Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

Can play MP with Alpha Lite?

Jesus christ, the condescending tone on this forum is appauling. He asked a fair question, in a forumalted way, give him the same respect in return? Some of the more vocal have been here for all of a few weeks, how are you in an position to sit there and play high and mighty? He/his friend misread what the Lite entailed, it happens. I once ended up on a train to the wrong end of the country due to a similar mistake.

I sent out my Alpha Lite invitation to one of my friends who happens to research & investigate whatever he purchases (aka not mindless consumer).

I had spent the last few days making an Evolution style sandbox battle in the editor, to play with my friends whom have the game already.

Much to my disappointment when my friend I gave Alpha Lite to finally downloaded, installed and found out Multiplayer isn't even available.

I feel the showcases are not enough to give a person proper perspective on what ArmA is capable of. I knew when I got my friend into my sandbox map he could sample (the currently limited) selection of vehicles & weapons against enhanced AI (using Urban Patrol Script). I knew that one he got there he would be sold, and I'm willing to bet many others would be as well.

I just came here to voice my disappointment, and request the alpha lite extend to some or all parts of the Alpha stage.

Thank you.

Anyway, as the other members eventually got around to saying, it's an Alpha, and some of the features are (in my opinion) rightly restricted to the paid version - from my perspective that means a more concise level of feedback from people who want to invest in all levels of this game (development wise as well as playing). Unfortunately free trials with MP tend to attract a whole host of players, many who couldn't care less that an Alpha requires feedback, and thus you're just diluting the eventual feedback.

I guess at this stage you'll have to suffice to inviting your friend around to play MP at yours, or depending how much you trust him, give him your steam login details and let him play that way (will require you to approve his pc via email I believe). Otherwise he'll have to bite the bullet himself, or wait for a proper demo.

Jesus christ, the condescending tone on this forum is appauling. He asked a fair question, in a forumalted way, give him the same respect in return? Some of the more vocal have been here for all of a few weeks, how are you in an position to sit there and play high and mighty? He/his friend misread what the Lite entailed, it happens. I once ended up on a train to the wrong end of the country due to a similar mistake.

Anyway, as the other members eventually got around to saying, it's an Alpha, and some of the features are (in my opinion) rightly restricted to the paid version - from my perspective that means a more concise level of feedback from people who want to invest in all levels of this game (development wise as well as playing). Unfortunately free trials with MP tend to attract a whole host of players, many who couldn't care less that an Alpha requires feedback, and thus you're just diluting the eventual feedback.

I guess at this stage you'll have to suffice to inviting your friend around to play MP at yours, or depending how much you trust him, give him your steam login details and let him play that way (will require you to approve his pc via email I believe). Otherwise he'll have to bite the bullet himself, or wait for a proper demo.

Why should he get some respect when it is obvious he is just trolling?

There are threads like this monstrosity already,and by his own admission his friend does loads of research before playing something,but was horrified to find out MP wasn't available,when it is plastered on the product and website?

If he done his "research" he would have nothing to complain about would he?

JesusChrist freaking out about something you get for nowt just goes to show what a cheapskate he is.

Gimme a break,

These threads are a bloody hoot a minute,but also painful to read as some of peoples expectations these days make me cringe.

Mick.

... because we don't see it as obvious trolling. Messiah had a great response to him.

Messiah provided this thread with the one decent reply. Thank you.

Still OP could have saved himself an unspecified amount of disappointment, if he had "researched & investigated whatever he purchased(aka not mindless consumer)." :)

Omg not another thread about this....

Wasnt 9 pages in the otehr thread enough lol.

Is it that difficult to understand Arma is one of the few games out there eft with integrety and it will NEVER be free2play or pay2win...

If you want that, then this game is not for you.

Buy it and support the development, its extremly simple tbh...

The Alpha Lite is not a game demo, at best it's a demo of the Alpha of the game. Our intentions for it are to offer a small glimpse of the game in development for free, as well as to expand the amount of hardware it is tested on even further.

It will not have multiplayer. The full game's demo is likely to have it as other games have had in the past :)

The Alpha Lite is not a game demo, at best it's a demo of the Alpha of the game. Our intentions for it are to offer a small glimpse of the game in development for free, as well as to expand the amount of hardware it is tested on even further.

It will not have multiplayer. The full game's demo is likely to have it as other games have had in the past :)

Posted here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150965-Disappointed-with-Alpha-Lite/page4

End of discussion.......

DnA, will the Arma 3 Alpha Lite still be playable after the beta period begins? I understand that the invites themselves could no longer be distributed (sent) or redeemed (opened the Steam Gift) by June 15 or 18 (I'm not sure which date, I believe that I've seen conflicting information) but I don't know whether that means that Alpha Lite users will only be able to play until mid-June or merely have to accept and use the invites before mid-June.

DnA, will the Arma 3 Alpha Lite still be playable after the beta period begins? I understand that the invites themselves could no longer be distributed (sent) or redeemed (opened the Steam Gift) by June 15 or 18 (I'm not sure which date, I believe that I've seen conflicting information) but I don't know whether that means that Alpha Lite users will only be able to play until mid-June or merely have to accept and use the invites before mid-June.

It shouldnt, if they stick to the plan posted on the Arma 3 website. It states NO beta or full release acces after 18th of june and the Alpha will obviously close at some point.

14 MARCH - 18 JUNE 2013

http://www.arma3.com/buy

Edited by Byrgesen

I believe it will be disabled from that date until the actual full game demo is released. What's certain is that it will not receive any more updates / fixes from that date.

There are threads like this monstrosity already,and by his own admission his friend does loads of research before playing something,but was horrified to find out MP wasn't available,when it is plastered on the product and website?

If he done his "research" he would have nothing to complain about would he?

JesusChrist freaking out about something you get for nowt just goes to show what a cheapskate he is.

Gimme a break,

These threads are a bloody hoot a minute,but also painful to read as some of peoples expectations these days make me cringe.

Mick.

If it bothers you that much, stay out of the thread. If you can't provide a useful answer or explanation, then why reply in the first place? (And I mean that in general across the entire forum and all users)

It might make painful reading, but not everyone is as clued up, as streetsmart or just plain switched on as the next person. Take it with a pinch of salt or just ignore it. And trolling, really? Not at all in my opinion, it was a well formulated question and statement, as opposed to the hundred or so 'herp derp, why noz lazers' threads.

badly lower fps in multiplay, i always play 18~21 fps since OFP

i think arma is never improved engine

You need an update!

The new multiplayer is: FREE2PLAY AND PAY2WIN.

What games are predestinated for this? Right!

Games on Steam.

Modable games.

Games like ArmA.

And here I believed players that want PAY2WIN games exist only in publisher's twisted imagination.

Edited by Max Power

Merged three threads together that all essentially contain the same question/complaint/rant.

The specific details of the Alpha Lite were made very clear from day one, that it would not contain MP, there are no plans to change the Alpha Lite's content at this time.