188 members have voted

1. 1. When Are you buying the game?

• The minute Alpha is Available
    • The day Alpha is Available
    • Once it's in Beta
    • When it's Finished
    • Gonna play it first then decide
    • Other

I personally have the 5th off and plan on buying the game as soon as it comes out so when are you guys buying it? :)

When it's finished, lesson learned from OFP, ArmA and ArmA2

Games may be playable when they are released but usually not enjoyable until 6 months later.

When it's finished, lesson learned from OFP, ArmA and ArmA2

Games may be playable when they are released but usually not enjoyable until 6 months later.

But if the feedback from those 'not enjoying' the game early on help improve it for when it is deemed as 'ready' then I'm willing to contribute. There's not many games these days with the same scale as the Arma series... with the same abilities (mod and map making support) etc, instead its all pay 2 win / consolized rubbish, mostly anyway imo.

But if the feedback from those 'not enjoying' the game early on help improve it for when it is deemed as 'ready' then I'm willing to contribute. There's not many games these days with the same scale as the Arma series... with the same abilities (mod and map making support) etc, instead its all pay 2 win / consolized rubbish, mostly anyway imo.
I have to think of my health first...the 1.0 relase of ArmA made me get gastric ulcer back in may 2009...I can't risk to go through that again in my age. Im a professional craftsman and I'm used to not to get paid before the work is properly done...a simple rule the software industrie has forgotte about since high speed nternet became widely available. Edited by Beagle

Beagle brings up a great point. TBH, I'll probably (95.99%) purchase the Alpha on March 5th, because I have no impulse control :P , but I'm sure most people aren't out ready to purchase the Alpha to help BI fix the bugs they report.

Don't get me wrong...this community is great and I love the support that's always been afforded to me when I request it. But let's face it, most people just want to get their hands on it early and play...which I guess isn't a bad thing, but they're not out soley to help report every bug and truly perform test after test to track down bug problems. It's mundane, tedious work, that most kids don't care for today.

But here's to hoping I'm wrong.

I'd prefer "Gonna play it first then decide" variant, but likely I won't get alpha free. So I'll wait for full release. Don't want to waste full price on some incomplete software, as I did back in a days of ArmA1 and ArmA2 release.

As soon as possible. Doesn't matter how broken it is at launch, I'm sure I will have a blast with it as usual. If not by playing, than there will be modding instead, which is just as fun.

I'll buy it, only if I do not need, use or install steam

I am going to have to get a new mouse on the 5th because I am going to click the buy button so hard that the shock-wave will resonate throughout the whole neighborhood. The aftershock will be the roar of tanks getting stuck on buildings as I break the mission editor for the whole day.

When the Steam slavery system has been removed from the game or someone gives me the game as a gift. Otherwise Arma3 can rot in the steamshop forever.....

I'll buy it, only if I do not need, use or install steam

I will be buying it day 1 because it uses steam.

Not sure yet, depends, when I'll have free cash to spend on A3. But not earlier, than the box version become available with data on DVD. I can activate it on Steam if necessary (oh well...), but my net connection (poor and limited) not allows me to download all this GBs.

Edited by Rydygier

I am pretty sure I'd buy Arma3 sooner or later, since this is almost the only game which interests me nowadays. So I'll probably pay half price now and wait a year to really get into it.

For me the $50 category has always been and will always be a bit much to pay for a game. Waiting another year til it's discounted is too long on the other hand.

I am also following the development: a playable alpha is always better than those youtube vids.

I will probably be buying it on the 5th of March, when I get up for work at 5am.

Not at all worried about the Steam requirement, as I have a really good internet connection, and many of my games already use it. Anyway, I have no more space for physical boxes (probably have several hundred as it is)!

As with ArmA1,A2,OA as soon as it's available to support BI an help devs an of course to play. As stated don't expect a bug free game as in A1,A2, that just comes with buyin new game.

ASAP and then handing out invites ASAP!

Invites cannot be activated immediately (1 week after alpha release or something like that? Check the www.arma3.com/buy for exact details/date :) )

Minute one, and also purchasing the game for 2 friends to convert them!

As soon Alpha is available. :)

I've been waiting long for this moment. I am so going to lose my self in this game.

Ditto.

I have most games, bf3, cod, etc etc But arma is the only game that pulls me back for more. No ifs no buts i have £60(for the supporter version) ready and waiting for Tuesday.