Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

I think I will only get the Alpha version. As I find the Supporter Edition a good 12 euros too expensive considering I already bought the whole serie on retail and that it's missing Red Hammer, for legal reason I know but still, and ArmaX on Steam is still missing the ACR dlc. Moreover OFP is included in Arma X, meaning it's advertised twice in the Supporter Edition. Concerning the DLCs it's mentioned it doesn't concern the eventual standalone, understandable but ArmaII dlcs being what they are, I think I can wait. The rest of the bonuses are kind of anecdotic, I couldn't care less about a badge or my name on the credits to brag about. Digital maps and guide are typically the things you'll find easily on the internet. The Digital Deluxe Edition doesn't add much to the Alpha version, so...

Edited by dunedain

Alpha only.

There's zero info available on future DLC's and latest A2 DLC's haven't been so great.

Also the other features of Supporter Edition are useless for me.

I already feel like time has come to a screeching halt and every day here on out -a test of fortitude.

It's like sitting in the dentist's chair... time slows down by at least a factor of 2.

I would like to know what maps are going to be released with Delux edition.I was under the impression that we only get 2 maps 2 islands

None of the above for me.Of course I will buy the game once it's released,but I guess I won't buy anything until then.
You know, the paid ones (all except "alpha lite") are all including "the game once it's released"...

Supporter edition for me, SOLELY for the name in the credits... either I'm one of the 500 or else. :p Speaking of which, any dev who can say whether or not the buying page for Supporter will say whether a person is eligible/among the five hundred before buying? Admittedly the only reason for me to buy Supporter is that credit...

I would like to know what maps are going to be released with Delux edition.I was under the impression that we only get 2 maps 2 islands

It probably means PDF maps of the islands. Similar to the paper ones you get of Chernarus on the BI Store.

No, that second island is going to be in the full game release (Q3 2013) and MAYBE the beta, but the alpha comes with only one of the islands/maps.

EDIT: To reiterate on this page, Supporter edition so that I can get that end credit...

Edited by Chortles

The full game features two islands. Namely Stratis, which is Agios Efstratios in real life extending over 20km² and the second one, Altis, Limnos in real life, extending over 270km².

Altis is going to be preserved for either the BETA stage or the full release.

You can look up the complete content of the Supporter Package here.

Hi all. Been a while since I've posted but I'm here to say damn right I'll be buying the supporter edition. After a decade of enjoyment from OFP to A2 it's the least I can do. I look forward to purchasing it and coming back to the community. I'm pumped to make some missions for you all and hopefully this time I'll spend more time doing that. As much as I've loved the games over the years the community is the real force behind this game. Respect to all of that contributed over the years. A big thanks to you all and to BIS.

Alpha only.

I wish to buy suppoter edition, but I can't spend about $100 now - student's live is awful :(

+1 to all.

I will only get the DD Version even though I have more then enough money for the suppoter pack.

edit: speaking of which, I'll be very.disappointed if that map only comes with a full colour "tourist" map that is rubbish for game play, a good old topography map that only shows the bits that is useful is a must!

Edited by 4 IN 1

I'm leaning heavily towards the SE, as it seems to be a fantastic deal when you look what is included. I just hope I have a good chance of being one of the 500! ;)

I will be buying the Alpha, money has been very tight for the past few years, but i been waiting for Arma3 for a long time like you all.

The real problem for me is i probably wont be able to play Arma3 until I upgrade or get a new computer as currently I only meet half the requirements,

so I been talking with my buddy who is a freelance computer tech who builds and repairs computers for a living, and it may be possible that I may be buying

a gaming computer that will basically make what i currently have :smash: look and run like a kindergarten class computer, lol

But I feel i deserve this i been playing with a single core cpu since Arma1 released, its been an amazing journey always struggling to play,

and having to have to do stupid shit just to play, or not playing at all, after i get the new computer I will really understand and feel how

most of you guys play :computer: then i too can put my specs in my sig, anyways on topic, I'm actually looking forward to this,

but i seriously cannot believe how BIS is doing this, i mean im not all fro steam but i guess i will have to deal with it if I want Arma3,

i know how it works anyways as I like Skyrim which is on steam.

But about the Alpha what really grabbed me the most on the briefing page for the Alpha seen here:

http://www.arma3.com/alpha/briefing

was in one of the answers to a question they had listed which was:

Why are you releasing an Alpha of Arma3?

the answer to it was:

Mainly we would like to cooperate with our community to improve the final game. There are things we will never be able to

simulate or test internally. It also enables our community to start preparing their mods to be ported from Arma 2 to Arma 3, and start new mods.

This means there will be more user-made content available at launch. Finally, we can be honest in saying we hope it will spread the word and reach more players.

this to me is what i like most about BIS, yes again I'm not fond of the steam only idea, but in general to me letting the community get involve and test/play

the game and provide their feedback is something you rarely see in games out there.

So I'm all for it, this is one very good reason I enjoy the OFP/Arma series because of this community driven mentality that makes this game so unique.

As far as the alpha content, just give me the map and the editor, all i want.

What exactly is the digital combat guide? would it be along the lines of Dslyecxi's masterpiece or just a couple pages telling me how to use the controls?

What exactly is the digital combat guide? would it be along the lines of Dslyecxi's masterpiece or just a couple pages telling me how to use the controls?

It probably won't be a masterpiece, but I suspect it's going to be more than just the controls, as the latter would be in a manual rather than a guide. Some official clarification - before we spend our cash - would be nice though.

or just a couple pages telling me how to use the controls?

Like.... a manual? :yay:

Alpha for me but I will be getting a second copy for the missus to perhaps finally get her out of the nice easy cosy world of WoW clone MMO's :(

I've being thinking it over for the last day and i'm probally getting the alpha edition. Alltough i love BIS, paying 70 Eur. for what is essentially an unfinished game is not the right thing to do IMO. Maybe going to spend the price difference getting the three A2 DLC' s from BIStore.

Almost 400 votes so far.

24.99EUR for the early access AND full game is an unbelievably good deal. Thanks BIS!

I've being thinking it over for the last day and i'm probally getting the alpha edition. Alltough i love BIS, paying 70 Eur. for what is essentially an unfinished game is not the right thing to do IMO. Maybe going to spend the price difference getting the three A2 DLC' s from BIStore.

You forget one small detail...

Considering whats in the package, and the full games price its cheap.

I am not sure. I have Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA but none of the downloadable content. I do not have it on Steam but have been thinking I would purchase it on Steam just so I have it in my library. The supporter edition is over $90... I don't care about the digital maps, audio stuff etc. I would like the Arma X so I would have at least PMC and BAF... I already have Arma CWC.

I think I just might get the Alpha and then buy Arma 2 Complete edition which just came out on Steam. This option would be cheaper.

Not a fan if this multiple payment options model... actually I would have wanted to pay up to 60 EUR

on the initial release, without DLC, digital music download and maps etc... Now there's a more expensive version that I don't want and the cheaper version(s) don't have everything I want.

Paying for an unfinished product... Nope.

Also, we will need Steam to play... pfff I don't want to be dependent of Steam...

I looked forward to ArmA 3, but this is a bit dispointing.

Edited by dunnobe

If someone could help my dumbass,

I have CO on disc, and bought the dls on BI store. I've never used steam, nor know what it does. Not sure what's the benifit. I see the supporter edition says arma3 from BI store, so it's not a steam version? Will i still need steam to play? Plus, what's the benifit of having older armas on steam?

thanks