Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What mod's/missions do you want to see in ArmA 3 Alpha?

With the announcement of both modding AND scenario editing in the ArmA 3 alpha (:yay:), what missions/mod's would you like to see done in ArmA 3 alpha? Feel free to post in the comments, and please respect each others opinions! :)

Mods: ASR AI, TPWCAS

Missions: A big scale scenario by Bardosy.

Warfare for the whole of Stratis -- even those 12 vehicles will do!

As long as neither of those 12 are OP artillery, I will be looking forward to that too!

I'm not so sure that with physx, a new flight model, and a new animation system, that any previous addons will be compatible. I would be happy if my suspicions are not correct.

Well if things are like arma 2, I would definitely like to see asr ai and tpwcas. But My hope is that these won't be necessary anymore...

I'd love to see ace as well. That goes without saying.

Want to see an stable version ACRE for Arma 3. Its one of the greatest mods I've ever seen. It adds something to the game. I hate the global chat in Arma 2...

It's just great when you crash with your helicopter in multiplayer and search teammates for help with your radio. Or losing contact with teammates and trying to get back alive. It adds something realistic and also survival to the game. That's why I hate the global chat, everybody can read it even when they are on the other side of the island.

I can't yell something outside in my backyard and the whole world will heard it..

Edited by DeAdSeYe

Depending on what they give us weapon wise. RH Packs would be nice =)

I will be making some nice mods/scripts once I get my hands on this! :)

I just made a sonic boom script for a2 :)

I'm not so sure that with physx, a new flight model, and a new animation system, that any previous addons will be compatible. I would be happy if my suspicions are not correct.

I'm with you on this one, it's probably going to take quite a bit of work to port from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3.

Probably more than what was required for OFP to ArmA 1 or ArmA 1 to ArmA 2, anyways.

RH packs, SEALs, stealthhawk, aircraft-carrièr, some cool gear you can wear (FAST helmets, DEVGRU plate carriers), HH-60G, Pararescue units.

Pogoman&Fireball's insurgency!!!!!

Edited by ltsThomas

There are a few new features listed in one of the ArmA 3 forums pertaining to a "new wounding" system, so I'd like to check it out and see how the Combat Medical System will fit in. Since it's mostly script based, hopefully it'll port over easy....fingers crossed :)

A popular public mission to test the extremities of MP numbers and performance.

Classic 1000+ AI battles of course :D Also serious infiltrating missions with SEAL's, and anything under water.

As for mods, I'd love to see anything but ported ones. New exciting material for a new generation!

Edited by Mr. Bravo

I'm not going to lie. I want to kill zombies in A3 asap.

Ditto.

Also while I really enjoy the series usually adherence to reality I really hope to see some neat sci-fi vehicles being developed by modders. Furthermore I would really like to see how far the new physics engine can be pushed in regards to destruction and simulation. Possibly a mod to add dynamic destruction of buildings and vehicles (blowing individual pieces off) which I am guessing would have been a prohibitively taxing job for Bis to have implemented from the get-go.

For missions, personally I will just spawn a thousand A.I. with some basic mission parameters and a shit-tonne of vehicles to see how hard I can push the game before it crashes if someone does not beat me to it first.

Possibly a mod to add dynamic destruction of buildings and vehicles

We have only heard about Physx being used for vehicle driving, so don't hold your breath. Also, it's unknown what it will take to create a physx compatible mesh. I doubt in the furthest most extremity of doubts that it's a matter of putting "physx=1" in the model.cfg. This is not to mention exactly what you mean by dynamic destruction. BI has not said anything about dynamic deformation or anything about destruction effects to my knowledge. Besides, if they are not explicitly modelled for destruction, then without the MLODs, any mod is shit out of luck. So, I think your hopes for a dynamic destruction vehicle mod that adds much to the original game is fairly well still-born.

Im going to spend a good time stress testing and really looking for what needs improving, only then can I speculate as to what mods and additions I want to see. Maybe a new island :)