Sign in to follow this  
SteelBlade

What is the fastest way of purchasing the game?

It was clear to me that the Supporter Edition of ArmA 3 would be a great deal until I thought about the speed at wich Bohemia can process my purchase in comparison to Steam.

What is the fastest way of getting into the Alpha? Steam Shop, Bohemias Store or is it equal?

Regards

Steel

there all same to purchase - instant :)

i was also wondering about Downlaod speed Bi studio for me is average 2160kb/ps on a good day in week off peak

what can Steam average be ? ( of course on day one both will be hammered but not sure if BI store can handle mass dl like this better than steam ?)

there all same to purchase - instant :)

i was also wondering about Downlaod speed Bi studio for me is average 2160kb/ps on a good day in week off peak

Well that's good news! Thanks!

thanks for that , good answer .

i have 120/10 mb fibre optic so i guess steam digi deluxe is best for me .

You'd be taking up 0.000192% of Steam's peak capacity at your rate. :p

well i am currently re downlaod 14.4 gig TOH from Bistore /sprocket my net speed is 56mbps dl tested Peak before dl and i am getting from Sprocket 2308kbps so 1Hr :46 mins for 14 gig .

# i wonder how large A3 alpha will be

well i am currently re downlaod 14.4 gig TOH from Bistore /sprocket my net speed is 56mbps dl tested Peak before dl and i am getting from Sprocket 2308kbps so 1Hr :46 mins for 14 gig .

# i wonder how large A3 alpha will be

Roughly 7GB.

Seeing as both the website and forums went down at one point or another during the alpha announcement, I am kind of scared about how they will handle when people aren't just looking but are actually buying. Is this rational or am I just being silly/paranoid?

Well you'll have to DL from steam either way right, you get your key from BI if you buy it there but you need to enter it in Steam and dl from there.

Well you'll have to DL from steam either way right, you get your key from BI if you buy it there but you need to enter it in Steam and dl from there.

good thinking batman , i think now is a good time to revoke my application for the position of proof reader :0

problem solved , Steam it is

Seeing as both the website and forums went down at one point or another during the alpha announcement, I am kind of scared about how they will handle when people aren't just looking but are actually buying. Is this rational or am I just being silly/paranoid?

I'm sensing something different this time. Im seeing each and every BI employee delving deep into their private inner sanctums where bhudda meets zen meets Bill Gates meets shaolin monk -an unbridled gathering of primal resource energy coiled so tight until it literally explodeds into a christmas elves level of immaculate production never before seen in this world!

...or, what you said :o

It'd also be a good idea to let us download some files before actual launch (I am pretty sure I mentioned it somewhere else) similar to TOH pre order beta.

Oh, I didn't know this. I assumed if you bought off BIS you would download it off sprocket and then activate it on steam. But I actually have never bought the steam version so I don't know. Is this how it works when you buy the "steam version of arma 2" on sprocket right now? Guess there's no need to worry about having difficulties downloading from sprocket then.

With Arma 3 I imagine that it would be "buy from BI store, get a Steam key, enter that Steam key into your Steam client, download from there using Steam servers."

To me it's all about gettin' in the 500...

Would be interesting to see if a Pre-Load is available as it would lighten the stress on the 05/03/2013.

This is a question I'm wondering about, because I really want to be in that top 500. I'm really curious as to how fast those will go.

Buying from Steam sounds like the fastest way because it's only a single step, but then, wouldn't it be easier to refresh the BIS Store page rather than waiting for a Steam Store page to pop up for Arma 3? How would you even be able to detect that? I don't think relying on a twitter announcement would be as fast as refreshing the BIS Store itself.

I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

Edit: And what's more, I have a $5 off any BIS Store purchase coupon code that I'd like to use...

Edited by vegeta897

This is a question I'm wondering about, because I really want to be in that top 500. I'm really curious as to how fast those will go.

Buying from Steam sounds like the fastest way because it's only a single step, but then, wouldn't it be easier to refresh the BIS Store page rather than waiting for a Steam Store page to pop up for Arma 3? How would you even be able to detect that? I don't think relying on a twitter announcement would be as fast as refreshing the BIS Store itself.

I'm overthinking this, aren't I?

You can buy the Supporter Edition only on the BI store, so forget steam if you want to be in the top 500.

The fastest way to purchase would be to wait until 'those desperate to be in the first 500' have purchased and the load on the servers have calmed down from all the F5 mashing... But that's obviously not what you meant :)

Edit: Oh and steam can't handle 'anticipated game releases' too well either.

Just remember there will be a lot of people downloading this game at once so your speed may not be at peak.

You can buy the Supporter Edition only on the BI store, so forget steam if you want to be in the top 500.

Ah, thank you!

Just remember there will be a lot of people downloading this game at once so your speed may not be at peak.

we better hope there will be preload for A3 as its used to be on Steam.

Would be interesting to see if a Pre-Load is available as it would lighten the stress on the 05/03/2013.

Can't have Pre-load without purchasing, tho, can you? Orders go live on the same day - March 5th, as is the client data AFAIK. No window for Pre-load.