Sign in to follow this  
zukas3

What's the first thing you're going to do on Alpha?

Greetings everyone! I'm excited and I'd like to know what will be the first thing you're going to do in Alpha!

I'm probably going for one of SP showcases and then straight to map editor, create some awesome missions, explore island, and then try to force bugs come out of the land! If ye know what I mean!

place a group of cows and people around a satchel charge :icon_twisted:

Try to shoot myself in the foot. With all the new leaning and twisting and bending keys.

Then maybe put sniper scopes on pistols and ironsights on sniper rifles.

I think I will try a tutorial first to get to know all the new mechanics and controls, then straight into the infantry mission to see how the AI has changed. Then I'll test out some stuff in the editor, and then mp :D

Drive the new vehicles, and enjoy the graphic. Let's see if it's still possible to do backflips/sideflips :)

I'm going to try the next generation Crab Walk.

Double tap Left CTRL, look down, hold Left Alt, look up, press X to crouch, hold Left Shift to walk.

Set up video settings, trying to find nice and balanced set up. Next re-binding the most important keys to somewhere I can reach them (sight chance to numpad? No way!)

Then try out scenarios. Hoping there's Camp Maxwell or sorts, otherwise to the editor and placing every single weapon (and crate), vehicle and gadget to try out. And then try out and evaluate the new tech (PhysX, weapon attachments, gear and ragdoll, by putting up machine gun and some unarmed Iranians next to it :p )

Check system performance via maxing out settings, messing around with different levels of settings and also destroying the editor! I'll be sure to report performance side issues and anything else I find :D

I'm going to jump into a jet and bomb some farm animals.

*update*

Actually, before that, I'll probably put it on the lowest settings, realise that I'm only getting 5FPS, and then bomb farm animals in my favourite Harrier II in ARMAII.

Edited by Saliiim
I looked at the GPU requirements.

I'm gonna test every single weapon and vehicle and then gonna explore the underwater world!:war:

I'm going to try the next generation Crab Walk.

Double tap Left CTRL, look down, hold Left Alt, look up, press X to crouch, hold Left Shift to walk.

I really hope that they haven't 'fixed' this.

Drive the new vehicles, and enjoy the graphic. Let's see if it's still possible to do backflips/sideflips :)

I wouldn't get my hopes up to high on these types of physics -VBS2 has had PhysX for a while and nothing like this is possible.

go underwater and see if the sharks can kill you

Pretty sure they stated the native Vanilla shark will be non aggressive - tho who knows about the ever elusive Mod shark...

For me it's 500 AI to be ragdolled into Kingdom Come via

nul [] = this exec "Ragbomb.sqf"
then stroll leisurely about town on an old bicycle to count the ways they died -is that wrong? Edited by froggyluv

Definitely going to check out performance, seeing how high I can push my settings. Then, I'll take a pieceful drive around the island.

Install it :)

Ok seriously, I will hit the tutorial / showcases to get the hang of any changes to the control's, then hit the editor.