Sign in to follow this  
Montgomery

Organized Alpha Coop

I want to organize some coop testing sessions with the alpha. If you are over 21 years old, live in North America, and have voice communication capabilities, please send me a PM if you would like to do some testing in the alpha. I want to give constructive feedback to the developers, no crying, bitching, or complaining. If you are interested in testing the alpha with mature adults, please send me a message.

do i smell a lock?

Why would this thread get locked? Is organizing alpha testing sessions to provide good feedback frowned upon?

Maybe BI should try a EVE-Online style mass-test with a set goal of testing stuff?

Why would this thread get locked? Is organizing alpha testing sessions to provide good feedback frowned upon?

Because not every idea deserves a thread of its own...

It's a lot better than the other 30 daily threads asking the same questions over and over.

I don't see what's wrong with this thread. I don't see any existing thread dedicated to organizing coop sessions for the alpha.

Sounds like it'd be cool! ..alas I am Australian, and we are incapable of having or making friends.

Sounds like it'd be cool! ..alas I am Australian, and we are incapable of having or making friends.

Recently the Australian Civilians have been pretty hostile towards USA, think you're getting too much Immigrants :b

This thread is a good move for a community member wanting to do it. Hope people help you out, I can't though, got friends :b

I'm from Europe and I welcome you, oh Australian brother :) Let the yanks play with themselves ;) we'll make our own coop :D :D

I'm from Europe and I welcome you, oh Australian brother :) Let the yanks play with themselves ;) we'll make our own coop :D :D

I'm sure there will be plenty of european coops too. :D

Good initiative OP!

I think that any thread/topic that gets actively posted in (active discussion) is a thread that should stay open. Even if it is a duplicate or if there are 10 other similar threads. Thats the point of a forum right, to have open discussions, locking threads is the opposite of that. As long as a thread stays within the general forum rules and there is no bashing going on and the thread is active I see no reason for closed threads. But I am sure the moderators don't agree with that :)

Fellow Aussie here, I'd be up for it. I'll be playing with Ausarma (check out the ausarma teamspeak) and some friends.

I think that any thread/topic that gets actively posted in (active discussion) is a thread that should stay open. Even if it is a duplicate or if there are 10 other similar threads. Thats the point of a forum right, to have open discussions, locking threads is the opposite of that. As long as a thread stays within the general forum rules and there is no bashing going on and the thread is active I see no reason for closed threads. But I am sure the moderators don't agree with that :)

The problem with that is clutter and disorganization. It hurts the forum to have 10 different places discussing the same thing. It only causes confusion and has no benefit. It makes other threads harder to find because more pages have to be sorted through to find something.

The North American thing is just for time zone and connection purposes. I've had great times playing with people from other countries, please don't take my original post as anything negative against anyone outside of North America.

I've had a couple of people send me PMs about having some testing sessions. My goal is to first and foremost, have fun and second, provide good feedback to BIS. Three of us are former or current military with 4 total deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and the fourth is a game developer. I think our background will help us provide quality, constructive feedback about the alpha.

The North American thing is just for time zone and connection purposes. .... please don't take my original post as anything negative against anyone outside of North America.

Lol no worries mate, I was just poking fun. :P

Fellow Aussie here, I'd be up for it. I'll be playing with Ausarma (check out the ausarma teamspeak) and some friends.

Yea I'm up for trying multiplayer with whoever when I get a free moment, but as it's the start of the new Uni year I'll probably have limited time for a while getting on top of things. :) If the server browser is working and there are pub games up and running, I'll be more likely to join those for a while as opposed to planned/serious missions, just because it'll be easier on the time management for now.

On the topic of playing with people in Europe, I'm curious to see how the game will handle the latency issues with such long distances. It was more an issue of desync rather than ping with A2, so hopefully it stays the same! :)

If the OP decides to go forward with this I'd suggest creating a steam group for it.

I'm a fellow South Aussie hello! I will be interested to hit up some coop for the Alpha towards the end of the week / weekend :) Will only have enough time during the week to get it all going & sus it out a bit on my own before getting right into the thick of it.

I will go ahead and send you a PM. This is a great idea and I happen to actually be in the east coast US time zone.

Oh we will be 8)-:p Dont mean to hijack thread but I will doin same details in Sig 8)- Just know i start another coop Alpha thread it probably get locked.

Hope you don't mind me posting this here, since it is more about organized groups, one for the EU mostly but anyone can join. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147203-UK-EU-Alpha-Coop

No problem man. We are a community, we are supposed to help each other out.

Not everyone feels that way:

do i smell a lock?

But there are still a lot of good people around here:

I support this thread.