Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

I'll buy the Supporter Edition......I want Arma to be around forever. Its the only reason I keep a PC around! Will support them as much as I can just so they keep Arma coming!!

It depends on what they finally decide to do with helicopter physics as this is pretty much the only thing I need in Arma. Gonna move to DCS's Huey if A3 continues to focus on infantry only.

Am I the only one that would like a boxed copy of A3? :cool: But I still wanna play the Alpha :(

Same here and as far as I know you can't have 2 copies of a game on Steam

So looks like we're stuck with Lite until box copies appear in stores.

if you get the alpha that comes with a Full Steam copy later on you

will be screwed unless there's a way to have both unless you use multiple Steam

accounts. [if that's even possible on the same system]

I see on the supporter addition that you are able to be put into the credits if your one of the first 500. My question is whhen should i be ready to buy it? Is it even possible to get it? I live in Canada, an i was just wondering what my chances would be...

How many supporters editions will be avaible for purchase? Or is it only for the credits, but can you still buy the support edition afterwards when they sold out the 500 pieces.

Edited by DeAdSeYe

Supporters edition. I really want to support such a great team. BI have made a good choice, they will find a lot more players will buy the supporters editions because they are not being forced to pay a high price for Arma 3. Yet because its optional people are more likely to do it.

Good guy BIS, Doing marketing right.

Same here and as far as I know you can't have 2 copies of a game on Steam

So looks like we're stuck with Lite until box copies appear in stores.

if you get the alpha that comes with a Full Steam copy later on you

will be screwed unless there's a way to have both unless you use multiple Steam

accounts. [if that's even possible on the same system]

You can switch accounts on steam easily.. although if you want a box yes you will have to wait it seems unless you wanted to get the alpha now and got a box later and just gave the key to someone else.. but ya. personally this doesn't affect me because I always have no place to put my boxes anyways so digital doesn't bother me.

How many supporters editions will be avaible for purchase? Or is it only for the credits, but can you still buy the support edition afterwards when they sold out the 500 pieces.

Yes as you see in the purchase page it shows the price for Alpha and the price for Beta and for the supporters edition it's the same cost and that also means it will be purchasable during beta. ALTHOUGH there is no price for when the game is released so it won't be available during that time.

I'm talking about the bundle extra that proposes the ability to have you name put into the end game credits. On the site it only says that the first 500 people who buy the Supporter Edition will get it. I'm wondering my chances of getting the extra

I'll buy the support edition for sure... like I did for CC :)

It´s good that you can also buy the game for less than 30 €.

Edited by Papanowel

I'll just be getting the Alpha version. I already have Arma X and I'm not overly interested in any of the features/benefits of the dearer versions.

SUPPORTER.

Trade Arma X and the other games for Far Cry 3 and XCOM.

#WINNING

alpha, if anything

want to see how they'll handle multiplayer this time around. arma in SP, even with mods, gets old fast. and not everyone wants to join private clans/squads

They're actually going to sell the alpha? :lol:

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

I'll just be getting the Alpha version. I already have Arma X and I'm not overly interested in any of the features/benefits of the dearer versions.

But an alpha version, isn't something anyone wants to actually play. It's for testing. So, they're going to charge the community :rolleyes:, to test their product, so they can ensure it works correctly. Then, beta form will come.

They will sell a3, and give access to alpha...there will still be alpha based on invitation though...you're point?

My point is that they shouldn't charge anyone for an alpha. That's laughable. Not even a beta...

They don't. They charge for a full product. This just isn't a public accesible alpha, but that was expected

My point is that they shouldn't charge anyone for an alpha. That's laughable. Not even a beta...

No it isn't.

Most companies let you pre-order their game and don't give you anything. BIS lets you pre-order the game and gives you immediate access to the alpha. I like this model, it gives me the opportunity to get a taste of the game and maybe influence some things in it. Sorry, but I don't see anything laughable about this. Actually, I wish more companies would do that.

Ahh okay, I misunderstood. I thought the alpha was 32$. In any case, I stand corrected.

I love this idea.

It's the best possible solution to buying a game and being involved in the Alpha and Beta I've seen to date. Honestly can't say enough good things about this lot and the way they think, honestly.

Only buying Alpha because I'm not interested in the extra stuff and it's soo dam cheap.

Totally buying supporter edition, especially since Steam now supports my favorite way of transactions in my country.