Sign in to follow this  
Yett71

What computing system do you have for the Arma 3 Beta?

Arma 3 System Information Thread

I have made a quick form where you can fill out your system information and this will be recorded onto an excel sheet which is publicly view-able, the reason for this is to help us understand what specs everyone has and to help the developers see what the average specifications for a "Dedicated" ArmA fan has, which is most of us on the forums.

Fill out the form here:

Click Here

View the results of everyone here: (Excel Format/Data View):

Click Here

View the results of everyone here: (Summary/PieChat View):

Click Here

Thank You.

Edited by Yett71

done, my poor old Arma II system looking dated now lol :) (Minds the intel quad core 2.4)

It will be interesting. By the way, I bought a new PC specifically for ArmA 3 last summer, but Arma 3 wasnt released in 2012 :(((

Done. I bought my rig especially for TOH, it should be ok with A3.

Done mines the Q6700 with Asus striker extrmeme MOBO

you should have put in a choice for graphics cards, possibly putting roughly similar (in terms of DX-feature-level and performance) cards like Radeon 5850/5870/6850/6870 in one group. If people can just write in anything, you can't evaluate it properly. Same for SSD sizes etc.

My quad core was upgrade for ArmA2(dbl'd fps) holding breath for ArmA3,need to upgrade my GTS 450.

its really a catch 22. If the alpha runs poorly should one wait for optimisation to kick in or is it upgrade time? Will upgrade but at the latest time possible to get as much performance per euro spent.

I couldn't select my graphics card until I refreshed about 25 times, at first there was only 4 choices of very low powered graphics cards but each refresh made the graphics card list longer and longer. Weird bug.

EDIT: Lol I think I know what happened, OP was editing the list and I was refreshing everytime he added a new one.

Edited by Sgt-Chippuh

you should have put in a choice for graphics cards, possibly putting roughly similar (in terms of DX-feature-level and performance) cards like Radeon 5850/5870/6850/6870 in one group. If people can just write in anything, you can't evaluate it properly. Same for SSD sizes etc.

The form has been updated under this request I have added the most popular CPU's and Graphics cards to a Multiple Select to gather data better.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Summary of 42 Responses (So far)

82% of users have Windows 7

18%of users have a GeForce GTX 580

41%of users have a 8GB DDR3

27%of users have a i5-2500K

73%of users have a Quad core system

62%of users own an SSD

95%of users own a Hard-drive

83%of users own one monitor.

65%of users have a native resolution of 1920 x 1080

Will update when we get more responses.

Posts 14 and 17 contain spam. I've just added mine, great list. Maybe you could create a new table for when people have average, minimum and maximum benchmark framerates, combined with hardware. :)

Posts 14 and 17 contain spam. I've just added mine, great list. Maybe you could create a new table for when people have average, minimum and maximum benchmark framerates, combined with hardware. :)

Cleaned thanks :)

Done it, very good idea, but I noticed a couple of (presumably) typos which could affect responses.

Firstly, the CPU speed question reads "What MhZ is your CPU?". I assumed that it meant GHz, and responded as such. Also, on the SSD/hard drive question, some capacities appeared in more than one group, for example '300GB-500GB' and '500GB-750GB', which could create some confusion as to which group a 500GB Hard Drive owner should select.

Sorry if this sounds picky - as I said, its an excellent idea and is also very interesting to see the results

Done it, very good idea, but I noticed a couple of (presumably) typos which could affect responses.

Firstly, the CPU speed question reads "What MhZ is your CPU?". I assumed that it meant GHz, and responded as such. Also, on the SSD/hard drive question, some capacities appeared in more than one group, for example '300GB-500GB' and '500GB-750GB', which could create some confusion as to which group a 500GB Hard Drive owner should select.

Sorry if this sounds picky - as I said, its an excellent idea and is also very interesting to see the results

Fixed thanks for the information.

Misses 1920 x 1200 resolution (I know, has a "other" field, just sayin').

it's funny cuz i built my PC for Arma cuz my old pc did not meet req but now it does XD

Done, interesting results!

Done!

I think i'll run A3 fairly well. :D

Edit: And i forgot to enter my username. Oh well!