Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

Can play MP with Alpha Lite?

Are you trying to brainwash me?

When you are talking about cheaters in the A3-Alpha-Multiplayer, you are actually talking about players who bought the game, not about Alpha-light players.

Next you are saying, A3Alpha comes without protection.

Go and blame someone else here in that forum for the failures in the software, but not the Steam-players.

When you want to test the alpha, you need a multiplayer with a protection.

When you want to test your cheats, you need a multiplayer without protection.

It is as easy like that.

You cannot imagine the reaction of the normal steam user when they hear that A3 Alpha light is SP only.

Because that makes no sense at Steam.

If you think you can test a singler player mode at Steam, something is wrong with you.

If you want to abuse the ArmA-Community for to test a steam-powered singlerplayer-mode, you are also wrong.

The Lite isn't steam-powered, it's just available through Steam. It's £20 for ArmA III multiplayer & modding, or free for ArmA III single player (with the editor), and you want to change that so it's £20 for just ArmA III modding? That's unfair to the people who actually bought the game, therefore there'll never be a patch that adds multiplayer to Lite.

It is as easy like that.

You cannot imagine the reaction of the normal steam user when they hear that A3 Alpha light is SP only.

If you think you can test a singler player mode at Steam, something is wrong with you.

If you want to abuse the ArmA-Community for to test a steam-powered singlerplayer-mode, you are also wrong.

I think you need to understand that the Lite version has next to nothing to do with a full scale alpha testing and the future development of arma. Its a glimse of what you can get if you buy it, made primarily to make it easier for people to convince theyre friends to buy it. The fact that you dont have multiplayer signals it doesnt need the same kind of support and not needed for proper testing. Infact you can actually call it a demo.

If you wanna know if its a good game and your pc can run it, try the Lite.

If you want to support BI and activily participate in the alpha, buy it. Or wait for the full release and dont participate in anything.

Its very very simple and it just seems to me like you want it all handed to you, without actually paying for it. If anything BI should be one of the companies you would be happy to throw money after, if you look at theyre history and previous games.

One other very important fact is, prior to the DayZ wave, Arma was 90-95% private servers with password/whitelist and that is exactly why BI doesnt need to concern themselves with anti cheat yet, theres so many communities out there ready to do proper testing of this game. Public servers have always been the worst idea in Arma and its not hard to find a community with passworded or whitelisted servers.

Nobody is forcing you to buy a game in alpha stage, they are offering a glimse of it for free and you complain. I dont get it...

No, that's because the majority of Steam users are immature, ignorant, and entitled.

More like the majority of Steam users will have never heard of Arma except in passing (and probably as a result of DayZ) anyway. :p

Steam has nothing to do with the fact that a game is singleplayer or multiplayer only. Where do you get this idea? Steam is first and foremost a distribution platform for games, a digital store. Secondly, it provides tools for developers to implement into games via Steamworks (which is not yet the case in the Arma 3 alpha as far as I know). Because something is on Steam does not mean it's a multiplayer game. Steam has nothing to do with that. There are hundreds of singleplayer games sold on Steam. So something is wrong with you if you play a singleplayer game on Steam?

If you want to abuse the ArmA-Community for to test a steam-powered singlerplayer-mode, you are also wrong

Abusing the ArmA community? Abusing? Giving free early access to a limited part of an alpha is abusing people?? Dude, where do you come from? :P

Edited by zoog

If all the lite keys gave multiplayer acces we would give the skiddies a never ending supply of CD-keys to hack with....

Bad idea.

Well, the current system has no piracy or hacking protection at all. Might as well give the light players multiplayer, wont make a difference.

Oh, so that's why there are hardly any demos for games nowadays... In all honesty, that's what Lite is, a demo. And compared to what other demos offer you it's a pretty rich one at that.

Sorry but the fact that they gave the option for free versions in the first place is huge adding multiplayer will just make ArmA 3 free

No offence to the author of this post, but his argument makes no sense whatsoever. You're trying to say that because you DON'T want to pay for multiplayer access... you're trying to complain the company is at fault?

Let's look at your 'arguments':

- No matter if the Alpha runs on your system...you will need new hardware for the fullversion.

Incorrect - the content on the alpha is representative of the final game, in fact, it says on all the update logs that the game will not require any more hardware changes if you can run it now (Alpha).

- By talking about cracked CD-Keys and such: This is in fact a weak protection and could be considered as bugs.

This has no actual relevance to anything you have previously stated. The Alpha is going to have weak protection, who cares? It only contains a fraction of the content that's going to be in the real game, so it doesn't matter.

- The actual alpha is without BattlEye or Steam-protection. Fact is that the cheaters are actually working on the new ArmA3-cheats.

I'm sure they are. But, if you look on countless numbers of posts, you'll see Bohemia staff are working on cheat protection software to prevent this. As of now, it's an alpha, there's bound to be flaws in security.

These are all things that used to be fixed in the final version.

That's right - you just contradicted yourself. Are you forgetting Alpha comes before Beta, which comes before the full release?

If the Alpha is made for testing, it is surely made for online playing with Steam, otherwise it is only a (false) advertising for BIS.

I think you're missing the biggest point here. ALPHA IS MADE FOR PLAYING ONLINE, ALPHA LITE IS A DEMONSTRATION. It's not false advertising, you're just misreading the obvious.

BIS could get a better reputation on Steam with a cool Multiplayer-patch for the alpha light.

Again, not true. Sure, any company could release a game with free multiplayer.. but where's the money? This is an independent games studio, they need money to help fix bugs. If you're really worked up about no multiplayer, then unlucky.. because it won't change!

I really think you just need to consider the obvious, Mirudes: Alpha Lite is a demonstration, it is NOT THE PRODUCT. You pay for Alpha to SUPPORT THE COMPANY FINANCIALLY because they are independent publishers, in return, you get the progress so far and a multiplayer component. Alpha Lite is for people to show others some of the amazing technology brought to this game - it's not a product in entirety.

Please please please go and re-read the Steam pages for ARMA III Alpha and Lite - and get some common sense in your head.

On a lighter note, i'd like to welcome myself to the forum ^_^

Dear Mirudes - WTF?!

you are asking for a patch, upgrading your FREE invitation to the same level as the people that paid approximitly 25 $ and more to get all features aviable? not going to happen.

What you are supposed and intended to do with the Lite invitation is look into the game, look at mechanics, textures and other things that seperate the arma series from all mindless COD-like FPS brawlers and see if you actually like some realism and possibly outstanding mod-support.

And then decide rather or not to buy-in at alpha, beta or once the game is a AAA-Title release.

Well, the current system has no piracy or hacking protection at all. Might as well give the light players multiplayer, wont make a difference.

And make it even worse? Your logic just went out the window lol.

And there is low level security in place atm actually, Signature verification.

The problem is the server owners arent using it. Its the first basic layer of security, preventing people from joining with mods not signed by the server key, but at least 70% of all Arma III servers arent using it at all :(

It would not solve the issue, but it would prevent the skiddies from creating custom mods to cheat with, leaving only scripts left to hack with, just like we know from Arma II.

When you are talking about cheaters in the A3-Alpha-Multiplayer, you are actually talking about players who bought the game, not about Alpha-light players.

Next you are saying, A3Alpha comes without protection.

Go and blame someone else here in that forum for the failures in the software, but not the Steam-players.

It is as easy like that.

I'm not sure what answer you want except "No you're not getting multiplayer in ArmA 3 lite" so I'm not gonna try to give another answer.

What I do want to address is the fact that your acting like being a "Steam user" makes you a part of some sort of big company or something along these lines

I use steam like everyone else and I was not surprised when I saw that the ArmA 3 lite doesn't come with multiplayer, I mean why would they give you everything? So you wont by the game because you get it for free in a free version? Let me give you an example lets say you have an Iphone and you look at the app store or what ever its called and you see a game which costs money and a lite version of it which doesn't, What would you expect the tradeoff would be? I mean you cant honestly believe they will give you all the content they give you in the full version right?

I for one would be insulted if they would because I spent money on this game with extra to support the Dev team and they will just go and give someone the same stuff as I get but they get it for free? Now stop being cheap if you want the game spend money on it if you don't or cant afford it than stop complaining.

I guess, here might be some reasonable grounds. Would be interesting (and quickly widespread) variant, when all those who bought game, possess unlimited invites for friends and familiars in Steam. And all these invited players will be play also in multiplayer. But only on the server, which hosts their inviter. Until the full game.

Though here might be tehnical problems. New server browser and really something, what don't allow all those kids get on other servers and to make other bad stuff, which are too terrible to describe. IMO.

I am still curious how a alpha-version with the tiny island can ever be a free A3 full version, only by adding MP-functions.

Before you judge the A3-community@Steam you should take a look on what Dwarden(Developer) had just said over there:

Does the Lite version have multiplayer to it?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/2/828933455701036170/#p1

Alpha Lite Multiplayer?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/828933455800551005/

I am still curious how a alpha-version with the tiny island can ever be a free A3 full version, only by adding MP-functions.

Before you judge the A3-community@Steam you should take a look on what Dwarden(Developer) had just said over there:

Does the Lite version have multiplayer to it?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/2/828933455701036170/#p1

Alpha Lite Multiplayer?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/828933455800551005/

Just some of the wonderful comments from the discussion you linked,

"that suxs !!! no buy from me then if i can not TRIAL the MP . when will developers fricken learn" No buy from him,on a free lite test? Eh?

i"m not buying it, stupid developers, there is no anti-cheat , no "MP trial = no sale" simple." Says everything this one,

I mean C/MON to FXCK,get bloody over it,stop showing your age acting like a big women's blouse and ask mommy for some change and quit whining like a biatch.

Shakes head in disbelief.

Mick.

MP patch* for Alpha lite would defeat the purpose of both the lite version, and the full Alpha.

Don't count on it - you will not be getting a full game essentially for free.

*Maybe when the Beta starts & full Alpha is upgraded with additional content.

I wonder who else, participating here, has bought a license for ArmA3?

I and I would imagine most of the people who don't want MP for a free lite version have bought the Alpha.

Surely if you had paid,you would agree that to give others what you paid for free wouldn't be right?

Why are YOU not buying a licence then?

I cannot imagine it is cause you can't find the cash,money is tight for everyone at the moment,and believe me I know but I still wanted to support something I enjoy,why can't you?

Instead you beat this dead horse whining about wanting something for nothing when it is obvious that others have paid for the privilege .

I am all for the lite version getting MP added at a later date when maybe the beta is up in running,then the ones like myself will have paid for early MP experience.

I honestly now think you are just trolling as you must see the logic in this.

Mick

I have, day1!!I wil suport BIS has much has i can. BIS and CD Project Red are the only two companies that i will suport with my hard worked money.

Edited by upredictable

I can assure you most of us did. Games just don't jump on top of Steam sales without buyers.

The point of releasing "lite" was because BIS wanted to show improved engine, especially perfomance, to boost sales. Most old players considered ArmA3 too heavy for their hardware (me included), so now they have chance to try it out for free. Smart move, as demo version usually appear after full game. Basically we got what we needed to convince friends or strangers met in forums (when all your friends bought it before you) to buy ArmA3, after they try perfomane, engine tweaks, new animations, AI and other features very related to core playing, and say, "Hell yeah, I'm in". (or cry a little and start saving for rig upgrade)

We got what we expected, because we've read what's on label (of store page, if you like). Functional ArmA3 Alpha + 3 invites for ArmA3 Alpha Lite - same Alpha just without mods and MP. What you essentally expected four-pack (1 paid and 3 free copies) probably because your expectation was based on nothing but your own guesswork.

This is why I was like: "Cool, I gotta send it to my bros, too bad no MP, but it's free anyway"

While You are like "What??? No MP in free version? WTF??? Cheating bastards!!!"

buy it... it's cheaper anyways..

They give you a free demo and you request more..

Dude, you didn't even tried to read!

Neither did you......

Theres 5 pages explaning why this will not happen and yet you cant find time to do a proper comment on your own thread.

Might be better to stop this talk all together, as its already been "out-debated" elsewhere.

Most of us did.

You want a full, AA+ title for free? And you call Stratis - a tiny island? Compared to what? LOL

1) Alpha isn't a FREE DEMO, it's Early Access to the game for Pre-Order customers.

2) Have you Pre-Ordered by purchasing thru BIStore/Steam?

No? Then there's no case here.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin