Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

I already have ofp, armed assault, arma2 and expansions. I see no point in buying any version other than α. I will support BIS by buying future DLS, even ones which I'm not interested to play :)

Oh well, at least we'll be having fun times playing. Personally I hate Steam but to not buy a game I'm excited to play just b/c it's on a platform I don't like seems childish. Man life really is hard.

I feel for you guys that don't have the money atm. I've been there. I'm tempted to purchase a few copies as gifts for a few peeps. I'll see what I can do. There's a few of you guys that definitely deserve a gifted copy for all the time, sweat and crap from the ungrateful whiners you've put up with over the years.

I'll be buying the Alpha, made up my mind last night, but im crossing my fingers to see if it will even run on

my computer though, as I'm running a single core cpu, but I play Arma2CO np, so it may be a great possibility It will be fine.

Money is tight for me though, I wasn't planning on buying til full release, so I'm dipping in my savings to yank out $33 to at least get the Alpha.

Ya $33 may not seem much to some folks it may sound maybe dumb but i live on my own, rent an apartment, have bills, and 4 debts,I'm lucky to save at all!

But considering my Birthday is this month ;) this will be my gift to me.

Well, the BI Store SNAFU has led me to purchase the Alpha Edition through Steam instead of the Supporter Edition.

First try on the BI Store took ~15 minutes, and by the time I got through to the final stage of purchase I got an error message. Some bullshit like "Sorry, the order limit for this account or IP has been reached." :rolleyes:

So I tried reloading my cart to give it another go... empty. :confused:

But then I realized: I had forgotten to add my coupon code anyway! /facepalm

"Never mind, third time's the charm" I thought. So back I go, add Supporter Edition to cart, go to cart, add coupon code.... "Sorry, this coupon code has expired".

Seriously? :mad:

So here's my error message to BIS:

"Sorry, but the limit of this customer's patience has been exceeded. Willingness to purchase Supporter Edition has expired*."

EDIT:

* For now. ;)

The game itself has cancelled out my frustrations with the store. Perhaps in a couple of weeks...

Edited by MadDogX

BIS Store is totally dead for me...can't buy. :(

I'm at work now so I'll wait to buy until I get home. Otherwise, if the store is still dead, I guess I have no choice but to buy on Steam.

Edited by MavericK96

Well, the BI Store SNAFU has led me to purchase the Alpha Edition through Steam instead of the Supporter Edition.

First try on the BI Store took ~15 minutes, and by the time I got through to the final stage of purchase I got an error message. Some bullshit like "Sorry, the order limit for this account or IP has been reached." :rolleyes:

So I tried reloading my cart to give it another go... empty. :confused:

But then I realized: I had forgotten to add my coupon code anyway! /facepalm

"Never mind, third time's the charm" I thought. So back I go, add Supporter Edition to cart, go to cart, add coupon code.... "Sorry, this coupon code has expired".

Seriously? :mad:

So here's my error message to BIS:

"Sorry, but the limit of this customer's patience has been exceeded. Willingness to purchase Supporter Edition has expired*."

EDIT:

* For now. ;)

The game itself has cancelled out my frustrations with the store. Perhaps in a couple of weeks...

I mirror this post, only that I've been through 2.5 hours of timeouts on each stage: from Adding to cart, View cart, to Checkout <-- where I couldn't afford to waste my time any longer, hence I'm currently downloading a basic Alpha edition on Steam.

Might purchase a Supporter edition yet, if the Store itself gets out of Alpha stage.

alpha only atm, but i want to buy a nice box additionally when released. I like to hold stuff in my hands.

br

I bought Supporter Edition as well and I don't regret it!

Even it took a few hours to get my key, it got all sorted out eventually so all good.

See you all on Alpha. :)

I guess I'm in the crowd of saying "Supporter's Edition too pricey" but will show my continued support by buying any and all DLC that may or may not come at a later date.

And I feel really bad about it.

I'm in the crowd of people who have been playing since the demo back in 2001. I own every game in the series; every official expansion pack...which is sort of why I don't feel too drawn to spending money to in effect get them again, especially since, dare I say it, with Arma III here I'm unlikely to play them much!

Truth is I just can't afford to spend £60 on a game right now. I just wish there was something I could do to show my true appreciation and support, which would, I'd like to think, be worth more than £60 anyway. Beyond mere monetary value! Which would be very handy for my limited bank balance.

I'm okay with Steam though I don't really use it much. I would very much preferred to have a hard copy though.

So, Digital Deluxe version it is then (can just about afford £35).

Thrilled/surprised myself to see that the "Recommended" specs pretty much match my setup exactly, so I'll be very interested to test that notion out. Next week. Got a deadline or two or three by Friday. Ooooh but come Saturday! :D

Im getting close to buying the steam edition because the bistore just disappoints me

I went for the Alpha version in the end, because for me personally it was the best balance between features provided and cost.

Supporter edition because BIS are so damn awesome!

Want to buy the Alpha, and have just enough money for the Alpha but my Computer wont run it,

my OS is XP 32bit, and my cpu is a single core, guess I will be waiting til summer to upgrade. :(

Oh well might as well keep doing what i been doing, playing Arma2CO.

Want to buy the Alpha, and have just enough money for the Alpha but my Computer wont run it,

my OS is XP 32bit, and my cpu is a single core, guess I will be waiting til summer to upgrade. :(

I'll give you an alpha key when they are available if you wish. Thus you'll be able to check.

Supporter edition. Bought.

Because... I don't know... because I've just decided so, dammit! :cool:

Warning: ProfTournesol's Alpha Lite key won't reflect multiplayer performance at all, though so far the paid alpha has been getting great reviews on "performance" and "optimization" compared to Arma 2 in single-player (multiplayer is way more a mixed bag, but some people seem to be attributing that to terriblely inadequate servers anyway).

I am unsure which version to buy, I have played some Operation Flashpoint (on Xbox) but amongst other things, I am unfamiliar with communicating in a squad (to accurately identify the position of enemies for example). So do I need the Digital Tactical Guide that's included in the Deluxe Edition? I don't care about Arma: Cold War Assault or the soundtrack but I need to learn to play the game properly. Will make a choice in about two months when a friend has built me a good games machine.

Nope.

This will help (a third version is on the works) and this is a good start: