Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

what with the small characters? he was walking backwards? or he was shrinking?

:p

INSTA BUY!

So in my office job when I'm bored I go to arma3.com on my smartphone (blocked on work computer). And it usually tells me INTEL REDACTED. I keep doing it anyway. Today I went there and got a "site overloaded" error message. I quickly went to PCGamer.com to confirm my EXCITED suspicions and instantly grabbed my credit card and started hitting refresh every 1 second on arma3.com!! SO STOKED!!! too bad I can't pay yet and had to tuck away the credit card melting in my grip. I don't think I'm going to get the Supporter's Edition but I think the regular edition is priced far too low - so going to grab the DDE despite not having any need for the Digital Extras - just want to give teh moneh to BIS!! I'll probably end up buying all the DLCs anyway like I did for A2 and giving more money to BIS in the long run this way!!

Everyone, freaking out about the Euro pricing - don't worry Steam translates pricing into local currency USD/GBP/AUD/NZD (although unfortunately sometimes taking advantage of local market inflated pricing - true in NZ and AU I believe). Not sure if BIS will do the same on the bistore though.

P.S. BIS you are truly on of the best developers - don't ever sell out like DICE did :'(

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

Myke;2304468']You do realize that this argument:

is meant for the upcoming alpha and not for the final product? Allowing mods already in the alpha is remarkable.

This. Dunno wtf that guy was on about? Gets alpha, beta and then final game for peanuts. Complains that alpha is moddable.

This really looks and sounds superb, no question about it im buying the supporter edition. But as writen above, i to belive the price is to low. Are the profits distributed fairly throughout the company, are the dev's getting what they deserve? ;D

Edited by DanielV

the news of alpha is great news. my only sadness on hearing it was that i cannot pre-buy the dev supporter version today. though i have no need for arma-x i do like to support the developers of the best game series i have played.

Steam has a "Backup and restore gamed" function, I would guess that you can use that

I'm not worried about my download speed, I'm worried about Steam on the other end having to crank out 7 Gb downloads to customer after customer. Is Steam pretty good at this? My teenage son has installed Steam games on our system, and given his normal 15-femtosecond attention span, I'm going to assume downloads are relatively trouble free? He tells me Steam is better and (EA's) "Origin Sucks".

Steam handels download speed pretty well.

However,

sometimes they crash if they are overrunned by users trying to download a game

(only happens sometimes at new releases, but it gets better with every release)

I would be more worried about the BI-Store, getting overrunned by Support Edition buyers^^

Edited by ElPresidente

I posted THIS thread and my question was very rudely unanswered and topic locked. There is nothing in this thread about amazon, Mr. Powetrip Mod, so if you could not be a rude person and answer me that would be great.

As OChristie said, this hasn't been announced yet. At this point you can buy it on Steam or the BI store, but there will be boxed copies available. So maybe the final version will be on Amazon, but that may be some time away yet.

Of course I will b buying this but I question putting arma x and arma: Cold War into it. Why would we go back and play those when most of us probably already have it. Or is it optional to Ccept those downloads?

If you lose connection, Steam will resume the download where it left off. You won't "lose" anything.

Yes I know that but the problem I had with Steam and a mate of mine too is when you have a back up or you've downloaded it once (then reinstall the files/copy them from your back up) they sometimes won't get in the computers register therefor Steam will think you haven't installed it yet therefor re-download it all over again.

Where in the Netherlands do you live? I feel your pain mate, I really, really do. I thought the netherlands had quite good internet.

I live just South of Groningen, I used to live back in the city but we wanted to get out of there so I guess everything has it's flaws.. but the good news is that a town near here got new internet cables which are way faster so I hope that we will be able to use this positive news to our advantage.:D

Of course I will b buying this but I question putting arma x and arma: Cold War into it. Why would we go back and play those when most of us probably already have it. Or is it optional to Ccept those downloads?

That's rather simple, only buy the regular edition?

But miss future dlc. It's not that simple.

On a side note, I'm getting married 30 march so I told fiancé she will have to share me with my other love or she could pull out now. :)

First of all great news ( apart from the usual reservation about steam, but nevertheless i dont mind so much as i already have an account for TW series) and i ll definitely rush for the supporter edition :)

Since OA my arma 2 got transformed to the best in terms of performance, love the choppers so much and teh varieties of teh vehicles and so on ( on wishlist i want better armour/tank simulation to be honest) and spending so much time when i have the chance playing CTI at Ohai

Last thing, even if i may not play the other arma titles included ( but will gift to spread the armaverse to others ) , i ll pay for it because i want to support projects that i like

At some point i ll go for a retail copy too in order to have the DvD, printed manuals and stuff.

for the supportive edition, can it be bought with steam credit?

Cheers! *my first post*

Edited by el0375

First of all great news ( apart from the usual reservation about steam, but nevertheless i dont mind so much as i already have an account for TW series) and i ll definitely rush for the supporter edition :)

At some point i ll go for a retail copy too in order to have the DvD, printed manuals and stuff.

for the supportive edition, can it be bought with steam credit?

You can only buy it from the bistudio store, it can not be bought from steam.

Nice News :bounce3:

My 2 friends and i will buy the "SUPPORTER EDITION", of course ;)

But we ask ourselves; when will it be available on the BI-store? - is it the 5th March or earlier?

thanks in advance

Nice News :bounce3:

My 2 friends and i will buy the "SUPPORTER EDITION", of course ;)

But we ask ourselves; when will it be available on the BI-store? - is it the 5th March or earlier?

thanks in advance

Hover over the link, it says available for purchase on March 5 2013 :P

That's exiting news, not sure what bundle I'm going to get. I don't have to use the forum badge do I, feels just a bit silly at my age :D

...or can we?

Guilty until proven innocent? Each one of those silent thread watches could be a potential offender. :cylon: Give it a while and we'll have precognition to see a users post before it's posted, and you only thought you were busy now.

All I'm saying is that hackers aren't the only ones who can send posts back in time.

great annoucement that arma 3 alpha is on way to us...:cool: I can't wait this week....ufffhh

i hope that there is asap in beta a deticated testversion free of charge maybe without any possibilty to start the game with gui.

i dont want to buy a seconed license maybe on another steam account to host dedicated servers only.

Can someone tell me if there are AI in the alpha?

Edited by ^Th0mas^

Pretty sure they are going to be in there since they're a major part of the game that needs to be tested and tweaked.

Lol why wouldn't they be? Alpha free has no MP so it'd be pretty lonely just solo driving around Stratis every day -though that sounds good to me now :)