Sign in to follow this  
PsychoPigeon

Who's going to make the first domination gamemode?

Please keep the Domination/Warfare/Evolution infestation away from ArmA 3. It's time this community embraced proper public PvP instead of coop.

Well, that's just your opinion. Yesterday I joint a PvP server and got killed 9 times in about 5 minutes......all due to friendly fire! Not one by the enemy. That's real fun ! :annoy:

I fully agree to what Gossamer Solid said above; There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Edited by CHB68

Please keep the Domination/Warfare/Evolution infestation away from ArmA 3. It's time this community embraced proper public PvP instead of coop.

Because you dont like it, no one should be able t play it on Arma 3? Way to go you elitist jerk.

You guys should try Warfare rubber ed, its a change from benny Ed and you need more team work to win. Also towns ahve to taken in order so there is more of a front line feel to it.

Because you dont like it, no one should be able t play it on Arma 3? Way to go you elitist jerk.

it'sw not about elitism. it's about marginal fun for people who can't organize themselves, cooperate and/or stay in suqad and follow orders.

while custom missions requre you to do so.

it'sw not about elitism. it's about marginal fun for people who can't organize themselves, cooperate and/or stay in suqad and follow orders.

while custom missions requre you to do so.

Did you ever think of people who like the simplicity of Domi/Warfare/Evo after a hard day of work wíthout missing out on Armas great features? I guess you didnt.

Im sure someone will come up with a new domination style game mode that follows the old style but improves where the old game wouldn't allow.

To say domi had no teamwork is unjust I think,if you were ever on a clan run domi server running ACE+ACRE you'd realize there is alot of team work while still being a good option for the casual gamer

Even if Domi is a brainless mission, what exactly inteferes with the ability to play the well thought out coop missions on different servers? How can people even say "dont mod this" on a game that is advertised as a modding plattform? This is ridiculous.

Missions like domi I always found to be a great recruitment tool myself as you could have those who wanted to go off on their own but then you had those who wanted to play with the bulk force and do things tactically.

Even if Domi is a brainless mission, what exactly inteferes with the ability to play the well thought out coop missions on different servers? How can people even say "dont mod this" on a game that is advertised as a modding plattform? This is ridiculous.

Domi is a brainless mission? The coding and tasks rival the best arma 2 missions so I wouldn't call that brainless.

There was a reason it was so popular.

Domi is a brainless mission? The coding and tasks rival the best arma 2 missions so I wouldn't call that brainless.

There was a reason it was so popular.

I was just using the words elitist jerks would understand. Ofc domi was/is one of the best missions in arma 2.

i've never played it, or insurgency - i got hooked on evolution early in arma1 and haven't played any other computer games since...

how mad is that?

anyone up for some fun in evo (in absence of domi) feel free to host it. people who think it's somehow bad for the community - please leave my Evo thread well alone lol.

I'm working with Tankbuster at the moment and looking forward to bringing this baby to bear in Evo.

arma2oa2011-11-1621-43-39-91.jpg

it makes for some more interesting games!

Domi is already on the Alpha, I saw at least 3 servers running it or trying to run it. Thought Xeno said that was a no no?

Domi is already on the Alpha, I saw at least 3 servers running it or trying to run it. Thought Xeno said that was a no no?
It was that he wouldn't give anyone permission to port his work... it came off as "I'm not getting Arma 3 because of Steam so I refuse to let someone else just port my work, they have to do all the work themselves if they want Domination". :rolleyes: Though I heard on another forum that there was literally nothing at a software level stopping anyone from simply porting it without his permission, just the risk of being identified as a thief.

Here's the most recent word from Xeno (the one he's dissing is CHKilroy), but no mention of Domination by him.

Edited by Chortles

As much as I love both Evolution and Domination, in the current state of the alpha it seems rather silly. There are no support vehicles, no armor, no AA, no advanced helicopters, very limited infantry weapons, etc. Getting an Evolution or Domination mission up right now would be good only to get the code and basic mission figured out for when we get more content. I just do not see actually playing it with this limited content though.

Domination stood the test of time, was the ultimate mission for public server operators.

was the ultimate mission for public server operators.

this

a lot of people seem to be unable to understand that Domi's greatest value lies in its replayability and scale. it's perfect for public games. It takes hours to complete, and no matter at which point a player joins, he will have something to do: if not in the current AO then surely in the next one.

you may not like it, because it's not "tactical enough" or whatever. but show me another coop mission that people can just jump in and play, as dynamic as Domination.

and that bullshit about "Domination destroying the Arma community"... I don't even know how sad a clown should be to blabber something like that. It's not Domination, it's lack of other decent scenarios.

and that bullshit about "Domination destroying the Arma community"... I don't even know how sad a clown should be to blabber something like that. It's not Domination, it's lack of other decent scenarios.
"I didn't speak up when they came for DayZ, then I didn't speak up when they came for Domination"... it seems easier to complain about DayZ and Domination than to admit that there's a "lack of other decent scenarios"... which ironically helps those two stand out even more. Gotta say, "Whole Lotta Stratis" looks interesting as a conceptual successor to Domination in the "hop in and do something" role, even if on a smaller scale than Domination.

Dayz and wasteland destroying arma community.

Domi built arma community from 1st arma.

this bestPuplicMission ["Ever",100%];

:facepalm: No mission or scenario or mod "destroys Arma/community"..jesus. To believe so is to be delusional.

They all have there own place and there is no reason why they cant exist along side each other.

Edited by -=seany=-

This makes me laugh...:lol:

As much as I love both Evolution and Domination, in the current state of the alpha it seems rather silly. There are no support vehicles, no armor, no AA, no advanced helicopters, very limited infantry weapons, etc. Getting an Evolution or Domination mission up right now would be good only to get the code and basic mission figured out for when we get more content. I just do not see actually playing it with this limited content though.

JOW - check our Evo port mate its pretty much working as per A2

we simulated the support vecs and MASH's etc

we're all playing it like mad right now and lots of folks have reported it as "best mission out so far" though i'm sure that's cos they haven't seen many other missions, and ours looks quite polished compared to some.

We need Evolution baby ! It´s the most fun i´ve had on any public ARMA 2 Server back then.

Could someone tell me who created the Evolution USMC v22 ? I need him to remake it for the ARMA 3 Alpha

I remember Evolution on Arma 2 free! It was amazing but I never saw it on any Combined Ops servers :(