD. I still hope the game is optimized for the beta or at least for the official release!

Hi

I have only just got A3A a couple of days ago and I am using:

Asus P8Z77-V LX, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10GHz (IB), GeIL EVO Leggera 16GB (1333Mhz), MSI HD 6870 OC 1024MB, 19'' TFT running 1280x1024

It is currently installed on a standard 7,200 RPM HDD as I dont have room for it on my small boot SSD.

Auto detects and sets overall settings to very high. I have no idea what my FPS is though. Can feel a bit laggy sometimes, but overall it runs very well.

Next year I should be building a new rig - and future proofing is high on my list :yay:

Cheers

Buff

I finished building my new system two days ago and fired up the alpha. I couldn't be more impressed. I upgraded from a Q6600 2.4 GHz and geforce 8800 ultra with 4 GB RAM.

My new build is

Win7 64bit Pro

i5 4670k OC 4.7 GHz

GTX 780

16 GB 2133 MHz ram

256GB SSD

I runs smoothly with all the settings on ultra, even 8x AA. Never goes below 30 fps. Flying around the island on the editor I get about 45-60 FPS.

I5 2500K

MSI P67A

x2 SSD Agility 2 (60gb each) Raid 0

EVGA GTX 570 - soon to be EVGA GTX 770

8 GB Corsair

I finished building my new system two days ago and fired up the alpha. I couldn't be more impressed. I upgraded from a Q6600 2.4 GHz and geforce 8800 ultra with 4 GB RAM.

My new build is

Win7 64bit Pro

i5 4670k OC 4.7 GHz

GTX 780

16 GB 2133 MHz ram

256GB SSD

I runs smoothly with all the settings on ultra, even 8x AA. Never goes below 30 fps. Flying around the island on the editor I get about 45-60 FPS.

wow. impressive indeed. i'm planning to upgrade to a comparable pc. (but with gtx770 not 780). can you tell me, what are your setting for view-distance and your resolution? thanks!

have fun with your new rig!

I'm using a 1920x1200 monitor and have the view distance at around 3500

Athlon II X3 440 "Rana" @ 3.42ghz, Cooled by a Corsair H60

MSI NF980-G65

G.Skill DDR1600, 4GB

MSI GTS 250 1GB

WD Caviar Black 1tb 7200rpm

Win 7 home.

And it kinda, sorta, almost works. Game is playable at very low settings at 1600x900, any missions with lots of AI will tank the frame rate. I'd really like to build a new Intel based rig to enjoy the game. Can't seem to get more speed out of the CPU with any kind of stability, I guess 3.4 over stock clock at 3.0 is not bad but I digress.

Hey by the way what does new about $400 graphic cards and processors score in the Windows rating system? Say a GTX770 and i5/i7 or something such.

My system is currently 7.3 7.3 7.6 7.6 7.0 7.0.

AMD Athlon II x2 3.10 Ghz

4.00 GB Ram

ATI Radeon 6670 1024MB

Windows 7 64-bit

I get by pretty well but, then i was using a P4 for most of Arma2 life :cool:

Will be updated to this thursday:

Dell Inspiron 530 Motherboard

4gb RAM

GeForce GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz

Windows 8 64-bit

My old system was starting to creak a little after 4 years....so seeing as we have a nice shiny new ARMA to play with, it was decided to buy a new shiny PC.

Core i7 4770K 4.4Ghz

Asus Z87-Pro M/Board

16Gb Corsair Vengence Pro 1866Mhz

512Gb Samsung 840Pro SSD

3TB HDD

Corsair 600T (White) Case

Corsair H100i CPU cooler

Asus GTX590 (My old card to be lifted out of my current PC to go into the new one)

Avermedia Livegamer 1080p Capture card. (no more FRAPS for me)

Windows 8 64Bit