Sign in to follow this  
Neus

Cockpit animations? Is it possible?

Hey guys. I'm interested in getting into the modification scene in preparation for A3, and for my first mod I've got an idea I want to work on. The idea is a simple cockpit enhancement mod, that involves player animations (initial idea is for the character to push buttons ect) but for now I just want to be able to do a simple wave left or right animation to wingmen.

Is this possible though, for animations in aircraft / the static animation of the character in the sitting animation to be altered? The way I've thought about doing this is having three animations used, 1 - the static sitting down anim, 2 - left wave, 3 - right wave.

The normal static anim would be played, however whenever the player presses the right/left wave bind, the static anim is switched with the correct wave anim, and then when that finishes the normal static and is played again.

This of course is all in my head, and I have no educated way of approaching this as it will be my first mod...

Any suggestions, comments or directions?

Thank you for reading!

I would assume this would be possible, due to the fact that a player's head can move according to which key he presses to look around. Good luck, and I hope to hear positive feedback from any tests you are able to conceive.