Sign in to follow this  
Yett71

The Giant Alpha Media Thread

Looking good.

Though I hope there will be an animation for pulling door knobs open instead of the magical opening now and a fix for the flickering tree textures.

Looking good.

Though I hope there will be an animation for pulling door knobs open instead of the magical opening now and a fix for the flickering tree textures.

Hey! At least the door knobs are now animated. :)

wow man just wow, bravo BIS! Now arma can be turned in to tactical shooter. Love ALL of new animations, how island looks, how lighting is, the sounds, i mean there is literary everywhere improvement compared to good old arma 2!

I hope deadzone aiming is still an option...

Holy shit...red dot sights fixed...

I almost cried when i saw that they were fixed :smiley-biggrin:

well it was in arma 2, so i see no point of removing it.

I don't know how to put this in a suitable way but, I think my balls just dropped for the second time, along with my jaw.

looks like mouse input has been finally fixed. no more sickening lag or acceleration. first person should be a lot more enjoyable now

well it was in arma 2, so i see no point of removing it.

Of course weapon floating point is going to be in the game.

ArmA's CQB & Infantry controls got upgraded to Rainbow Six level, and I am talking about Raven Shield & previous titles. ;) But even Rainbow6 wasn't this fluid, or customisable.

Congrats!

Looks much more responsive. Loved how you can use a single key to throw a nade, that part reminded me of old rainbow six. Becoming much more tactical

Of course weapon floating point is going to be in the game.

ArmA's CQB & Infantry got upgraded to Rainbow Six level, and I am talking about Raven Shield & previous titles. ;) But even Rainbow6 wasn't this fluid, or customisable.

Congrats!

Yes!

Wow... Just, wow!

:shine:

:partytime: :icon_w00t: :cancan: :627: :dancered: :dancehead:

All in all so far what i'm seeing is excellent. Especially the stances retaining their positions while transitioning through the main 3, minus the prone stance resetting them as mentioned in the video. Look forward to messing with the alpha when i get home from work tomorrow.

Wait for it, Vespa did some amazing work on those :icon_twisted:

From what I've seen, I have to agree.

Edited by NodUnit

Unrealistic feature is unrealistic. That'd be the reason for removing it. It's not realistic. Why? Because, you should never aim your weapon where the center of mass of your body isn't pointed. When you aim IRL, you should turn your torso+arms+head as one unit in the direction you want to point your weapon. You are more accurate this way.

Unrealistic feature is unrealistic. That'd be the reason for removing it. It's not realistic. Why? Because, you should never aim your weapon where the center of mass of your body isn't pointed. When you aim IRL, you should turn your torso+arms+head as one unit in the direction you want to point your weapon. You are more accurate this way.

It's neither realistic to have restrictions. Having it in the game is better imo.

I'd feel slightly sad on the inside if they'd remove it. But the rest makes up for it a thousand times over anyhow.

It's neither realistic to have restrictions. Having it in the game is better imo.

I'd feel slightly sad on the inside if they'd remove it. But the rest makes up for it a thousand times over anyhow.

Agreed. When engaging (semi-)peripheral targets, you turn your sights/weapon first, followed by the torso. A 5-10% setting for weapon float deadzone is a must <- I couldn't play ArmA II without it.

I'm certain it's in the game, though.

As usual, most likely the slider is set to near 0. Mmm, can't wait to get into some infantry action...I was expecting a few 'woo that looks' nice but damn.

What is showed in dslyecxi's video is truly amazing. Congratulations and thanks developers, you are fucking awesome!

The free aim/dead zone is still in there. It will be optional. That is detailed here: http://dslyecxi.com/arma3-alpha-controls/

"There are a few things that everyone should have standardized. For one, if you’re coming from an Arma or DayZ background, you are probably familiar with the concept of freeaim. This is where your weapon moves independent of the screen until it reaches an invisible boundary, at which point your view turns with it. The short version is that freeaim in Arma3 is one of the worst control decisions you can possibly make. It’s off by default – leave it there. Freeaim is a feature for those who are nostalgic about a time when the ArmA controls were just plain bad – leave it there, it’s the past. Let’s move on."

Just amazing..patiently waiting. I forsee some epic pvp battles ahead, think this will bring pvp to a whole new lvl.