Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

Thanks for the clarification, I'll be purchasing the alpha then since I own all Arma content anyway :)

going for the supporter edition, as this gives you all that you need to play this awsome game, hurry up bio so we can get this going.......:p

I will be buying the supporter edition, have been playing opf/arma/arma2 and can't wait for the 5th of march to get my hands on the alpha :yay:

That was me, please keep your polls neutral and without trying to "manipulate" voters.

And making fun in polls is forbidden. :p

No problem. Wasn't intending to manipulate any votes.

Poll is creeping up to the 500 mark.

I will be getting the Digital Deluxe version. I would buy the Supporter version, but I can't justify the cost vs. the benefits. Forum badge and name in credits does not overly interest me, I already own Combined Ops and I will never play the pre-ArmA II titles. I would like the ArmA II DLCs, but they come nowhere near the $40 increase in price between ArmA III versions (the money I save by purchasing the DD vs Supporter, I'll be able to purchase the A2 DLCs and have money left over). IMO, the cost still outweighs the benefits for the DD - but I still want to support BI, and I kinda want that tactical guide and the maps.

I will be getting the Digital Deluxe version. I would buy the Supporter version, but I can't justify the cost vs. the benefits. Forum badge and name in credits does not overly interest me, I already own Combined Ops and I will never play the pre-ArmA II titles. I would like the ArmA II DLCs, but they come nowhere near the $40 increase in price between ArmA III versions (the money I save by purchasing the DD vs Supporter, I'll be able to purchase the A2 DLCs and have money left over). IMO, the cost still outweighs the benefits for the DD - but I still want to support BI, and I kinda want that tactical guide and the maps.

That's basically my reasoning. Would love to go for Supporter but I frankly just can't afford it.

... and I will never play the pre-ArmA II titles.

Blasphemy! You're missing out. Sahrani is still one of my favorite islands. And Op Flash is just full of oldschool charm.

That's basically my reasoning. Would love to go for Supporter but I frankly just can't afford it.

Yeah, IMO it's just far too expensive for what they're throwing in. But obviously some people are willing to pay for it.

Blasphemy! You're missing out. Sahrani is still one of my favorite islands. And Op Flash is just full of oldschool charm.

I've played Op Flash (mainly Dragon Rising), and the Arma series isn't foreign to me. I just will never play it again because we have Arma 2 and now the Arma 3 alpha. Plus Sim City is released on the 5th, as well.

Dragon Rising is NOT Operation Flashpoint. :mad:

The crap is from Codemasters which holds the rights on "Operation Flashpoint" and used it to lure people into their shooter, making them believe it would be the true sequel. So, if you played Dragon Rising and Red River you have not played Operation Flashpoint but a cheap shooter clone. Suggest you play the real original then. :)

I said mainly Dragon Rising, because that is the one I owned. I have played the other Op Flash titles, I just did not own them.

Well mainly Dragon Rising can also mean "mainly Dragon Rising" and a bit "Red River". Least you played the original as well so we may forgive you one day. :p

We really should have something here which is replacing "Dragon Rising" with "Sunken Dragon"; and "Red River" with "Dead River"... :)

We really should have something here which is replacing "Dragon Rising" with "Sunken Dragon"; and "Red River" with "Dead River"... :)

How about "Insult to Gamers" and "Why was there a Sequel"

I've actually never played Red River, and a lot of the reason for that is the bad taste Dragon Rising left in my mouth. To make it worse, I had it for Xbox. The only reason why I don't complain about that very much is because it was a birthday gift.

None, sadly, due to BI choices. Steam required is an immediate no purchase for me. :(

Edited by ONeill

Why they are setting such a low price € 24,99 is a little too cheap for game i mean i dunno why they dont want more money :D

look at prices of all AAA games... always its 49

Also i have a question, anyone know if these packages if these packages will be available on steam?

i mean... if we will be able to buy it directly from steam and not from a arma 3 site....

Why? cause i want to trade my Team fortress 2 keys to get arma 3

that actually scares me. is this going to end up being an inferior game? because i know two other hyped up games, hitman and tomb raider pre-order at lower than aaa quality prices and they turned out bad. hopefully bis is different breed and will not disppaoint.

Supporter, have played arma for years it's the least I could give for all the fun I've had.

that actually scares me. is this going to end up being an inferior game? because i know two other hyped up games, hitman and tomb raider pre-order at lower than aaa quality prices and they turned out bad. hopefully bis is different breed and will not disppaoint.

Weeell for one they aren't 'hyping' the game with commercials, ads and so on. In fact the only hype we get are demonstration videos at E3 and Gamescom, the occasional picture and dev blogs as well as interviews...I wouldn't quite equate that to hyping.

As for the pricing likelythey aren't charging full price because it is not a full game yet, hence the price going up between alpha and beta, more content.

Secondly if you have a lower price, you generally get more customers.

Take Minecraft for example, in alpha stage it sold for 10-15ish dollars and managed to rack up millions in sales.

Edited by NodUnit

I'll most likely grab the supporter ed. Not really interested in whats bundled with it, but I am interested in the DLCs as I'm hoping steam will improve integration of these for online play and as long as BIS supports distribution with lite versions as part of their patching, then I'll be happy, and I'm sure most players on pub servers will be too.

Weeell for one they aren't 'hyping' the game with commercials, ads and so on. In fact the only hype we get are demonstration videos at E3 and Gamescom, the occasional picture and dev blogs as well as interviews...I wouldn't quite equate that to hyping.

As for the pricing likelythey aren't charging full price because it is not a full game yet, hence the price going up between alpha and beta, more content.

Secondly if you have a lower price, you generally get more customers.

Take Minecraft for example, in alpha stage it sold for 10-15ish dollars and managed to rack up millions in sales.

I also believe this is a good route to take and anyone who shows a bunch of hype is what I will stay away from. For example..Aliens: Colonial Marines was a mess and they had a lot of hype and showed E3 footage that was not in end game and since this is alpha and we have gotten recent ingame footage of how the game looks I KNOW we aren't getting slapped in the face. Minecraft was and always will be a good example of how to run things sandbox style

Is the digital deluxe worth it for the added digital maps and tactical guide though? Will those be an exclusive item for those who buy this deal or would those two things be something that you can purchase as an add-on?

Is the digital deluxe worth it for the added digital maps and tactical guide though? Will those be an exclusive item for those who buy this deal or would those two things be something that you can purchase as an add-on?

The digital contents (tactical guide and maps) are Digital Deluxe and Supporter Edition exclusives and can't be purchased separately.

Personally, I don't think their cost comes anywhere close to the difference in price points between the regular Alpha and Digital Deluxe editions.

Why they are setting such a low price € 24,99 is a little too cheap for game i mean i dunno why they dont want more money :D

look at prices of all AAA games... always its 49

Also i have a question, anyone know if these packages if these packages will be available on steam?

i mean... if we will be able to buy it directly from steam and not from a arma 3 site....

Why? cause i want to trade my Team fortress 2 keys to get arma 3

The regular and Digital Deluxe versions may be bought from Steam storefront, the Supporter version may only be bought through the BI storefront.

Also, as of right now 44.99 euros for the full game corresponds to just under $59.99... ;)

Just the standard edition. Great price and I don't need the extra stuff.

I'm not buying SE because of extra games, soundtracks or tactital guides.

I'm buying it because, A: The price is what i expected A3 to cost. B: I can afford it. C: I want to show my full support to Bohemia, with my wallet. :) And i also get a chance to get my name in the credits!

So why not? :D