Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

Just wait till the full release, the prices will rise over the alpha/beta process and you'll be able to buy it for your beloved 60 EUR.

Jeez, people nowadays...

"Jeez, people nowadays with their blind faith in everything they read or promise on the internet".

I've been a fan of the series for a decade, but I don't believe in this "early access to the game"-marketing. You're basically buying an unfinished product with a promise you'll get the full game. As an exemple: tell me how many vehicles or weapons there will be in the full game? More than what you are offered right now? Nobody knows.

You'll get the DLC's... If any are ever released.

What if they do not release any DLCs or BIS (theoretically) goes bankrupt or their studios accidentally burn down in 2 months time?

I know BIS has a good reputation, listens to and did a lot for its community, but is not forbidden to be critical towards this evolution.

Edited by dunnobe

So which version of Arma 3 will you be buying?

http://www.arma3.com/buy

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/358-plans-for-arma-3-in-2013

1) ALPHA (24.99 EUR/19.99 GBP/32.99 USD)*

2) DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION (39.99 EUR/34.99 GBP/49.99 USD)*

3) SUPPORTER EDITION (69.99 EUR/59.99 GBP/91.99 USD)*

4) Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on

5) None of the above (punish me)

*The price of each edition will increase once the Arma 3 Beta and final game become available.

Any version you buy now will get the full standard version of the game on release. Only the Alpha Lite (invite only) is just purely the Alpha test.

**Edit**

To start the ball rolling, I will be buying the Supporter Edition.

The Alpha lite is a STEAM invite, I don't do STEAM so I guess I'll go Alpha, I don't need the additional game downloads, got 'em already The maps would be handy but I'll get them at a later date.

dunnobe, the right answer is "judge the Supporter Edition claimed benefits with the assumption that any non-guaranteed benefits such as DLC will not occur." Also... it's pretty overtly an unfinished product and BI doesn't try to hide that.

bohica, Alpha is ALSO Steam. Every one of the editions is Steam, in fact.

The Alpha lite is a STEAM invite, I don't do STEAM so I guess I'll go Alpha

All versions of Arma 3 are going to require Steam. I'm not sure what could make anyone think otherwise.

What if they do not release any DLCs or BIS (theoretically) goes bankrupt or their studios accidentally burn down in 2 months time?

Explain how this situation would be any better, regardless if they were giving alpha access to people pre-ordering or not? The game would still be unfinished.

You're not buying an unfinished product. You're preordering a game, with the bonus of being able to take part in the alpha and beta testing.

If preordering isn't your thing, then don't do it.

Edited by vegeta897

The Alpha lite is a STEAM invite, I don't do STEAM so I guess I'll go Alpha, I don't need the additional game downloads, got 'em already The maps would be handy but I'll get them at a later date.

Umm, ALPHA lite is in a form of invite to send to your friends after you bought REGULAR/DELUXE/SUPPORTER edition. You HAVE to use steam no matter what option you'll pick.

Just wait till the full release, the prices will rise over the alpha/beta process and you'll be able to buy it for your beloved 60 EUR.

Jeez, people nowadays...

"Jeez, people nowadays with their blind faith in everything they read or promise on the internet".

I've been a fan of the series for a decade, but I don't believe in this "early access to the game"-marketing. You're basically buying an unfinished product with a promise you'll get the full game. Tell me, how many weapons or vehicles will be in the final game? More than what they offer you now?

You get the DLC's for free... if any are released.

What if they don't release any DLC or if BIS (theoretically) goes bankrupt or their studios accidentally burn down in 2 months time?

I know BIS has a good reputation, listens to and did a lot for its community, but is not forbidden to be critical towards this evolution.

I've been a fan of the series for a decade, but I don't believe in this "early access to the game"-marketing. You're basically buying an unfinished product with a promise you'll get the full game. Look at the supporter's editon: you get the DLC's... if any are released. What if BIS (theoretically) goes bankrupt or their studios accidentally burn down in 2 months time?

So wait for the vanilla version.

For those thinking this is a jip system take a look at Star Citizens Alpha packages! $40 (second tier) just to have access going all the way up to $2700 Grand Admiral in which you get year long sim-spaceship insurance, a few trinkets and blueprints along with some "Thank You" CD's. And yet...no ingame credits....

Seriously now you have to buy insurance for your video game vehicles..? Imagine had BI done that :p

AFAIK those (like me) who crowdfunded Star Citizens before the clock runs out have a life time insurance :p

I would love to get the supporter edition but money is tight so ill just have to get the alpha version.

Personally I'd like to see a price level in between Supporter and DD that gives you access to all the future DLC but no credit/forum badge/ArmA X. Maybe for like $70? I'd go for that. $91 is steep, though.

I was going to skip A3 because of all the "STEAM only" crap, but after seeing supporter edition offer i'll probably get that.

With that kind of offer I can look past all the steep price and STEAMshit stuff. :p

If I had the money, supporter. Unfortunately I can't get any of them.

I am buying the supporter for sure. Been waiting along time for this. Unfortunately I have a big test so cannot start playing until April. But my ppl helicopter check ride is in April so this should help my flying.

Unfortunately I'll only be able to afford the Alpha version. Im in a bad place financially. I would certainly love to get that supporter edition though.

Sigh

Covert_Death, AlekseiGuba

We have a Steam discussion thread in the Offtopic forum where you can discuss all the aspects of Steam. Please continue there and keep this thread for those discussing the different Versions.

This goes especially for Mr. Guba: Please refrain from posting your complaints in every thread you find. Your situation indeed sucks and maybe really no one at BI has considered such a case (or maybe really doesn't care) but we got it now: No Steam for you, no Arma3 for you = sucks = disappointed. Nothing we here can change after all. You may enjoy Arma 2 like some other people here too which refuse to use Steam. Hey it's not that Arma 2 will be dead by next week. ;)

Ninja'd by Myke, as always...

Myke;2307311']Offtopic posts deleted' date=' infractions handed out. No Steam discussion in this thread.[/quote']

I've just noticed that somebody has modded the poll question None of the above to take off the (punish me).

Not complaining as it was just a little bit of fun :cool:

I've just noticed that somebody has modded the poll question None of the above to take off the (punish me).

Not complaining as it was just a little bit of fun :cool:

That was me, please keep your polls neutral and without trying to "manipulate" voters.

And making fun in polls is forbidden. :p

Supporter Edition for me, and for my other machines & my nephews/close friends, the Digital Deluxe Edition.

I'm deciding between the Alpha and Digital Deluxe versions but I need some clarification on the following two things:

DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK [?]

DIGITAL MAPS [?]

If I get the alpha I wont get these things (the 2 I care about) but what are these two things? Is the digital map referring to a separate large scale file that shows the maps and allows you to print them out if you want? I just want to verify this is NOT referring to the ingame option to push the M key and load up the digital map ingame. Also, if I purchase the alpha does this mean my game wont have any soundtrack music?

Thanks for the clarification.

Digital Soundtrack: The music from the game as MP3 files

Digital Maps: Maps of (some) of the terrains in the package as PDF / Pictures

Of course you still have Music in game with the Alpha, just not as extra MP3 files.