Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

Not really, most of my arguments opinions come from discussing with people from this community on steam chat, I have no problem with steam I have 180 games on there, my issue was the exclusive with steam.

Well let's wait till the 5th and watch the rat race for 500, can't wait till most of you hippies start complaining you didn't get there first. Nitpicker out.

You're the one complaining about it, not us. Nobody is gonna read the credits and my name in there won't make the pants of the woman I like come off. Its a novelty bonus feature.

First five hundred is actually more objective than a dev decision or fan voting due to the inevitable bias, especially when contributors just don't like each other... see a recent Reddit comment exchange between Xeno and CHKilroy/Dyslecxi for what I mean.

can you provide a link? reddits structure is confusing

Edited by De_little_Bubi
answered a post 3 posts ago and wanted to provide context with a quote

Jeza: what they should have done, is offer first option to specific members

VIPERITE: supporters edition should be an honour to those who have supported over the years

VIPERITE: not an entitlement to the quickest finger

Jeza: Yup

Jeza: agreed

Some may think I am moaning, but as this is a forum I am entitled to my opinion as a loyal and paying customer to the franchise.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;2309831']Some may think I am moaning' date=' but as this is a forum I am entitled to my opinion as a loyal and paying customer to the franchise.[/quote']You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine: "offer first option to specific members" would have fallen apart due to subjective bias and bruised egos.

Obviously, the way they should determine importance and therefore priority is by the number of forum posts. I'm sure that can't backfire in any way.

;2309831']Some may think I am moaning' date=' but as this is a forum I am entitled to my opinion as a loyal and paying customer to the franchise.[/quote']

Yeah you are entitled to your opinion. That said, my own opinion regarding both you and jeza would be that you are indeed moaning. And tbh, if BIS would have hand picked those 500 community members, you both wouldn't make the list anyhow.

That said, if you care for this sort of thing, then i believe you can always "not take the gamble" as some other ego centric lad put it, and just go for the delux version.

Some of us really won't give a fuck about it. More so, i am certain NOT to buy the game right on the 5th, because i can foresee frustrations with bi store going down and the likes, plus i'll be holiday 7 to 14th. I'll most likely grab it on the 15th, and i am sure by then the 500th drama will be long forgotten.

Am i a "less loyal" customer than yourself? Doubtfully.

<snip>

I would never say I'd be in that 500 nor have I hinted that, that should be given to any person who has spent there free time enhancing ArmA 2 / OA for the pleasure of others playing experience (I'm talking maps/units/soundmods/total conversions etc). I'm not egocentric enough to think I deserve such a title. You seem to think what I am saying is arguing for myself, which is totally your own take on what I've said.

Am i a "less loyal" customer than yourself? Doubtfully.

Victimising yourself to make a point much? Tbh I have no idea as I've only ever seen your forum posts. :p

Edited by VIPER[CWW]
typo

Holy God still on about the credits? 'First come' promotions have been around since the beginning of marketing -have you really never experienced this before ie.. "1st hundred customers blah blah blah..." Saying that ALL customers should win this special 'recogition' kinds of defeats the purpose of this most basic of marketing ploys...no?

Perhaps BI should make a very limited "Your mother was right...you are special!" badge as a nice consulation prize to be pig-prouded about town ;)

Simply put, wow. I honestly can't wait for Arma 3, supporter edition all the way! :)

Perhaps BI should make a very limited "Your mother was right...you are special!" badge as a nice consulation prize to be pig-prouded about town ;)

:D char

Simply put, wow. I honestly can't wait for Arma 3, supporter edition all the way! :)

Same here. Been absent for awhile, but I'm back and ready to roll.

Dear community,

On this day we can finally share our plans for the rest of the year! You’ve all survived a long period of unclear and absent information, an insane and unpredictable incident in Greece, and most recently some news not all of you were too happy about. But now I'm incredibly excited to announce ...

In less than a week’s time, on Tuesday March 5th, we are releasing our Arma 3 Alpha! :cool:

Quick links

It is March 5th, has been in the Czech Republic for nearly 5 hours now, 4 hours and 50 minutes. Did you mean available March 5th at 7 am?

still waiting 'till 2300hrs local time grrr grr :)

It is March 5th, has been in the Czech Republic for nearly 5 hours now, 4 hours and 50 minutes. Did you mean available March 5th at 7 am?

still waiting 'till 2300hrs local time grrr grr :)

Patience, you actually won't have to wait that long. It's apparently going to be released 3 hours from now.

Will be possible to purchase today?, I fear that the first few hours will be somewhat collapsed.

Already have all versions of ArmA2 in steam with their dlc's

Why the hell do I want it all over again? I just want all future DLCs

and want to buy the steam and not by store arma3

WTF

Has there been any word on when the first patch will be out or how often they will be patching the game?

I think DnA mentiond somewhere here on the forums that there may be a first patch even today (not sue though if on regular alpha channel or developer channel, and of course iff it comes today).

I think DnA mentiond somewhere here on the forums that there may be a first patch even today (not sue though if on regular alpha channel or developer channel, and of course iff it comes today).

I hope so. So far I'm liking the way they are handling their Alpha with feedback and changelogs

I hope so. So far I'm liking the way they are handling their Alpha with feedback and changelogs

Agreed, they have an excellent bugTracker.

I had a download of 4.7MB today :) Unfortunately no changelog available through Steam's "Update news". I am also linked in the beta branch