Sign in to follow this  
zico

Which version will you be buying?

Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?  

676 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Arma 3 will you buy?

• Alpha
    • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Supporter Edition
    • Will try Alpha Lite and decide later on
    • None of the above

Sorry to be a noob but does it mean we will get the full game when final release with the supporter addition ? I couldn't make sense of it on the website

Any version you buy now will get the full standard version of the game on release. Only the Apha Lite (invite only) is just purely the Alpha test.

Sorry to be a noob but does it mean we will get the full game when final release with the supporter addition ? I couldn't make sense of it on the website

They all state under extras:

ARMA 3 BETA & FULL GAME

Well, aside from Alpha Lite that is.

I'll try to get a free invite... my computer is aging and may not run Arma III properly.

I'll be going with the Supporter edition, I kind of feel obliged to considering the countless hours of entertainment OFP/ARMA has given me over the years. I still remember the OFP demo mission from PC Gamer and the sense of awe I felt playing it.

I'll try to get a free invite... my computer is aging and may not run Arma III properly.

I bet there's going to be some sort of official thread for people in need of A3A lite invites. I'll make you do something entertaining for everyone in exchange for the invite. :cc:

I guess we could say that we are one week from killing Salafist Iranians in the ArmA 3 Alpha! Already looking forward to it! :D

lets hope they arent as bad as steam at converting currency :D

Im just saying wow just the game is cheep... and are strongly thinking of the Support one to get the dlc's down the line... how ever since there is no word on what the dlcs gonna be och what its gonna contain gets me abit sceptical.

Having the hard copy of ArmA X collection already its a big toss up for me between Digital Deluxe and Supporter packages. I really don't know if the steam version would be worth it.

The DD version. The maps and the soundtrack are a nice bonus (I have all the old soundtracks still on my PC, took em out of the PBO's and converted them), and 40€ seems like a fair price.

I find the price for the supporter edition a bit steep considering i already have all the games in ArmAX and dont feel like i need digital versions of them. I doubt BI will make 30€ worth of DLCs so i would be paying for a badge and my name in the credits, neither of which interest me, and i dont feel like 'supporting' for the sake of supporting since the whole steamworks thing.

I bet there's going to be some sort of official thread for people in need of A3A lite invites. I'll make you do something entertaining for everyone in exchange for the invite. :cc:

Good Idea!

Also, ArmA 3 + Steam ≠ The Future

The Correct equation is: ArmA 3 Community < Future profits using Steam

/Arclight

lets hope they arent as bad as steam at converting currency :D

I would guess that Steam prices will be higher by at least +£10 per version. Buying directly from Steam is almost always the most expensive way to get a Steamworks only game. You can usually get retail versions of a Steamworks game for less and just use the serial to register online. Further to this, with a multitude of online retailers now offering Steamworks titles, you will have no excuse if you end up paying full whack at Steam.

In short, best time to buy would be before Beta when they say the prices will go up.

Im just saying wow just the game is cheep... and are strongly thinking of the Support one to get the dlc's down the line... how ever since there is no word on what the dlcs gonna be och what its gonna contain gets me abit sceptical.

Comparing Arma 2 if there were a similar offer:

British + PMC add-on's would be included

Operation Arrowhead would be excluded (standalone)

Czech add-on would be free but would technically be excluded as it requires Operation Arrowhead

Pending that I haven't missed any other official DLC that was released for Arma 2, we can only guess what and how much DLC will officially be released for Arma 3

This is a very bad way to manage an Alpha/game IMO

No open Alpha? No MP in Alpha? No mods in Alpha? WTF BI?

How that no mods in Alpha ?

Perhaps the thing I am most enthusiastic about: we are not restricting modding in this version, in fact we encourage it. Create and share scenarios, weapons, vehicles, systems and anything else you can think of. Together we can make the full game release later in the year mind-blowing for those who join us then. A slight caution: we cannot prevent having to still make large changes in our data during Alpha and Beta. This could mean your mission or add-on needs to be updated because we change a config class name for example. We cannot sacrifice that level of internal flexibility until the full release.

Spam much? 6th of March is the open Alpha, 14th of March is open FREE Alpha -- you'll get your invite from us if you play nice until then.

http://www.arma3.com/buy

Spam much? 6th of March is the open Alpha, 14th of March is open FREE Alpha -- you'll get your invite from us if you play nice until then.

http://www.arma3.com/buy

I was expecting an Open Alpha which everyone will be able to download and test for a few weeks!

Would have bought Supporter but crashed car yesterday....Alpha...

You too? I crashed mine as well so I'll probably go with the Alpha.

WTF are you talking about!

There is MP and there is mod capability, so i guess you didn´t really read the alpha announcement!

I was expecting an Open Alpha which everyone will be able to download and test for a few weeks!

Lolwut, what do free means IYO ?

People need to realize that an Alpha is for testing, its not a demo.

An Alpha can be whatever the developers want it to be. Don't get attached to labels.

There is a free Alpha (Alpha Lite); there is MP in the Alpha (Normal, DDE, Support) and there is full mod support (again every version apart from the free one). :)

It's hard for me to decide atm since Supporter would definitely be the way I'd like to go but I'm afraid I'll be running low on money. Damn billz :mad: