Sign in to follow this  
cannonouscrash

Arma 3 Dedicated server

soo... no dedicatedserver during alpha? gues ill reinstall Arma2 on my dedi then :)

So, to drag this thread back up.

Devs, how do we run a dedicated server? Please give us some instructions.

Use -server key.

Configs like in arma 2.

But its stupid - you cant run server and play on it from the same account because of steam...

even with -server it wants to load direct x which isnt available on a dedi (no videocard)

so the answer is still 'no dedicated server during alpha' untill a dev confirms otherwise

Yeah it loads DX and PhysX.. my suggestion is to wait separate dedicated server release.

If you run a Windows 2008 server you will be able to run a server with the -server switch

The arma3.binary is built with dx10/11 linked

Jman;2313493']If you run a Windows 2008 server you will be able to run a server with the -server switch

The arma3.binary is built with dx10/11 linked

Please give a command example of a -server switch

Create Shortcut then add "-server" ... then you start a Arma 3 Alpha Dedicated Server. It works fine on my Windows Server 2012 Root Machine.

For the standalone dedicated server we have to wait, but for now this works fine...

take a serverfile from arma2ao... then add a rcon and login with: #login password

btw. you need a second alpha acc to play :-) Thats all.. for the alpha we dont need a standalone server...

If we need a second account then the server switch should be permitted on "lite" accounts of the alpha so we can use one of our lite invites to setup a server.

I have a dedicated running, using -server in offline mode. And I can play on it using the same key. So, no problems in that regard.

anyone got fire deamon to run this on a dedicated server.

Create Shortcut then add "-server" ... then you start a Arma 3 Alpha Dedicated Server. It works fine on my Windows Server 2012 Root Machine.

For the standalone dedicated server we have to wait, but for now this works fine...

take a serverfile from arma2ao... then add a rcon and login with: #login password

btw. you need a second alpha acc to play :-) Thats all.. for the alpha we dont need a standalone server...

What do mean by server file mate..?

all server hosters, we have Skype channel for collaborative work of server admins, add me on Skype and demand access, slap me on IRC, try hit me over email or so ... thanks

My server has been up and running since this afternoon, the way described it, it seemed to me that he had rcon running... Which wouldn't be possible just now..

Anyway to change the timeout before the mission force starts? At the moment the default is set for like 8000 Seconds.

all server hosters, we have Skype channel for collaborative work of server admins, add me on Skype and demand access, slap me on IRC, try hit me over email or so ... thanks

Does this mean we can now run dedicated servers?

What are the requirements to run a dedicated server with say 30 players?

I use to run my own game hosting company several years ago in the UK and was very successful until EA changed its server license model :( So I would like to think I know a thing or two. I aim to run at least one for our clan.

viper-corps.org

Getting a brand new server this weekend.. so lets hope the real server files get out soon

Does this mean we can now run dedicated servers?

What are the requirements to run a dedicated server with say 30 players?

I use to run my own game hosting company several years ago in the UK and was very successful until EA changed its server license model :( So I would like to think I know a thing or two. I aim to run at least one for our clan.

viper-corps.org

Of course you can run dedi's, you just need Steam on the box and a purchased copy of the game.

If you read all the other threads, you'll find there's no dedicated server exe available yet, you just have to force the game exe into server mode with the -server command.

Thinking you know a thing or two, and actually knowing a thing or two are completely different things :p

My dedicated Server runs very good , even with this -server workaround.. It´s been running more than 1 Day now without crashes. :)

I have a dedicated running, using -server in offline mode. And I can play on it using the same key. So, no problems in that regard.

I put my steam in offline mode. Launched a server, then tried to launch my game and I got this message. "Failed to start game (app is already running)"

How did you get this to work?

I put my steam in offline mode. Launched a server, then tried to launch my game and I got this message. "Failed to start game (app is already running)"

How did you get this to work?

You have to run it on a separate box or on a vps. You can't run a server and play the game on the same computer since steam will throw a hissy fit. Take a look at the first post in this thread for more clarification.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-server-on-a-dedicated-server