Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

Can play MP with Alpha Lite?

Exactly.

So much trolling here...

asking for more options = trolling

well i never.

op ill pm you how to get multiplayer

But as the game is far from being released, the alpha is far from being a demo.

I would argue most people are playing it as a demo right now rather than actually "alpha testing".

I mean all those wasteland servers are full of people hunting down multi-player bugs amirite?

And make it even worse? Your logic just went out the window lol.

Having it in would prevent people from <link removed> and being introduced to the underbelly of the internets, potentially further polluting the waters/interwebs.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

The main purpose is for the people who bought the game to give it to friends so they can see if it runs fine and if it could spark an interest.

It is not for testing at all, its just for 1 hour of gameplay to try some basic new elements in Arma and to see if you computer can run it and you might be interested.

You are obviously here because you like it, or else you would be so persistant in getting more for free...

Get over yourself, thinking a Lite version, or even a demo is for testing. If you want to test support the developer and buy the game.

Its very very simple and just because EA or what ever other "mainstream" developer does something, doesnt mean everybody has to do the same.

Lol, more nonsense and abuse. Quelle surprise!

So you think the purpose of the alpha-lite is so people "can see if it runs fine" (despite being early unoptimised code that doesn't run fine at all) but then contradict yourself by saying that it's "not for testing at all". I imagine you're the only person in the world who thinks a demo isn't for testing, why do you think people try demos before deciding to buy a game? Does alpha-lite time out after this "1 hour of gameplay" you reckon it's for :rolleyes:

Perhaps by "testing" you mean "providing feedback and debug reports" in which case I certainly agree that a demo should be an small part of the finished product and any bugs should have been fixed by then. Same with a cut-down version of the full product, such as Arma2-Free. Alpha-lite is not a cut-down version of a finished product though, it's a cut-down version of an Alpha and it's certainly valid to suggest that more users should be able to contribute feedback and bug reports at the Alpha stage.

Maybe I will buy the game in a year or two when it's been debugged and fixed and I can confirm it will work OK on my PC.

Having it in would prevent people from linkremoved and being introduced to the underbelly of the internets, potentially further polluting the waters/interwebs.

Well, its not up to BI to help people make the right judment lol. Grow up and take responsibility, its your choice and nothing BI does will change that tbh.

You people keep blabbing on about MP acces in the Lite need to understand you cant get good quality for free... Its nothing new, almost like the oldest rule in marketing lol and demanding it like its been done is so distastefull. The attitude and arrogance is mindblowing.

Lol, more nonsense and abuse. Quelle surprise!

So you think the purpose of the alpha-lite is so people "can see if it runs fine" (despite being early unoptimised code that doesn't run fine at all) but then contradict yourself by saying that it's "not for testing at all". I imagine you're the only person in the world who thinks a demo isn't for testing, why do you think people try demos before deciding to buy a game? Does alpha-lite time out after this "1 hour of gameplay" you reckon it's for :rolleyes:

Perhaps by "testing" you mean "providing feedback and debug reports" in which case I certainly agree that a demo should be an small part of the finished product and any bugs should have been fixed by then. Same with a cut-down version of the full product, such as Arma2-Free. Alpha-lite is not a cut-down version of a finished product though, it's a cut-down version of an Alpha and it's certainly valid to suggest that more users should be able to contribute feedback and bug reports at the Alpha stage.

Maybe I will buy the game in a year or two when it's been debugged and fixed and I can confirm it will work OK on my PC.

When i say testing i mean actual testing of an alpha, not just to see if your rig can run it... As we are doing right? Its what its all about.

Did you even remember the Lite will end, thus making it not like a demo. Im saying it can be compared to a demo, but it has nothing to do with the full scale testing. Its simply a way for BI to introduce people early on and easier and *bam bam bam* for free lol.

Again if you want to help test and actually participate, do your part and contribute with cash and time, to help improve it the most. Dont sit there and demand acces to testing for free, when the clear policy is "release at low price in early stage" and thats already cheap for the full game in the end.

Edited by Byrgesen

^^Byrgesen you might wanna remove that link from the quote.

^^Byrgesen you might wanna remove that link from the quote.

Rofl didnt actually think about thx ;)

I'm actually mind-blown by the ignorance of some of the people here. Not only you get the game at half the price if you pre-order now. You get access to the alpha and beta too. Also you get 3 alpha-lite invites for your friends to try.

But that's not enough. You actually want the fully working version for free.

There could be no price reduction for pre-ordering. There could be no public alpha test. There could be no public beta test. There could be no freaking free invites.

But there is! And with all these you still have the nerve to ask for more?

Get over yourself. It's the price of a pizza with a few beers. Don't be a freaking cheapass if you're so interested in the game.

Again if you want to help test and actually participate, do your part and contribute with cash and time, to help improve it the most. Dont sit there and demand acces to testing for free, when the clear policy is "release at low price in early stage" and thats already cheap for the full game in the end.

It's not "my part" to pay for the privilege of testing and debugging BIS's products and certainly I'm not inclined to give them so much of my time for a £20 discount, so that they can use my work to improve their product and sell more of it, making themselves a nice load of profit. Seems you think that's your role though, so enjoy.

I am still curious how a alpha-version with the tiny island can ever be a free A3 full version, only by adding MP-functions.

Before you judge the A3-community@Steam you should take a look on what Dwarden(Developer) had just said over there:

Does the Lite version have multiplayer to it?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/2/828933455701036170/#p1

Alpha Lite Multiplayer?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/828933455800551005/

Thats odd. I dont recall anyone asking for access to modding. just multiplayer. Heck a suggestion was made for

I guess, here might be some reasonable grounds. Would be interesting (and quickly widespread) variant, when all those who bought game, possess unlimited invites for friends and familiars in Steam. And all these invited players will be play also in multiplayer. But only on the server, which hosts their inviter. Until the full game.

*snip*

but god. Wanting to test a primarily MP game's (imo) mp, makes you a cheapass demon. Damn.

My mistake on the link. I recalled seeing quite a few threads on it so, I presumed was well known. Darn day old tabs screwing me over.

I'm actually mind-blown by the ignorance of some of the people here. Not only you get the game at half the price if you pre-order now. You get access to the alpha and beta too. Also you get 3 alpha-lite invites for your friends to try.

There could be no price reduction for pre-ordering. There could be no public alpha test. There could be no public beta test. There could be no freaking free invites.

But there is! And with all these you still have the nerve to ask for more?

Get over yourself. It's the price of a pizza with a few beers. Don't be a freaking cheapass if you're so interested in the game.

Actually, I suggested it would be useful to BIS to have Alpha-lite players debugging their product for them as well as the Alpha players, not that anyone should get the "fully working version for free". Before you start calling people ignorant I suggest you learn to read a bit more carefully.

You get the game cheap because BIS get's your money early, which they can invest or earn interest on and because you're working for them to help debug their product. Getting access to the alpha and beta isn't some amazing gift, plenty of other games give free access to alphas and betas so that users can help debug them too.

If there was no price reduction for pre-ordering, no-one would bother and BIS wouldn't have all that money to use as they see fit. If there was no public alpha or beta, A3 would probably be an embarassing buggy mess when it was released.

So get over yourself!

I am still curious how a alpha-version with the tiny island can ever be a free A3 full version, only by adding MP-functions.

Before you judge the A3-community@Steam you should take a look on what Dwarden(Developer) had just said over there:

Does the Lite version have multiplayer to it?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/2/828933455701036170/#p1

Alpha Lite Multiplayer?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/828933455800551005/

Thats odd. I dont recall anyone asking for access to modding. just multiplayer. Heck a suggestion was made for

I guess, here might be some reasonable grounds. Would be interesting (and quickly widespread) variant, when all those who bought game, possess unlimited invites for friends and familiars in Steam. And all these invited players will be play also in multiplayer. But only on the server, which hosts their inviter. Until the full game.

*snip*

but god. Wanting to test a primarily MP game's (imo) mp, makes you a cheapass demon. Damn.

My mistake on the link. I recalled seeing quite a few threads on it so, I presumed was well known. Darn day old tabs screwing me over.

Thats odd. I spend over a week and a 1/2 trying to buy the supporters edition to be told. Something to the effect of " leave the thread to the people with real problems". I already own the game. 32$ version from steam and I will still be purchasing the supporters edition whenever I see people stop having problems buying from bistore/ they decide to answer the support emails they claim to have answered weeks ago.

Demand access to testing for free? I could have sworn they were already doing that. Demand? Christ did they change the spelling of Demand to [Request]? If anything I see a person asking to test more content for them for free. Do they need it? Dont know. I personally dont see the harm in it. Heck I would love to be able to test and see if the " put things down but cant pick them back up" bug that I and 1 friend discovered yesterday affects more than one person but 99% of the servers I see oddly enough appear to have more playing than testing done on them.

As for the free

I have a 1 bedroom apartment with free (electricity, water, and heat/ac) they are also working on getting a cheap wifi for the apartment complex for simple web browsing. Right next to 2 golf courses. 5 blocks from the Hospital, about 10 blocks from the strip mall. about 800 bucks less than the "better apartments. The supermarket? they are consistently giving away kiddie size sampler meals from their deli for free. I have multiple copies of win 7, and about 2-3 of win 8, ms office, etc for free from my uni. oh and Linux has something to say to you. Just cuz u live in crapville where only things that are bought are of quality, doesnt mean we all live in such a dark and foreboding world.

Dear god im talking good about nyx and oklahoma in the same sentence. I must be going mad.

Edited by Masharra

"Testing for free" sounds a little bit better than "playing for free." I guess BI didn't expect a consumer backlash from giving something away for free, it's almost as if they are giving people, who bought their game an unfair advantage! :bounce3:

Let's put all this bubble talk aside. You don't want to help BIS test the game for free. You don't want to help BIS get more profit by transforming your imaginary friends that have alpha-lite into paying customers.

You, people, just want to play the game for free.

Let's put all this bubble talk aside. You don't want to help BIS test the game for free. You don't want to help BIS get more profit by transforming your imaginary friends that have alpha-lite into paying customers.

You, people, just want to play the game for free.

Oh do be quiet and stop insulting people by attributing sinister motives to them, in complete disregard of what they've said.

"Testing for free" sounds a little bit better than "playing for free." I guess BI didn't expect a consumer backlash from giving something away for free, it's almost as if they are giving people, who bought their game an unfair advantage! :bounce3:

I dont know if I would consider the, what, 2 people in this 8 page thread requesting in brackets a consumer backlash. Unless you consider me getting a free slice of apple pie and asking for extra napkins backlash versus the people who bought the whole pie and get to enjoy x10 more slices than me. Backlash? pfft

Backlash against the op you mean.

I see more people attacking the op than anything else, heck apparently calling people trolls and cheapass's isnt against the rules i just had to reagree to. or blatant flamebaiting.

I sent out my Alpha Lite invitation to one of my friends who happens to research & investigate whatever he purchases (aka not mindless consumer).

I had spent the last few days making an Evolution style sandbox battle in the editor, to play with my friends whom have the game already.

Much to my disappointment when my friend I gave Alpha Lite to finally downloaded, installed and found out Multiplayer isn't even available.

I feel the showcases are not enough to give a person proper perspective on what ArmA is capable of. I knew when I got my friend into my sandbox map he could sample (the currently limited) selection of vehicles & weapons against enhanced AI (using Urban Patrol Script). I knew that one he got there he would be sold, and I'm willing to bet many others would be as well.

I just came here to voice my disappointment, and request the alpha lite extend to some or all parts of the Alpha stage.

Thank you.

This has been discussed already. MP is a perk for giving BiS some money for development costs.

This should be no surprise as the info about what the Lite version doesn't contain has been out for some time now....:confused:

Seriously, why you no read the labels? It has been clearly stated that they are no MP in alpha lite. and no modding. and limited mission editor (you cannot save)

So you're upset you didn't read what a free thing was and it wasn't what you assumed. Seems odd your friend didn't mention this to you ahead of time since he researches games he's interested in so thoroughly. I wish my life was going so well that I could be disappointed by free stuff.

I find it funny how people try and argue things that they get for fucking free.

Imagine what the servers would look like if the free lite had multiplayer :rolleyes:

Consider the Lite as a benchmark and general demo for the game and its mechanics in the current alpha stage. Keep telling your friend about the scenarios you could play together and show him what he will get for 24.99€ :)

Dude, it's for free. Really, isn't it enough that you almost get a 50% discount if you chose to buy the game at Alpha stage, instead of in several months with the full release?

Imagine what the servers would look like if the free lite had multiplayer :rolleyes:

Consider the Lite as a benchmark and general demo for the game and its mechanics in the current alpha stage. Keep telling your friend about the scenarios you could play together and show him what he will get for 24.99€ :)

I did, and he is now taking my word for it. However he is the type that "must play it to make a true judgement".

FYI, Most demos of older games had multiplayer support.

I've played this series since I bought the pyshical box from a store to play OFP. I've bought nearly every installment since for the multiplayer. Let's face it, no one buys ArmA for the single player experience, it is for multiplayer. Since the game is infinitely funner and more interesting while playing multiplayer (and you keep the hacks out), I do not know why multiplayer isn't part of the Lite demo. Perhaps it can just be a timed thing, like 1 week to play.

The issue isn't whether or not I read about it, or knew what Arma lite was going in.

The point is I think it shouldn't be this way for said above reasons.

It won't affect me anymore, however in the interest of promoting Arma 3 more, I think multiplayer in Lite invitations would boost sales.

btw I work in the marketing industry

There are reasons they dont put MP in lite version. This is(are) my assumption(s);

This game is in ALPHA stage. The purpose is to test it and find problems. If the free lite version has MP, there could be an uncontrolled test reports(Ppl whining etc etc)

DISCLAIMER: This is my assumption only

Btw, you do realize the lite version will expire somewhere in June right?

I find it funny how people try and argue things that they get for fucking free.

Um, excuse me, I'm a paying customer like anyone else. I'm not coming in here demanding anything in caps lock, I'm engaging in a dialogue between myself, the community & the developers. Whether the developers even read this is probably minimal, but I can try. This kind of customer feedback would be appreciated by any businessman interested in improving sales, customer relations etc.

I think you need to examine what you wrote and maybe think about it for awhile.

I think those assumptions are spot on. People complaining about the MP experience really should not until there is dedicated server files out. The server built into the game only officially supports 20ppl and sticking 64ppl in a game no way represents what it is going to be. Right now IS about testing the mechanics and the Lite version is just fine for that.