Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

"All future DLC for Arma 3"

What does this entail? Stuff like Operatoin Arrowhead, British Forces or Private Contractors, or just the odd weapon here or there?

BIS have no DLC planned (that they're telling anyone about), so nobody knows what the packs will be like.

What does this entail? Stuff like Operatoin Arrowhead, British Forces or Private Contractors, or just the odd weapon here or there?

Clearly says no Standalone expansions, which OA is. BAF & PMC are both DLCs as they don't function on their own.

BIS have no DLC planned (that they're telling anyone about), so nobody knows what the packs will be like.

Never never know, if you never ever buy :)

If you don't look at the current prices. What would you pay for ArmA 3? What price would you find fair?

I'll better not tell ;) EUR 40 for me. 50 usually is too painful. BTW, how much was Carrier Command? I think I paid EUR 40 or 50. Now 25 for Arma 3. There's something wrong with this world ;) EDIT: Not that wrong... I paid 30.

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

BAF, PMC, ACR - but not OA.

Alpha, I don't have the spare cash for anything else, already pushing it as it is cause money is tight for me right now. I feel a bit offended it being called supporter edition though, buying any version at any time is supporting them, though really I do not care lol.

Just gonna buy and wait for the Dayz mod :D

I feel a bit offended it being called supporter edition though, buying any version at any time is supporting them

This. And well it has this "support the poor single developer" flair as in Kickstarter. But BI is not small and after DayZ not poor. "Bill Gates needs your money support!". But however, if the BI amount of money is equivalent to the quality of Arma, I want them to be richer than Google or Apple :)

This. And well it has this "support the poor single developer" flair as in Kickstarter. But BI is not small and after DayZ not poor. "Bill Gates needs your money support!". But however, if the BI amount of money is equivalent to the quality of Arma, I want them to be richer than Google or Apple :)

I find ArmA 3 to be worth 70€, and i certainly can afford it. So why not? :) I know that the money will go to a case i support at the highest level.

I'll get the supporter edition. The amount of hours I've spent in Arma 2 justifies forking out a few extra dollars for BI and Arma 3.

I already have Arma X and don't need a second copy. The digital soundtrack and the map are nice but I prefer physical extras (like the printed maps you can buy at the BI Store). Maybe some of these things will be included as physical extras in the box version.

So whats left of the Supporter Edition? The future DLCs? First they have to release the full game. Then it took over a year before they released the first Arma 2 DLC (BAF). That's why I don't expect to see any Arma 3 DLC until next year and for me the inclusion of future DLCs are not a selling point.

For me theres only one interesting point left: the end credits. I've backed several games on Kickstarter and in each game the developers offered a special package where your name was put into the end credits. I know, for most people this is really unimportant and I guess only a few will read through the end credits. But for some of us it is really important. And no, it's not about fame (as I said, probably no one will read these credits) or to brag about it. I think the main reason is that you can be a part of one of your favourite game series - even if it's only your name in a wall of text.

It's really clever because a lot of people would willingly spend additional money for this and it would cost the developers no money to include all these names. That's why I don't understand BI. What's the point for limiting this extra to the first 500 buyers? Let's say two people buy the supporter edition. Both spend the same amount of money and support the developers but in return BI only thanks one of them and put his name into the end credits because he clicked the Buy-button 5 seconds earlier. In my opinion thats really unfair. I know, the supporter edition is about supporting BI and paying a bit more without any real benefits (especially if you already own Arma X) but as I said it would cost them nothing to include all the supporter names (or at least the names of all the people who bought the supporter edition during the first day or maybe week) and not only the first 500. A small "Thank you" where both sides would be happy. I would have bought the supporter edition but I changed my mind because of this. So to get back to the topic: I will only buy the Alpha Version.

definitely the supporter edition.. i loved all the other arma games so i am 100% i will love this one..

I think it would have been nice if the Supporter edition came with a Printed map, like Arma 2 did for preorders. I probably wont get much use from a PDF map and it will be available online soon enough for any one I'm sure.

I'm definitely getting supporter, after close to 300 hours of playing time on Arma 2/OA, It just feels like the right thing to do! ;) All the perks sounds pretty interesting, I know DLC's aren't frequently released but hey, what the hell! :) Better safe then sorry!

I'm definitely getting supporter, after close to 300 hours of playing time on Arma 2/OA, It just feels like the right thing to do! ;) All the perks sounds pretty interesting, I know DLC's aren't frequently released but hey, what the hell! :) Better safe then sorry!
Exactly Right On Bro!

Pumped to grab that Supporter bundle in a few hours. BIS I'm grateful as usual.

I already have Arma X and don't need a second copy. The digital soundtrack and the map are nice but I prefer physical extras (like the printed maps you can buy at the BI Store). Maybe some of these things will be included as physical extras in the box version.

So whats left of the Supporter Edition? The future DLCs? First they have to release the full game. Then it took over a year before they released the first Arma 2 DLC (BAF). That's why I don't expect to see any Arma 3 DLC until next year and for me the inclusion of future DLCs are not a selling point.

For me theres only one interesting point left: the end credits. I've backed several games on Kickstarter and in each game the developers offered a special package where your name was put into the end credits. I know, for most people this is really unimportant and I guess only a few will read through the end credits. But for some of us it is really important. And no, it's not about fame (as I said, probably no one will read these credits) or to brag about it. I think the main reason is that you can be a part of one of your favourite game series - even if it's only your name in a wall of text.

It's really clever because a lot of people would willingly spend additional money for this and it would cost the developers no money to include all these names. That's why I don't understand BI. What's the point for limiting this extra to the first 500 buyers? Let's say two people buy the supporter edition. Both spend the same amount of money and support the developers but in return BI only thanks one of them and put his name into the end credits because he clicked the Buy-button 5 seconds earlier. In my opinion thats really unfair. I know, the supporter edition is about supporting BI and paying a bit more without any real benefits (especially if you already own Arma X) but as I said it would cost them nothing to include all the supporter names (or at least the names of all the people who bought the supporter edition during the first day or maybe week) and not only the first 500. A small "Thank you" where both sides would be happy. I would have bought the supporter edition but I changed my mind because of this. So to get back to the topic: I will only buy the Alpha Version.

I was thinking the same here. Already have ArmA X, no point to buy Support edition just because of the DLC now. Unless they release the DLC one month after the game, like some sh*t company do, but then it would be a huge disrespect with the community.

I'm going to buy the Digital Deluxe, probably I'll buy the physical map too when it's released...

So,i heard ARMA3 will ONLY be released on STEAM platform. Is that right ?

If thats true,i must say,this is the worst day ever for me.

I will definitly not use STEAM ,so that means no ARMA 3 in the future for me or what ?

This can't be !

After reconsidering things, I've decided to go with the basic Alpha -- I can't justify the $91.99 for Arma X and a second copy of CWA, or the chance of DLC (unlike other games where at least the Season Passes are for DLC which are a given) plus I was talked out of going after the forums badge and the "race to 500"... then I reconsidered the idea of the digital maps, tactical guide and soundtrack being worth $17, so it's going to have to be the regular edition.

I think the Digital Deluxe Edition is a good middle way.

So,i heard ARMA3 will ONLY be released on STEAM platform. Is that right ?

If thats true,i must say,this is the worst day ever for me.

I will definitly not use STEAM ,so that means no ARMA 3 in the future for me or what ?

This can't be !

Are you being THAT stubborn? Come on now!

Anyways. You wont resist, and you will probably play it anyways. :) It's ArmA 3 god damnit! :yay:

I think i will get the supporter version. I hope there will be nice DLCs in the future :)

I'll buy Alpha, the only interesting things in other versions for me are soundtrack and future dlc's. I'll buy DLC's when BIS will release them.