Sign in to follow this  
zukas3

What's the first thing you're going to do on Alpha?

Fly around Stratis in a Littlebird.

Test all the guns and vehicles and watch their sexy animations.

Run around in day and night time to drool over the graphics but probably at 10 fps.

Test ragdoll and destruction of buildings with place able satchel charges.

Go diving.

:D

See if they included a dedicated server exe. Check scripting commands for mission compatibility in sqf. Then check out the JVM implementation for mission building if its implemented in the alpha. Then do some quick porting of my insurgency missions and get to play around with before doing a complete rewrite missions in JVM.

If i won't explode from the excitement, i'll try all the things, starting from vehicles!

I will do all the things!

Actually I will first crank all the graphics to the highest bar AA then backtrack from there as I do not believe that the driver maturity will be sufficient at the time to properly utilise SLI. From there on in it is spawn all the things then... I join Toxim and explode from excitement?

Skewer a dolphin with a harpoon gun.

Failing that, I'll attach satchel charges to a jet (if possible) and terrorize mountain goats.

Edited by Postal Vending Machine

Go to Settings and try to figure out which ones are dependant on CPU, and which ones on GPU.

Create a ticket asking BIS to finally add the dithering filter to shadows so they won't look like something from Doom3.

Check if the '3ms rule' still aplies to scripting, cry out to heavens in anger if it does..

There are too many new features that I really don't know where to start... but it'll probably be like this:

1. setting graphics to high/ultra

2. placing myself in the editor with an empty vehicle so I can start exploring stratis

3. place 2 groups of BLUFOR and OPFOR near a town and set for both groups seek and destroy in the middle of the town --> observe how AI fights in a CQB area

4. probably trying out the new light effects

5. going underwater

6. ...

Put a round in a guys chest to test physics lol

Then make place a few vehicles on the map, throw up a local and explore the island with the lads..

Try to shoot myself in the foot. With all the new leaning and twisting and bending keys.

Then maybe put sniper scopes on pistols and ironsights on sniper rifles.

haha would have never imagined that, will definitely give it a try :)

I'm going to try the next generation Crab Walk.

QFT

Would be interesting to see if this is still in there!

Depends on content...drive tanks over rocks, try to drive a car up a wall, test how effective the new prone stance is indoors, examine AI behavior, closely examine HDR upgrades and test indoor setting as well as the how effective lights are now versus how they were in A2, explore the ocean floor, test physX in vehicles to see what all it simulates, test to see if the engine is now how a module, try to break the game in some fashion..

Oh yes, all at once :P

Edited by NodUnit

Nobody said it, but I'll go to editor and test AI:

combat move, pathfinding, convoy etc...

Test the Gepard antimateriel gun on the engine block of a moving UAZ and check it will stop or what.

Test the AI in urban area. Test the AI driver on road.

Test the Gepard antimateriel gun on the engine block of a moving UAZ and check it will stop or what.

Test the AI in urban area. Test the AI driver on road.

Explain to me what UAZ you will test it on.

I will live on the island as an civilian. Have a civilian car and house and go out for some trips now an then. One day at the beach, another to go hiking i the mountains, maybe a bike trip.

All this with only the civilian and animals module running.

1. I'll get into the game, adjust the settings, then make sure they didn't remove a lot of the awesome stuff I tried at GC.

2. Enter the editor, place a player unit, and an enemy unit called unit1, then write an init script:

sleep 5;
unit1 setVelocity [0, 0, 100];
sleep 1;
unit1 setVelocity [0, 0, -1000];
sleep 0.05;
unit1 setDamage 1;

3. Realize that the stance keys have actually been changed from Z, X, C for prone, crouch and stand, to just Z and X to go up and down, without the ability to change it back, then go complain on the forums.

First thing I will do before start up is placing a fire extinguisher next to my pc in case I see smoke coming out of it. If not, then I will go to the editor, place a man on the map and start exploring the island and be amazed with hopefully decent settings.. And go for a swim and look at corals and fishes!