Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Force Recon

Made a replacement pack for the BIS USMC FR units. Guys give it a whirl and let me know how it goes :)

CptDavo,

Not sure if it is just my machine but the Replacement Pack Assault Rifleman and Assault Grenadier has Night Vision both up on Helmet and down viewing in Daytime? The standard Force Recon do not do this.

Thank you very much for the replacement pack CptDavo. I will update the first post.

Binkowski, as always state of the art badass Marines, fits in perfectly with your earlier released USMC units, great work. And if BIS will forget to to include USMC units in some DLC these will do even for ARMA 3. Keep up good work.

CptDavo,

Not sure if it is just my machine but the Replacement Pack Assault Rifleman and Assault Grenadier has Night Vision both up on Helmet and down viewing in Daytime? The standard Force Recon do not do this.

That is intentional as it reflects the similar setup the BIS units have.

That is intentional as it reflects the similar setup the BIS units have.

Are you sure you understand what he meant?... They have NVGs on their helmets and on their eyes simultaneously in the daylight. I doubt that is intentional because its non sense.

CptDavo,

Could you provide a screenshot of the issue?

Could you provide a screenshot of the issue?

This is it...

nvgbug.jpg

Hm, does everybody have this issue?

- Also does this only occur when using the REPLACEMENT pack and not on the standard addon?

If it only occurs on the replacement pack, then a line of code needs to be added.

I guess the replacement pack doesn't include hiddenSelections entry, thus making NVG visible in both positions.

;2311820']I guess the replacement pack doesn't include hiddenSelections entry' date=' thus making NVG visible in both positions.[/quote']

Yep, that would be the issue.

Wouldn't exactly say they are too late. As people will still be playing A2.

Hmm, looking at this thread kinda makes me want to install ArmA again..

Maybe some FR coop :rolleyes:

Little late but nice work on the Marines Binkowski.

Late? Certainly not. Just came at the right moment. ;)

@Bink

I provide you an even more pimped config for these anytime soon. :)

Hmm, looking at this thread kinda makes me want to install ArmA again..

Maybe some FR coop :rolleyes:

YES.

Also, maybe after awhile we can do some (new) Army SF coop :rolleyes:

Sweet! Thank you very much.

Models look good, other than a few inaccuracies:

1. If that's a model of an Eagle SPC, that would make these guys Recon Battalion, not Force. Force generally use the MBSS + PACA, CIRAS, and modern Force guys have been with the RBAV-SF.

2. MSOC are the only ones who use Peltor Comtac II's (They're using III's now-a-days), Force primarily use MSA Sordins. The Bowman style swimmer headset is sometimes seen (It's included in the FSBE Maritime Shooter kit as the RC101010-AP Low Noise Headset, NSN 5965-01-517-4269).

3. Hard to tell what unit that is from the screenshots, but the primary PTT units in use are the TEA Maritime PTT (Included with the FSBE Maritime Shooter Kits) .

4. Force would KILL to use PVS-15's :p. MSOC are the lucky ones who get 15's, Force and Recon Battalion are still using PVS-14's. Also hard to tell from the screens, but the arm has to be a variant of the Norotos TATM (Long or Short, Long is primarily used with 14's, short is used with 15's or 14's using a Wilcox J-Arm or Norotos Dual Dovetail Adaptor).

5. Some of the pouches should be re-worked to better represent the current FSBE II issue pouches. In screenshot 2 the dude in the background appears to be using a Tactical Tailor shingle. Depending on the unit the SOP and the Officers will be more strict or lenient about privately purchased gear. Most guys aren't total gearwhores and don't really know alternatives to what they're issued exist.

6. Some units have chosen to do away with belt or second-line mounted IFAKs and instead use the FSBE II E&R bag (or fanny pack) as an IFAK. Depending on what unit you're choosing to replicate it may be something to consider, although I can understand considering the engine's limitations that this option isn't really desirable.

7. The strobe placement on the first guy's helmet is absolutely useless, it's pointing forward which will wash out his NODs if it's turned on, plus nobody on the ground would really be able to see it. The strobes are generally place on the rear of the helmet in a vertical fashion where it can be best seen by teammates and aircraft, plus if Force were to somehow be issued heavy PVS-15's it could act as a slight counter-weight to save the wearer's neck ;)

I just wanted to point out some things that I, someone who collects and studies Force and MSOC kit, have noticed right off the bat, and to help you get more realistic and accurate models for the future. :)

If you need more reference, you can check my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ThatGuyWithTheMarineImpression

And I have an ungodly amount of reference pictures should you need / want them.

-Pete

Edited by BrunoSardine

I miss understood and thought people were complaining about having guys with helmets and nvgs instead if boonie hats. Yeah I didn't notice that problem when I first tested it. Thanks for the report. If any of you guys have the code for the fix please pm me.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

I miss understood and thought people were complaining about having guys with helmets and nvgs instead if boonie hats. Yeah I didn't notice that problem when I first tested it. Thanks for the report. If any of you guys have the code for the fix please pm me. is it this? { "NVGUp", "NVGDown" }

Awesome! I have just downloaded it and updated the guys with a new version :).

Models look good, other than a few inaccuracies:

1. If that's a model of an Eagle SPC, that would make these guys Recon Battalion, not Force. Force generally use the MBSS + PACA, CIRAS, and modern Force guys have been with the RBAV-SF.

2. MSOC are the only ones who use Peltor Comtac II's (They're using III's now-a-days), Force primarily use MSA Sordins. The Bowman style swimmer headset is sometimes seen (It's included in the FSBE Maritime Shooter kit as the RC101010-AP Low Noise Headset, NSN 5965-01-517-4269).

3. Hard to tell what unit that is from the screenshots, but the primary PTT units in use are the TEA Maritime PTT (Included with the FSBE Maritime Shooter Kits) .

4. Force would KILL to use PVS-15's . MSOC are the lucky ones who get 15's, Force and Recon Battalion are still using PVS-14's. Also hard to tell from the screens, but the arm has to be a variant of the Norotos TATM (Long or Short, Long is primarily used with 14's, short is used with 15's or 14's using a Wilcox J-Arm or Norotos Dual Dovetail Adaptor).

5. Some of the pouches should be re-worked to better represent the current FSBE II issue pouches. In screenshot 2 the dude in the background appears to be using a Tactical Tailor shingle. Depending on the unit the SOP and the Officers will be more strict or lenient about privately purchased gear. Most guys aren't total gearwhores and don't really know alternatives to what they're issued exist.

6. Some units have chosen to do away with belt or second-line mounted IFAKs and instead use the FSBE II E&R bag (or fanny pack) as an IFAK. Depending on what unit you're choosing to replicate it may be something to consider, although I can understand considering the engine's limitations that this option isn't really desirable.

7. The strobe placement on the first guy's helmet is absolutely useless, it's pointing forward which will wash out his NODs if it's turned on, plus nobody on the ground would really be able to see it. The strobes are generally place on the rear of the helmet in a vertical fashion where it can be best seen by teammates and aircraft, plus if Force were to somehow be issued heavy PVS-15's it could act as a slight counter-weight to save the wearer's neck

I just wanted to point out some things that I, someone who collects and studies Force and MSOC kit, have noticed right off the bat, and to help you get more realistic and accurate models for the future.

If you need more reference, you can check my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ThatGuyWithTheMarineImpression

And I have an ungodly amount of reference pictures should you need / want them.

-Pete

I'm not going to make them super realistic, I understand and thank you for all of the points you made in your post. But those are very nit-picky things.. Especially on just a project that I did for fun. Now if I was getting paid by Marines to do these for a simulator, then I would go super realistic and such.

I miss understood and thought people were complaining about having guys with helmets and nvgs instead if boonie hats. Yeah I didn't notice that problem when I first tested it. Thanks for the report. If any of you guys have the code for the fix please pm me.

I PM'd you the code that you will need to add to the config to make them work. Let me know if it's confusing or you need help with it :).

Updated version soon.

All fixed thanks Binkowski! Same link as previously mentioned. NVG's tested and work fine now for ASS RFL & ASS GDR units

Hey everybody, here is the final update and release of the units. At least, I hope it's the final update. Thanks to W0lle for reminding me to release them!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58136939/bink_usmc_fr_v1.2.7z

I will update the mirror on the first page as well.

Changelog:

v1.2

- Added new pimped config by W0lle

- Fixed wound texture issues

- Changed gear loadouts by W0lle

Hi, these are awsome units, thank u :bounce3: I also tried ur other usmc units as replacement for the vanilla units and those can even use backpacks. The replaced units here (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18727) cant use backpacks. Can that be fixed? The overall better visuals are one thing but for me improved funcionality is even more important. Being able to use backpacks with these untis would be awsome. Thanks again for this, stuff like this will keep ArmA2 interesting for longer time:)

If the units in said replacement pack made by CptDavo can't use backpacks then you have to ask him to fix that. Nothing can be done here. The units in this addon can use backpacks for sure.