Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

until when are these offers available till? i.e can we still buy arma 3 in the same price 2 weeks later?

At the bottom of the "alpha chart" it lists the bundle availabilites.

The default alpha is available from March 5 until the beta arrives, which is in Q2. You got lots of time. But why wait!

You got lots of time. But why wait!

I already feel like time has come to a screeching halt and every day here on out -a test of fortitude.

I already feel like time has come to a screeching halt and every day here on out -a test of fortitude.

I know eh? knowing about the exact date of the alpha is almost worse than not knowing. We're just lucky BIS had some mercy and told us just a week before release. Can't imagine how I would survive had it been a month or longer.

i wont be able to use my main pc rig for two weeks

Ah I see. Well if you had access to any computer(not neccesarily your gaming rig) you could just buy it using that. If possible, you could even download it on that computer and then when you get to your gaming rig you just tranfer the game and play. That is, if you are a crazy fanboi like me, with nothing better to do. Hell I would buy it at the library if I didn't have access to my computer.

Edited by -Coulum-

I know eh? knowing about the exact date of the alpha is almost worse than not knowing. We're just lucky BIS had some mercy and told us just a week before release. Can't imagine how I would survive had it been a month or longer.

Ah I see. Well if you had access to any computer(not neccesarily your gaming rig) you could just buy it using that. If possible, you could even download it on that computer and then when you get to your gaming rig you just tranfer the game and play. That is, if you are a crazy fanboi like me, with nothing better to do. Hell I would buy it at the library if I didn't have access to my computer.

i have my laptop with me :) i can purchase next week then wait till i can use my main rig and download and play!!

i played amra 2 right from release and played 100 of hours on it with different clans etc. it was amazing and have had the best experience in mp in this game.

i then put this game down about a year ago due to the fact that to get the very best out of this game u really need to have a spare 1 hour of no interruptions to play this game and with the wife nagging me once in a while, its hard to concentrate in arma 2 for large periods.

I am considering buying the supporter edition. However, I would like some more information on the extra things. Besides knowing more detail about the digital maps and tactical guide (i mean, what ARE they?) above all what kind of extras should one expect from DLC's....

Thanks already!

I am considering buying the supporter edition. However, I would like some more information on the extra things. Besides knowing more detail about the digital maps and tactical guide (i mean, what ARE they?) above all what kind of extras should one expect from DLC's....

Thanks already!

No one knows anything about DLC yet or if there will even be any.

They even say so right on the website...you gotta read the question marks.

72w22u.jpg

Getting the supporters edition, for future DLC`s. :yay:

Again, there is no guarantee of future DLC and it does not apply to standalone expansions.

72w22u.jpg

Doesn`t matter as long as i get to support BIS and Arma 3 Alpha,then i`ll be happy.

Exactly. ;) That's why it is called the "Supporter Edition".

Exactly. ;) That's why it is called the "Supporter Edition".

Its at a good price to in my opinion, would cost about R619, here depending on the exchange rates. :) (South-africa)

Edited by BessRey

Its at a good price to in my opinion, would cost about R619 here. :) (South-africa)

It is indeed an amazing price for what is included in the package. All previous ArmA games? All possible future DLC? One heck of a deal!

Do you purchase the alpha on steam? Cuz im thinking of buying a steam card but want to be sure

It depends which bundle you purchase.

2n1dh0h.jpg

Alpha and Digital Deluxe Edition can both be purchased from either Steam or the BI Store. The Supporter Edition will only be able to be purchased from the BI Store.

I for one am getting the Supporter Edition....can't help myself. Will probably offer the Alpha Lite invites to some of my squad mates.

Supporter Edition. It's a great deal in the long run, and I believe even just the main game is worth every septim, considering how much time I'll spend in it.

I will be buying the alpha edition. If I could buy a boxed copy (containing printed maps, soundtrack on disc etc.) to gain access to the alpha then I'd buy supporter, but considering everything you get is digital ~$90AUD seems a bit steep for me

Given that I am going to college soon I cannot muster up the cash for any more than the deluxe edition thus that is what I going to have to do. It pretty much covers just about everything that interests me.

Since I already have all the games, expansions and DLCs, including retail ArmaX, I'll be getting Alpha, and possible DLCs later when they're released.

Am I the only one that would like a boxed copy of A3? :cool: But I still wanna play the Alpha :(

No, you're not. I'll be buying that when it's available. :)

I can't be the only one wanting to know what time and timezone these go on sale.

Either way, I'll be grabbing the supporter. With the amount of hours I've sunk into arma and the sheer amount of fun memories I have from it, its easily worth it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the other games (possibly sell them to a friend), but hopefully there are DLCs that I'm going to be eligible to get for free with it. I'd love if I ended up in the first 500, but given the difference in timezones and it being my first week back at university, I'm unlikely to be available.