Sign in to follow this  
SandboxPlaya

Vehicle damage model

This is the old vision of war in which the main goal was occupation not destruction and elimination ... nowadays,modern armies try to reduce infantry to replace it with more technology...

No, the goals of war havent changed. They've been trying to "replace" boots on the ground since forever. Mostly because people somehow seem to believe that you should be able to fight a war without suffering any casualties. Something that goes right out the window when you're talking about war on the scale of Arma 3...

I just have a small question ?

When did ArmA become a infantry oriented game ????

It have always been.

There has been no official info on this subject yet. Everyone here is just speculating.

Good. Something to watch for in the alpha. I've gotten used to the advanced vehicle damage models in Iron Front L44, which I really like.

Edited by OMAC

It simulate a MILITARY OPERATION that included tanks and plane and helicopter and shits, note that it is not labeled flight simulator nor tanks simulator nor APC simulator, man in boots doing battle against each will always be the main focus.

On topic: Not that I don't think a better damage model would be nice though.

and shits,

I knew A3 includes changing clothes and bare bodies, but not human bodily functions and scatology. Is each turd to be modeled separately? ;)

Man, this is some serious discussion we have here ^^

So,all those fanboys watching those sexy vehicles screens are going to be disappointed ? because those tanks are a just a monolithic object that can be killed by a RPG in the wheel ?

Another question (a bit shocking) : What BIS has been doing for all this time if they didn't manage to implement a more acceptable damage system for vehicles or TKoh flight model for helis ?

Man, my expectations are getting smashed right now ... infantry oriented game ... OMG !

I knew A3 includes changing clothes and bare bodies, but not human bodily functions and scatology. Is each turd to be modeled separately? ;)

No, these will be part of

awesome.gif

But anything would be better than a whole texture change.

Another question (a bit shocking) : What BIS has been doing for all this time if they didn't manage to implement a more acceptable damage system for vehicles or TKoh flight model for helis ?

They work on fixes for DayZ... Or no, they studying the tries and vegetables be more realistic on Arma 3 engine... FPDR

And Sea life too.

Well, you can always create a special type of crouching animation and do a spawn object script that named "crap" which will spawn some "special custom made model of human fecal matter" on the ground, no big deal:p

Maybe we can get Arma III to be as realistic as life on a base as possible... Someone should script up a mod

as part of punishment for slacking on patrols.