Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

Where would you prefer us to purchase from, would you make more from us getting it from your store than steam itself? I assume getting it from your store gets us a steam key to apply?

Additional question sorry:( Will that First 500 be from /Steam and BISstore/ Steam only/ BISstore only?

Supporter Edition is only available from Store.bistudio.com, so there's your answer :)

I assume getting it from your store gets us a steam key to apply?

Yes indeed.

This may sound like a dumb question but noting that the price is in Euro's, does that mean you are SOL if you use another form of currency?

We are exploring the options for Dedicated Server packages for the game in general right now. At Alpha launch there is no separate package; you will only be able to -server command-line it. No Linux DS at Alpha launch either.
Jman;2304163']DnA' date=' will command-line -server require an additional key or will it be like A1 and A2 where the client can share the same key?[/quote']

Well, you cant start 2 steam with the same account, so the question more than about the key its if it would need steam at all to run with the -server or not :S. I hope that if not now, at least in the future, we can have a separate dedicated server exe without needing Key, steam or anything similar, or even better have it as separate free download like all the HL/HL2/... dedicated servers already are on steam.

Would be important to know this info for big communities so they can be prepared on release :)

Most steam titles use the steamcmd utility to handle dedicated servers, when using steamcmd u just need an empty steam account and dont need to have the game purchased on it u dont need steam installed on the server too, so hopefully BIS will go the steamcmd route for the dedi server.

Does anyone know the exact time that the first 500 will be available? I don't want to miss out on that one. Will it be: March 5th at 00:00 GMT or will it be 7:00 Eastern US Time? I will be on my computer refreshing my browser over and over again come "buying time" no matter what time it is in the Central Time Zone of the United States. :bounce3:

PS. I guess with today's revelation we all now know what Joris-Jan van 't Land meant when he said, "Now, a few months ahead, we feel strongly that it is paying off, and soon you'll get a chance to see why." On March 5th, it's payoff time. :p

Supporter Edition is only available from Store.bistudio.com, so there's your answer :)

Yes indeed.

I'm a little confused about the prices though as in the first row you see the alpha for 25 euro's and below the beta 35 and the full game 45, if you buy the alpha for 25 euro's on 5th march does that mean you get full access to the beta And the full game or do you have to buy those separate when they come out?

Oh man it only a week away! I have the same question as rehtus

Does anyone know the exact time that the first 500 will be available? I don't want to miss out on that one. Will it be: March 5th at 00:00 GMT or will it be 7:00 Eastern US Time? I will be on my computer refreshing my browser over and over again come "buying time" no matter what time it is in the Central Time Zone of the United States.

I'm a little confused about the prices though as in the first row you see the alpha for 25 euro's and below the beta 35 and the full game 45, if you buy the alpha for 25 euro's on 5th march does that mean you get full access to the beta And the full game or do you have to buy those separate when they come out?

I think early adoption is simply cheaper.

Ie you purchase during the alpha period you pay 25, when you purchase during beta period you pay 35, and after release the game is available for full price only.

But you always get the same thing is my understanding.

If I buy game at store.bistudio.com, how I will connect that to my steam account? Do I need to do something before?

I think early adoption is simply cheaper.

Ie you purchase during the alpha period you pay 25, when you purchase during beta period you pay 35, and after release the game is available for full price only.

But you always get the same thing is my understanding.

In confirmation of this,

"Both versions include access to the Arma 3 Beta plus a digital copy of the complete game upon release. The price of each edition will increase once the Arma 3 Beta and final game become available."

Because people seem to be having a massive problem understanding the website:

herp_my_derps.png

Value for money bitches, do you recognise it when you see it?

Edit: image compression sucks, one day it will be nice to have some forum image rules that arent from 1997...

Edited by DM

If I buy game at store.bistudio.com, how I will connect that to my steam account? Do I need to do something before?

You will get product code for Steam (Games > Activate a Product on Steam...).

I have a very important question(I think important for many of us :) ), when exactly we will be able to buy and download Arma3 Alpha ? I mean the exact time, for. example 05/03/2013 00:00 CET or ?

Or better said, when it will be available for download and play.

You will get product code for Steam (Games > Activate a Product on Steam...).

Thank you :)

holy molly, finally, fucking damn finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: BIS you simply ROCK!!!!

ArmA 3 Alpha in a week sounds good. I'm looking forward to 5. March and can't wait to make some missions.

See you guys on the Battlefield.

greetings

Moerderhoschi

I have a very important question(I think important for many of us :) ), when exactly we will be able to buy and download Arma3 Alpha ? I mean the exact time, for. example 05/03/2013 00:00 CET or ?

Or better said, when it will be available for download and play.

Have you heard the term Valve Time ? :D

Can I pay through Paypal?

I decided to get the Alpha version :bounce3:

Both store.bistudio.com and Steam support Paypal

Does the "Invite Lite" work like a sort of "Invite a friend"?

Basic distribution will go through Steam gift/Inventory system. So if you purchase Alpha you get 3 Alpha Lite invites to give to your friends.

If a friend gets Lite gift from you then he/she will get the Lite version plus 1 Lite gift to give to someone else.

On top of that there are some other ways of introducing the Alpha Lite to more people planned.

That's what i thought as well.

So really; I pre-order the 5th of march and participate in the alpha->beta and then in all the full game costs only 24,99 euro's?

If you buy Arma 3 Alpha (for discounted price), you get to participate in the Alpha (ie. you get the build). When the beta is released, Arma 3 Alpha will be renamed in your Steam library to Arma 3 Beta and the data will be updated. When the full game is released, similar thing will happen and you will have "Arma 3" in your Steam library.

I am sorry there is confusion, but we did not want to have people confused the other way around - people thinking they are buying full game and then Steam would download Alpha (because the full game would not be ready yet, at the time of this "pre purchase").

If you buy the game from Store.bistudio.com, you will receive a Steam code and you will have to activate it on your Steam account (similar to what happens when you purchase retail DVD copy of Steam game). here is Steam help page regarding activating the code:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

Also someone have asked whether we prefer Steam or Store.bistudio.com.

The answer is store.bistudio.com, but we appreciate your business regardless of where you purchase! Just take care not to purchase from sites that are not listed on the website. There are people selling stolen or invalid Activation keys all over the web so take care to purchase from verified sources.(sorry for the OT ;) )