Sign in to follow this  
zukas3

What's the first thing you're going to do on Alpha?

I figure I am going to head strait into the editor. For one reason, I have never beaten the SP game or any of the DLC SP I've purchased. And I bought them all. So the editor will be my first stop.

First. Check out the character models. I want to see the great job they've did on them, AND if they've done a better job with the EYES and faces of the black Americans soldiers this time around.

2. Then I will check out the clothing, gear, and everything wearable. I'm hoping to find a WEARABLE oxygen mask and helmet that goes along with soldier who Halo jumps. But I might be disappointed there though.

3. Hope into a F35 with my new JET pilots helmet on, and fly for a while. I want to see just how fast the jets covers the island for gameplay. Test the weapons interaction and see if the cockpit has a bit more interaction there too.

4. Test the functionality of me walking in the back of a open ramp Osprey. And if I can, than I will be testing to see if I can walk off that ramp and into a manually free fall animation for a manual activation of a halo jump.

5. I will get mad at the fact that I will go down to ships and can not choose to place a GOT DARN AIRCRAFT CARRIER on the MAP in editor.

Edited by COMMANDOBLACK

New information for the ARG suggests that there will be intel at Mike 26 that needs to be recovered... So I will go there first, then to the monument at the southern tip of the island.

I believe... that every man on these forums...

Should look at the inventory system first.

I believe... that every man on these forums...

Should look at the inventory system first.

Hmm... This may end up being what I do first, since my arma instincts always tell me to inspect and assess my gear upon loading up a mission. :)

It's probably not going to be the first thing but I can't wait to see what the destruction and explosions look like. I wonder what's going to happen if I eject from a hovering heli and jump into the sea from bit of an height

Actually - I'm going to find out how well the soldiers body armor works and see if or how many soldiers can be penetrated at once with high caliber projectile

Edited by Bee8190

I think i'm going to spawn a guy in the editor and kill him. After, I'll take a peek of the island on a plane, jump in the air, and see if I die when I touch the water.

Slaughter some people with all the weapons and vehicles. Damn I love ragdolls.

Czech out the PhysX & Ragdoll implementation on every tangible asset.

I see what you did there.

See if Celery's zombie scripts work on Stratis. Also see if there are any new features for the ALICE modules.

If "Stuff" applies here then thats what I will be doing first..."Stuff" >:). But if a list fits all then well here is a list

1.Go to settings and play around with the graphics.

2.Go to editor and swim underwater with great joy;)

3.Mess around with the AI to see how "smart" they are

4.Pass out on the keyboard.

There we go. Not alot of detail but it seems thats all I really want to do right at that moment.

First - Test out every single graphical setting combination to see which one gives me the best performance combined with best quality.

Second - Take a peak at the controls. See if they're either more complicated or less

Third - Open editor. Of course.

Fourth - Spawn a group, me being the leader, with every single ammo box from the game. Plus every single empty vehicle I can.

Fifth - Test every single one of those things plus the new inventory repeatedly and endlessly. After I'm done with it, I shall explore the entire island as I get some ideas for missions that I shall make.

Last - Try out a multiplayer game and/or single player campaign.

I want to see tank battles!

And if you can finally hide tanks at distance

What do you mean by this?

Maybe he's talking about how the low LOD of vegetation at a distance makes hiding from players with optics very difficult. Or maybe he's talking about the AI detecting vehicles at a great distance.

Max out setting, or until the point my PC crash, tweek it until I will get solid 60 FPS, (jizz in my pants), show cases, then make a mission I already planned...

Fly all the aircraft for a peaceful ride(AKA see all the new explosion and damage effects when I flip the chopper, or try to jump a ramp in a tank)

Make me a big bowl of fried potatoes and get some liters of juice

Probably laugh at the optimization, followed by having some fun in the editor with my community.

Go into editor, place every single unit from each faction in to look at the new units, test physics every feature I can, and run before my computer explodes.

Figure out why the alpha page has $32,99 price tag. Seriously it really looks like a , instead of a .

the thousand divider isn't placed there anyway, and no one's going to think they're buying a game for 3k+

i think you'll figure out the answer when you find out why some people use comma instead of period.

i found this argument to be satisfactory:

Not to start another F° vs. C° debate, but I find our (the American) system more logical. The comma is used to separate groups of things (ones, tens, hundreds) while the period is used to demarcate the end of whole numbers and the start of fractional numbers.

IOW, just like in writing words the comma doesn't actually change the meaning (1000000 is still undeniably one million) but the period/decimal point does.