Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

The more I think about it the less I can get away with buying a DDE - got to go supporter. I'm a well paid professional and Arma is just SO GOOD. Things like this page swing me towards Supporter

City pay not defaulting you to Supporter edition, eh? ;) Can't go wrong with the Forum Badge & the seasonal DLC pass. :) Well, of course, and the fact that you'll be supporting the development in a tangible way.

http://imgur.com/a/cKKWU <-- New Screens speak for themselves.

Supporter edition.

Because ArmA is unique, a real military simulator, instead of other "tacticool games" (if you known, what i mean)

By the way - any chance to get 3D editor ? :)

I'm not sold on the support edition. Give me a good reason to buy that?

Support the studio.

As far as I see it, there are no purely objective reasons to buy the supporter edition. The extras listed for it are basically all fluff, unless you really need an extra copy of Arma X.

So if you feel Arma3 will be worth that kind of money, you want to support BI and are able and willing to spend 70€ on a game, get the Supporter. Otherwise, stick with whichever of the other two suits you best. ;)

Because Bohemia Interactive has stayed true to their series of games all along.

Not that many companies that does that. *cough*EA/DICE/UBISOFT*cough*

Economically speaking you are better off with the Alpha edition. However, I would feel like a cheat paying £20 or whatever it is for Arma 3 pre-order + constant Alpha then Beta access up until release, together with mods, mission editor and more. Its about value and fairness and that is really up to you to determine. Of course if you don't have the means then by all means get the Alpha (just make sure you buy through BIS Store then validate on Steam).

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

City pay not defaulting you to Supporter edition, eh? ;)

City pay, City costs. My EC1 rent and council tax hurts more than you know!

Thanks for the new screenies they all look incredible. I'm stoked I live in a world where this game exists!!!

Going to buy the support edition. The Arma game series is the only one I've come across with real replay value. Even got my collegues addicted ;)

Alpha....:dance::k:

But thats because Wargame Airland Battle is coming out soon. :yay:

If you don't look at the current prices. What would you pay for ArmA 3? What price would you find fair?

I think,the question is how much are you willing to give them to support their efforts.I am buying the Alpha edition,but thats because i am low on money,if i had the amount for the support edition,I would buy without thinking.

This isn't charity you know.

If they make me a good offer I'll gladly pay for it. But the mere chance of getting what I actually paid for isn't worth that money to me (I already have everything else the SE has to offer - except for the OST which doesn't interest me).

In the end I really dislike the concept of giving something to people who were simply lucky enough to be first. You either offer it to everybody or you don't do it at all.

I think,the question is how much are you willing to give them to support their efforts.I am buying the Alpha edition,but thats because i am low on money,if i had the amount for the support edition,I would buy without thinking.

right, because 60 extra dollars is a huge amount that a guy with a computer, electricity bills, internet bills, etc cannot afford.

why can't people admit that the extra incentive in the support edition just isn't that attractive?

right, because 60 extra dollars is a huge amount that a guy with a computer, electricity bills, internet bills, etc cannot afford.

why can't people admit that the extra incentive in the support edition just isn't that attractive?

Isn't attractive?

All future Arma 3 DLC's,every Arma game until now,and even the possibility of your name in the credits.People pay more than this for stupid 3 maps DLC's and a few guns...

And yes,60 dollars can be a huge amount for people that work hard for it.

Yes,this isn't charity,just a support act,as a fan of their work.And considering the current state of PC gaming,and all of this "massification" of titles to attract the younger gamers,this isnt just a game but a piece of art for us,PC users,and for their effort,they deserve all the funding they can get.

If they make me a good offer I'll gladly pay for it. But the mere chance of getting what I actually paid for isn't worth that money to me (I already have everything else the SE has to offer - except for the OST which doesn't interest me).

In the end I really dislike the concept of giving something to people who were simply lucky enough to be first. You either offer it to everybody or you don't do it at all.

It's not about charity. It is about supporting the companies you love. I can afford it, and i want to spend the extra money to support BI.

It's nice to get, but i don't care about credits, soundtracks, guides, maps or other "bonuses". I support with my wallet.

Edited by Winfernal

It's not about charity. It is about supporting the companies

you love. I can afford it, and i want to spend the extra money to support BI.

It's nice to get, but i don't care about credits, soundtracks, guides, maps or other "bonuses". I support with my wallet.

Yep. That's about the only reason I'm getting the SE. The 'bonuses' are great to get, but if you intend to spend 500 or even 1000 hrs in game it's definitely getting your money's worth.

If you don't look at the current prices. What would you pay for ArmA 3? What price would you find fair?

I'm buying the Alpha Edition through BIS' store.

Digital Soundtrack - I can listen to that on Youtube.

Digital Maps & Tactical Guide - I can view corresponding maps in-game. I don't need a tactical guide to learn how to play the game, i'll learn that from the in-game training and with experience from playing previous ArmA games.

I'm not bothered about a Forum Badge or my name being in the credits.

To be fair; receiving the other ArmA games and future DLC is absolutely appealing. I'm "not sold" because I understand the value of money.

I'm buying the Alpha Edition through BIS' store.

Digital Soundtrack - I can listen to that on Youtube.

Digital Maps & Tactical Guide - I can view corresponding maps in-game. I don't need a tactical guide to learn how to play the game, i'll learn that from the in-game training and with experience from playing previous ArmA games.

I'm not bothered about a Forum Badge or my name being in the credits.

To be fair; receiving the other ArmA games and future DLC is absolutely appealing. I'm "not sold" because I understand the value of money.

What do you think about people like me paying extra only to support the company? I don't care about extras, i appreciate good games.

And yes, i do understand the value of money.

And everyone's value of money is different.

What do you think about people like me paying extra only to support the company? I don't care about extras, i appreciate good games.

If you can afford to then great.

I sure hope there won't be any picking at people who don't have the forum badge after all of this.

I'm getting the supporter package.

I've been playing since 2001, and I will continue to play as they release new games. I'm still playing ArmA 2 actively. Cannot wait till Tuesday!

I sure hope there won't be any picking at people who don't have the forum badge after all of this.

Ooh I'm sure some clown from the Internet will point that out at some point. Have no fear.

Meh...if we come to this,the only thing we will have to do is ignore.

And i think our moderators will do something..:p

Edited by Alistair