Sign in to follow this  
Yett71

What computing system do you have for the Arma 3 Beta?

Running the pc i talked about building last summer on these forums somewhere.

Asrock Extreme 4

I5 3570k

8gb Ripjaws

Evga 660ti

The only thing i plan to do is get an SSD as right now i have a standard 500gb HDD. No problems with the alpha maxed out so far seems to run a dream, i only have the lite though so it would be interesting to see what its like in a full on war.

just ordered a new CPU.

How will this game run on

i5 3570k

4 gigs ram

Geforce 465 GTX 1 gig

Im worried about my graphics card, but now i got a beastly processor. (used to have phenom 2 945)

Do you guys think my graphics card will cut it? Ideally id like to run on high smoothly

just ordered a new CPU.

How will this game run on

i5 3570k

4 gigs ram

Geforce 465 GTX 1 gig

Im worried about my graphics card, but now i got a beastly processor. (used to have phenom 2 945)

Do you guys think my graphics card will cut it? Ideally id like to run on high smoothly

If it had been coded more efficiently, yes. As it isn't, then, no. I doubt your rig will run it smoothly. Unless you set the standard of 'smooth' as others do in these forums, ie load up a blank map, put one soldier down and run for 1 second and say 'yeh, that's smooth'.. Coz that's about as scientific as you need be and from there you will enjoy the fact your rig is perfectly adequate. Just don't put over 40 same old stupid AI down in the editor. This way you'll be able to run around at 60FPS with enough eye candy and nothing going on, outside your mind and in, for you to just enjoy it enough. Again, don't put anything in the editor that will try and use your processor, it's risking despondency.

Edited by Touch Off

Just pushed the Alpha lite to my second machine (first machine in spioler below)

Q9650, 8gig ram, and a GTX 285, and can get quite playable frames (steady 30+) @ 2.5k view distance, res 1600x 1060, on mechanical drives. Have to sacrifice a good chunk of bling but it still looks playable.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Submitted my specs

Amd 1090T 3.2Ghz

Amd 6950 overlocked and shader unlocked 6970

8GB Ram

Asus M5a97 R2.0

Core i5 2500k

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

8GB RAM

120GB SSD

Notebook: MySN XMG6 (clevo w860cu)

i7 920xm @3-3.3 GHz

8 GB Ram

ATI 6990m (@755/900) MHz

256 GB SSD

Having this built..not ordered yet...as i wanted to know if i should change anything first to run arma3 in ultra at a good frame rate

My rig at the moment runs at 20 fps in showcase

Asus P8Z77-V LX2

Intel Core i5 3570K

4.3Ghz - Moderate Overclock

Corsair H80i Water Cooler

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB

16GB DDR3 1333mhz (4x4GB) (?)

700W Xigmatek

Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

120 gb SSD from other rig

My configuration :

Asus P5K

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

8 go ram Gskill

Geforce 560 GTX

Windows 8

Working quite good.

Asus Rampage IV Extreme

i7 3930K@4.8

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB@2133

GTX690

OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 240GB

2x Samsung 840Pro 512 RAID0

Windows 8

Done and Done. Hope this sirvey will help BI determine what they can/should aim for.

Done, and now im depressed and really need a new PC, with my Q6600 oc@3.0 Ghz and a GTX260 and all settings minimum FPS is barely playable. Sure engine will be optimized, but that wont do it, islands will be much bigger etc etc :\

I got an old 560 Ti and an i5 3550 3.3 GHz. How will I do?

Am looking to upgrade to a 660 Ti and wondering how that will fare as well.

i5 3350P

GTS 250 1GB

2x2GB DDR2 (1066 I think)

7200RPM HDD (WD)

Get 30-40 FPS w/o AI on most of the map on medium-high settings (no AA), 1600x900, and 3500m viewdist. 10-20FPS with 100-150 AI in the city. I'm content with the performance, but plan an upgrade to a 9750 this summer, perhaps another 4GB with RAM so cheap.

I'm still running the same rig that I put together for Arma 2 back in 2008 or 2009 but with a newer Video Card that I recently picked up (see below).

I'm slightly overclocked to 3.6 ghz with stock fan running High Settings running 1920x1080 on the Arma 3 Alpha.

check this out...

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2306247

I'm wondering if it is even worth jumping up to something like an AMD fx 8350 at 4.2ghz when my FPS might only increase 10fps (from around 30 to 40) on High or Even Ultra Settings...I'll wait and see what the summer brings chip wise from AMD (I'm an AMD guy for some reason).

I'm sure things will be better when the game is optimized more though.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz (3.6ghz oc)

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe

MSI Twin Frozr R7950

Mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600

Western Digitial Caviar Black 1TB Drive

Corsair TX 750 watts

TrackIR 5

HT OMEGA STRIKER SOUND CARD

Windows 7 64bit

Edited by kwhy
added video resolution

I've always preferred mobility to anything else...and some may find this strange but I'm still using my "old" Asus G73 Laptop for the Alpha and it's going quite well so far.

With an i7 Q 720 and an Ati 5870 1Gb, it's still rolling on high/standard settings at around 35/40 FPS - 1920x1080.

I'm considering a new Asus G75 for my next platform. (Hands up if you can play at work!)

Done, and now im depressed and really need a new PC, with my Q6600 oc@3.0 Ghz and a GTX260 and all settings minimum FPS is barely playable. Sure engine will be optimized, but that wont do it, islands will be much bigger etc etc :\

I'm just a little bit better off than you are...

Q9550 oc'd to 3.4 Ghz

two GTX280s in SLI

The game actually runs much better than I predicted it would with this setup...

Current Rig:

AMD Athlon X4 640 (3.0 Ghz)

12 GB Memory

XFX 4850 625M 1GB

Still reviewing my options for upgrade Intel/AMD, Graphics AMD/Nvidia, Mobo, Memory etc.

Running game mostly on standard (No AA, FXAA Ultra, Post Processing Off) but I have Textures, Shadows set on high. FPS around 29-30 with drops to 20-24 when allot is happening onscreen (Multiple AI, Smoke etc).

Computer. 'trolololol'

AMD Phenom ii X6 1050T 2.80 Ghz

4GB DDR3 RAM

MSI Geforce 560GTX Twin Frozr II

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

My 9800gt/Intel Core 2 Q6600/4gb ram setup runs the game fairly well, can get about 20 flying helicopters before getting below 20fps, but lags more on multiplayer. I'm hoping to get a 560 and an i7 920 along with at least 8 gigs of ram

Just pulled the trigger and got the Alpha! Just waiting on the download from steam and the anticipation is driving me crazy. Anyway, I built this rig recently and can't wait to see how this fairs. Thinking about grabbing a better HD or an SSD card. Really hope my current HD won't hold me back much. (specs in sig and filled out the form as well).

Dafydd your system will run the game medium-high settings without a problem.

And expect the game to get optimized, which will make things run even better :)