Sign in to follow this  
Yett71

What computing system do you have for the Arma 3 Beta?

I'm sitting with a AMD Radeon HD 6450 with also AMD Phenom X6 II at 2.7ghz if I'm not mistaken with 8GB RAM. It's a wonder my computer held on Normal Settings on ArmA 2!

CPU → i5 2500k OC'ed at 4.5GHz

GPU → ASUS EN580GTX DC2

Mobo → ASUS P67 Sabertooth

RAM → Corsair Vengeance 2*4Go

PSU → LEPA G700W

Case → Corsair Obsidian 650D

OS → Win 7 Home premium

Almost 2 years old.. and still doing fine :)

I'm sitting with a AMD Radeon HD 6450 with also AMD Phenom X6 II at 2.7ghz if I'm not mistaken with 8GB RAM. It's a wonder my computer held on Normal Settings on ArmA 2!

Oh, poor you! I'll be heading into A3 with Q6600 OC'd to 3GHz and 4870 with lousy 512MB of vRAM.

Just hope my trusty I7 930 holds up. I don't have the funds to upgrade as of yet..

i7 930 can be overclocked to 4.0Ghz.

I have an I5 650@3.2Ghz, it can be overclocked at 4.2 with som cooling equipement...

Edited by Braker

I hope my Gtx 670 with a I5 2500k and 4gb's of ram can run this nicely!

I want max view distance....thats a must for me. :)

And i don't care about fps....i am ok with 30. :p

Done. I upgraded my PC just for A3. Hope it runs great on my new rig.

I hope my Gtx 670 with a I5 2500k and 4gb's of ram can run this nicely!

I want max view distance....thats a must for me. :)

And i don't care about fps....i am ok with 30. :p

Just want to let you know that ArmA 3's max view distance is 20 km. It's going to take at least 2-3 Titans, 2 GTX 690s, 2 7990 Ares, anyway, it's going to take more than 1 670 to get more than 30 FPS at a 20 km view distance. I settle on 3.5 km usually, you don't really need more than that on the ground.

I OC'd my i7 920 to 3.66 ghz (4 ghz makes my temp alarm go off :( ) and OC'd my GTX 560 TI for now. We'll see how the Alpha runs and then decide what to do next.

Just want to let you know that ArmA 3's max view distance is 20 km. It's going to take at least 2-3 Titans, 2 GTX 690s, 2 7990 Ares, anyway, it's going to take more than 1 670 to get more than 30 FPS at a 20 km view distance. I settle on 3.5 km usually, you don't really need more than that on the ground.

I can't believe in this...And yes i know about the 20km.:D

My rig might not run it in max settings...But thats too much...

The recommended specs says otherwise,but we will see.....

2500k @ 4.5ghz

7950 3GB DDR5

16GB Ram

I don't think I'll be able to play Arma 3.

Either that's a typo, you're completely insane, or just trolling, take your pick, you'll have no problem running A3 with that rig.

Done. I upgraded my PC just for A3. Hope it runs great on my new rig.

Hope you have better luck than me! I built my machine just for Arma 2 a month or so before its release and it would barely run it. Only way I could get it to run was overclock my processor and get a better video card. Next time I'll wait a year or so after for the next gen of hardware.

i7 930 can be overclocked to 4.0Ghz.

an unnecessary step since the recommended specs is 3ghz, unless you like generating excess heat and eating energy for no reason.

an unnecessary step since the recommended specs is 3ghz, unless you like generating excess heat and eating energy for no reason.

I'd overclock, why not push the CPU to its limits. If you can run stable with it OC'd then do it! Get much better performance! Think your nuts if you don't!

If Arma 3 is anything like Arma 2: OA it will make huge difference, especially with lots of AI. The differences between 3.4GHz, 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz and 4.2GHz are MASSIVE on my system. Average with 3.4 GHz in the E08: Benchmark is around 35fps, at 3.6GHz I didn't see much improvement with ~38-40fps average (both tested a few weeks ago, didn't make any screens though. I got new RAM and OC'd again, ran prime95 etc. In the process I fired up Arma out of curiosity because I've been on 3.8GHz for about 3.5 years - there has changed so much since then).

At 3.8GHz I got 48fps average in a benchmark I did last summer when I got my GTX680 and now at 4.2GHz it's 50 fps average in the benchmark I just ran with the newest beta patch with the same settings I had back then.

Up to 3.8GHz the differences are HUGE - especially between 3.6 and 3.8GHz, after that I get diminishing returns in the benchmark...

Settings:

video23kae.jpg

3.8GHz, Summer '12:

arma2oa2012-07-2421-263j1i.jpg

4.2GHz, just now, with the same settings used back in summer '12:

arma2oa2013-03-0406-1mukwt.png

With my current settings it's even more (120% 3D Resolution + normal HDR, everything else like in the screen above):

arma2oa2013-03-0405-4fxuoj.png

I've got my i7 950 OC'd to 4.0GHz and it does wonders for ArmA2. I would definitely not recommend OC'ing that much, if any, without some form of liquid cooling :)

Completed and stuck the thread for now, might turn out to be useful :)

I'll be running the Arma 3 alpha on my i7 2600K, OC'd to 4.2Ghz, running two Nvidia GTX590's for (quad) SLI, driving 3x 24" screens in Nvidia surround. I hope they will have as good ultrawidescreen implementation in Arma3 as they have in Arma2.

I've got my i7 950 OC'd to 4.0GHz and it does wonders for ArmA2. I would definitely not recommend OC'ing that much, if any, without some form of liquid cooling :)

I'm on air with 4.2GHz. Max temperature is slightly above 70°C in prime95. In games I barely see more than 55°C. Idle is around 38-40°C. My processor has been running at 3.8GHz for about 3.5 years before I got myself new RAM in January this year. It was a little bit cooler at 3.8GHz but not much. A good CPU cooler is necessary but you don't need liquid cooling.

I have a Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366. It was one of the best coolers available at the time I build my PC

My workstation is normally used for 3D modeling and animation thus I know it will chew this game up and spit it back out... or maybe putter out and burn given the game's alpha status... :butbut:

done, looks like average arma 2 player has a mid-end pc, which isn't bad at all :)