Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

Does anyone else feel like the flow of time has slowed down since the announcement? I know it should be impossible, but still...

What time on March 5 does the game go live?

Has that been answered yet?

And will the Patria AMV or its variants be in the Alpha?

Will we be allowed to make gameplay videos of the alpha for Youtube ?

Yes sure thing! The limitations are the same as for released full games. We'd kindly like to request remarking the video is from the Alpha or later Beta version so it's clear to The People of the Future :)

Guess it's 100x better and worth to wait until A3 is playable + enjoyable.

I see both as valid options honestly. Some people like the early / cheaper access and participation in development, others will just wait for the more polished release later in the year.

What's the reason for including Cold War Assault?

Our original entry into the series is still something that inspires us as developers. For me personally it was the first thing I worked on for BI in 2001 (North American release). We felt it would be a nice little gift for people.

If there is no full SDK deployed with the ALPHA but full modding compatibility means we will be able to use the A2 SDK to do mod-support for A3 ?

The other feasible option was to not allow modding (as we've done for e.g. demos in the past), and start releasing the capability, tools and documentation with the full game release. Isn't it better for everyone to start the process sooner?

Does anyone else feel like the flow of time has slowed down since the announcement? I know it should be impossible, but still...

Oh hell yes. It sucks.

Has that been answered yet?

Nope.

Oh hell yes. It sucks.

I'm stuck here, staring at the ceiling. A ship wreck near the shore can be seen through the window, perhaps I should go exploring for any hidden artifacts. Heh-heh.

I'm stuck here, staring at the ceiling. A ship wreck near the shore can be seen through the window, perhaps I should go exploring for any hidden artifacts. Heh-heh.

You have an office view of the sea? Sounds great! :)

You have an office view of the sea? Sounds great! :)

I wish. :( I didn't disclose during the ARG that I could probably take a boat ride to RL Stratis to check for any... intel left behind by our... visiting friends, since I'm kinda in the area. :cc:

Oh that's a shame, my wife has a view of the Sea/Harbour of Visby :)

Yes sure thing! The limitations are the same as for released full games. We'd kindly like to request remarking the video is from the Alpha or later Beta version so it's clear to The People of the Future :)
Glad to do this, but in return I have what may be an odd question... will the Supporter edition buying page say whether the buy attempt is within-the-500 and thus eligible for the credit? That... does make a difference, to me.

Our original entry into the series is still something that inspires us as developers. For me personally it was the first thing I worked on for BI in 2001 (North American release). We felt it would be a nice little gift for people.

Thanks for clarifying that. Guess I'll simply go with regular version.

Glad to do this, but in return I have what may be an odd question... will the Supporter edition buying page say whether the buy attempt is within-the-500 and thus eligible for the credit? That... does make a difference, to me.

You're kidding right?

If you are not kidding (what i seriously doubt to be honest xD)

I will give you the same offer as i did with another "credit horny" guy before, as he didnt write me a PM yet.

Quoting myself:

But we can make a deal: I am goin to buy the supporter package and i will do it asap, so i can try the game asap. So PM me your name and i will put you, instead of me to the IMPORTANT CREDIT LIST, so you are also one of the famous supporters (but you have to promise me that you also buy the supportpackage then ofcourse^^)

LOL at the people wanting credit -it's just an honorary title like Sir Elton John -that guy can't ride a horse, slay a dragon or best you at swordplay.

And like Dna said - you really couldn't ask for a better release format: On the cheap now for those WANTING to participate in Alpha as well as those just wanting the early price grab while those NOT WANTING to pay for an unfinished product can wait until they're good and ready. On top of that a free version will be available to all.

What more do people want?!? No need to keep bemoaning your moral release stances over and over ad nauseum?

I bought OFP(Arma: Cold War Assault) with all the expansions when they got released, I got ARMA and I own several copies of ARMAII and CO with the DLC's. Since my financial situation is really messed up right now I will have to go with the regular Alpha version and I must admit that I still feel bad for not getting the Supporter Edition. :(

Together with CD Projekt you guys are my favorite developers and I will try to at least assist you with feedback from both the Alpha and Beta and support you that way!

Sir Elton John -that guy can't ride a horse, slay a dragon or best you at swordplay.

You don't know that.

Great news BIS, will certainly buy ARMA 3. Since the news time really slowed down :(

I'm not big fan of steam, but will the game be downloadable worldwide on steam or certain countries only?

Great news BIS, will certainly buy ARMA 3. Since the news time really slowed down :(

I'm not big fan of steam, but will the game be downloadable worldwide on steam or certain countries only?

Exception i guess is Iran ;) and maybe North Korea.

wow 3 minutes to load the age verification site... Either you have to work on your homepage server, or there are currently thousands of people trying to contact the site :D

I'm excited - will definitely join the alpha.

No just thousands one at one! This is the best news ever BIS! Supporter Edition just made my account today, But with the SUPPORTER EDITION will I receive the Final STEAM version to?

Oh and :yay:

No just thousands one at one! This is the best news ever BIS! Supporter Edition just made my account today, But with the SUPPORTER EDITION will I receive the Final STEAM version to?

Of course you will! Check the website store

Or they could add them all (potentially thousands) and have the end credits either go on for hours, or scroll through so fast you couldn't read any of the names anyway. ;)

Even 500 is pushing it.

So you're in the credit for being the first to buy, but not for being a long time supporter. Great.

Exception i guess is Iran ;) and maybe North Korea.

maybe china too :P

So you're in the credit for being the first to buy, but not for being a long time supporter. Great.

And I still don't get why anyone here gives half a fuck about this!

I'll be buying the supporter version but I'm certainly not gonna be staring at the BI store next Tuesday, mashing F5 to be one of the first! Why should I?

I don't need to see my name on some huge-ass list among 499 others to know that I've been supporting BIS for over a decade, or to boost my ego, or whatever other infantile reason there might be. It's a fucking gimmick! Get over yourselves already.

Edited by MadDogX

Amen to that I to have been a supporter since the days of OFP and allthough it would be cool to see my name in the list I aint 100% worried as I know deep down I support them and have done since day one.

I mean why would any one not support them they provide the best simulator EVER and still support it many years down the line name ONE just one other game dev that has ever or is still doing that :)

BIS forever

I'll be buying the supporter version but I'm certainly not gonna be staring at the BI store next Tuesday, mashing F5 to be one the first! Why should I?

I don't need to see my name on some huge ass list among 499 others to know that I've been supporting BIS for over a decade, or to boost my ego, or whatever other infantile reason there might be. It's a fucking gimmick! Get over yourselves already.

I'll be buying the supporter version but I'm certainly not gonna be staring at the BI store next Tuesday, mashing F5 to be one the first! Why should I?

I don't need to see my name on some huge ass list among 499 others to know that I've been supporting BIS for over a decade, or to boost my ego, or whatever other infantile reason there might be. It's a fucking gimmick! Get over yourselves already.

Neither do i. That's exactly what i meant.

It's sort of like being with a friend and buying someone a drink, the person showing interest in you both but only flirting with your friend, leaving you.

When people do the same thing but see other people getting a benefit, it sometimes leaves a sour taste in the other persons mouth.

Guys, it's normal that there are people that want to see their name in the credits, don't judge them. :)

If I had the money for supporter edition, well who knows what I'd do .... :o