Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

btw, don't even think about raising the price for ALPHA.

They won't. When they raise the price it'll then be *drumroll*

Beta.

That. They sell something for an insane amount of money almost everybody has at least once. It's pointless, except for the reason to generate even more income. And on top of that, who plays the old crap when he has A3? Nobody.

Paying to support BI, bullshit. Many of us do that since years, they made enough cash from selling CO during the DayZ hype. At the very least they could offer an option not to use Steam for SP. Then I would consider the "Supporter Edition", even though then I have CO 3 times.

Still crying eh? First off not once have you mentioned the plus side of BI offering the basic Alpha (which Im getting) for dirt cheap ergo...full game -for dirt cheap. Not one positive utterance from you, ye ol timer OFP founding father. And consider your self lucky -they already named the chief villain in the original game after you -what more do you want.....

who plays the old crap when he has A3? Nobody.

I know a lot of people who still play OFP or even Arma 1...

Not one positive utterance from you, ye ol timer OFP founding father.

Yet somehow registered in September of 2012....

who plays the old crap when he has A3? Nobody.

Well in fact I play the "old crap". Still find OFP gameplay better, more fluid than next-gen ArmA I, ArmA II - especially fun with ECP mod.

I hope that ArmA III gameplay will be as good as OFP.

I already have pretty much all the bonus games with the Supporter edition, but I'm still buying it because I indeed love Bohemia Interactive and support them! Steam thing? Doesn't bother me, I'm down with Steam. All I care about is testing and playing the full product, I've seen people moan about Steam showing how many hours you play.. come on guys.

Support BI!

They won't. When they raise the price it'll then be *drumroll*

Beta.

Still crying eh? First off not once have you mentioned the plus side of BI offering the basic Alpha (which Im getting) for dirt cheap ergo...full game -for dirt cheap. Not one positive utterance from you, ye ol timer OFP founding father. And consider your self lucky -they already named the chief villain in the original game after you -what more do you want.....

I hope that naming comment was a joke. Don't give him any false credit.

Hi guys

I damn near fell off my chair when I read about this Alpha but after flicking through the 30 plus pages in this thread I find myself confused.

Can someone safe me the hassle of picking through the thread and just let me know the following:

1) Will the Alpha be free?

2) If not how much will it be?

3) If I buy the Alpha will I get the full game for free?

I understand the Alpha to be a test bed for the full game that will be release 3rd quarter of this year and that it will have content added to it as the year goes on.

Is that correct?

Thanks Guys

ToM

Hi guys

I damn near fell off my chair when I read about this Alpha but after flicking through the 30 plus pages in this thread I find myself confused.

Can someone safe me the hassle of picking through the thread and just let me know the following:

1) Will the Alpha be free?

2) If not how much will it be?

3) If I buy the Alpha will I get the full game for free?

I understand the Alpha to be a test bed for the full game that will be release 3rd quarter of this year and that it will have content added to it as the year goes on.

Is that correct?

1) You can get a free invite from somebody who owns the alpha, but that's not the full version, lacking multiplayer and mod support.

2) You can buy the game and get instant access to the Alpha for €25/$33, as well as some Lite version invites.

3) If you buy the game, you'll get instant access to the full alpha.

And as far as I understand, the Alpha will undergo improvements with time, eventually moving into the beta phase.

"An explanation of Arma 3′s ballistics modeling: everything that happens when you fire a gun"

PC Gamer.com

If this is truly everything that happens when you fire a gun, then I am a little disappointed. ;)

I was hoping that there would be some mention of chambered round simulation; so I guess this still isn't a feature? After 12 years, I was hoping for it to finally make an appearance. :(

If this is truly everything that happens when you fire a gun, then I am a little disappointed. ;)

I was hoping that there would be some mention of chambered round simulation; so I guess this still isn't a feature? After 12 years, I was hoping for it to finally make an appearance. :(

From talks of Gamescom, I was told that a proper implementation of this would require major changes in the code that would not justify the end result: a simple extra bullet in the magazine :D

From talks of Gamescom, I was told that a proper implementation of this would require major changes in the code that would not justify the end result: a simple extra bullet in the magazine :D

Yeah, I guess it's another case of "too much effort for too little gain".

yeah exactly :) And I guess that's sadly not a problem you realize fully unless you actually have to ride such a big horse as Arma 3.

Though I suppose there could be a nasty way of scripting it in :)

1) You can get a free invite from somebody who owns the alpha, but that's not the full version, lacking multiplayer and mod support.

2) You can buy the game and get instant access to the Alpha for €25/$33, as well as some Lite version invites.

3) If you buy the game, you'll get instant access to the full alpha.

And as far as I understand, the Alpha will undergo improvements with time, eventually moving into the beta phase.

Thanks mate for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

I am still confused by one thing.

On the website it says you can by the digital deluxe version for around 40 euros but then further down it says it is about 50 euros. Do I need to play 50 euros or is it on special offer if I buy now?

http://www.arma3.com/buy#buy

I would like to pay for the full game now and also enjoy the Beta.

Thanks again

ToM

Thanks mate for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

I am still confused by one thing.

On the website it says you can by the digital deluxe version for around 40 euros but then further down it says it is about 50 euros. Do I need to play 50 euros or is it on special offer if I buy now?

http://www.arma3.com/buy#buy

I would like to pay for the full game now and also enjoy the Beta.

Thanks again

ToM

40 Euros if you buy now (yeah, basically a special offer), 50 Euros if you wait until the beta (in a few months).

40 Euros if you buy now (yeah, basically a special offer), 50 Euros if you wait until the beta (in a few months).

LOL, sorry about the constant questions and thanks for the reply MadDogX.

Last few questions honest :)

If everyone in my clan buys this now am I right in saying the following:

1) We will be able to game together provided one of us hosts the game

2) We will only have coop mode available.

Lastly it says on the website you only get 3 invites?

If that is the case how will my clan and I game together in the Alpha?

Thanks again guys

ToM

Will ARMA3 have a plan for stand alone expansions? or just DLCs?

If there will be some SA expansion, i MUST concern whether to buy the supporter edition for I have one ARMAX in steam, besides why BIS won't add ACR DLC in the support edition content?

LOL, sorry about the constant questions and thanks for the reply MadDogX.

Last few questions honest :)

If everyone in my clan buys this now am I right in saying the following:

1) We will be able to game together provided one of us hosts the game

2) We will only have coop mode available.

Lastly it says on the website you only get 3 invites?

If that is the case how will my clan and I game together in the Alpha?

Thanks again guys

ToM

1) Yes.

2) Unknown, but they provide 2 multiplayer scenarios, many more to come through the mission editor: Co-op, TvT, CTI.

If you want to play with friends in the multiplayer, then the 3 invites are not what you're looking for, since those free invites are for Alpha lite, which doesn't have multiplayer.

Just purchase the Alpha (EUR 24.99) or Deluxe Edition (EUR 39.99) on March 5th - both have Alpha access on March 5th, Beta access later in the year and the ArmA III full game is included as well.*

*On release

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

No its a benifit of being one of the first 500 to purchase a supporters edition. How is that not clear?

So say a member of the community who has been round since ofp misses out because the 500th purchaser was a newbie to the community you think that's fair? They should do block names of people rather then single name rolling credits, that way all purchasers of the supporter edition are benefiting from the full package. Seems unfair to tout it as a part of the package then say only the first 500 will be thanked........

;2308343']So say a member of the community who has been round since ofp misses out because the 500th purchaser was a newbie to the community you think that's fair?

Then he would be mature enough to not cry out bloody murder in a rage of entitlement. The total number is known and it is 500.

;2308343']So say a member of the community who has been round since ofp misses out because the 500th purchaser was a newbie to the community you think that's fair? They should do block names of people rather then single name rolling credits' date=' that way all purchasers of the supporter edition are benefiting from the full package. Seems unfair to tout it as a part of the package then say only the first 500 will be thanked........[/quote']

Say a new McDonalds is opening up in your neighbourhood. On opening day they're offering the first 500 customers free cheeseburgers for a year. Say the 501st customer, who has lived in that neighbourhood for the past 5 years, misses out on the free burgers to a customer that only moved into the neighbourhood a couple of months ago. How ridiculous would it be to complain about this? Very. Just like it's ridiculous to say that "only long term members should get it". If you're that concerned about a forum tag that gives you zero advantage over anything, you might wanna start going walks (preferably on a regular basis; make a hobby out of it).

It's not unfair. That's what it is. First 500. It's purely a marketing strategy to get you to pay for a more expensive package and increase profits.

Say a new McDonalds is opening up in your neighbourhood. On opening day they're offering the first 500 customers free cheeseburgers for a year. Say the 501st customer, who has lived in that neighbourhood for the past 5 years, misses out on the free burgers to a customer that only moved into the neighbourhood a couple of months ago. How ridiculous would it be to complain about this? Very. Just like it's ridiculous to say that "only long term members should get it". If you're that concerned about a forum tag that gives you zero advantage over anything, you might wanna start going walks (preferably on a regular basis; make a hobby out of it).

It's not unfair. That's what it is. First 500. It's purely a marketing strategy to get you to pay for a more expensive package and increase profits.

No, it's like a new McDonald's opens up, and they are like "Hey, you can pay X amount of dollars to help us on opening day, and you can get Y many weeks of free hamburgers. Oh, and the first 500 to do so will get their names engraved on the side of the building". Because it's not getting something for free. And, since it isn't getting something for free, it's even MORE ridiculous to complain about it. Viper[CWW] is just trying to find things to nitpick and gripe about. Because, in reality, Viper is still pissed about the Steam decision. Discussion on that has been shut down, so Viper's trying to find other things to argue (really, cry) about.

First five hundred is actually more objective than a dev decision or fan voting due to the inevitable bias, especially when contributors just don't like each other... see a recent Reddit comment exchange between Xeno and CHKilroy/Dyslecxi for what I mean.