Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

What does modding means exact with the alpha? Do we get p3d models and tools or only retexturing?

What does modding means exact with the alpha? Do we get p3d models and tools or only retexturing?

It was said to be as extensive as in A2/OA only with the missing new modtools as they will be provided later :)

This is awesome! The Alpha, Beta and Full game for £20...BIS are truly the best developers / publishers / chaps there are!

Well I don't want and can't download the game (Would take a couple of weeks) so I'll just have to wait for the DVD. :(

It's an awesome deal though, cheap, if I could download it faster I would have bought the support edition.

At last things are moving. What great news this is, mod support and mission editor, so much potential content for an Alpha. Looking forward to it! Day 1? Count me in.

RavoC, don't you have a relative or a friend who can download it for you and put it on dvds or USB key? Surely you can't be that isolated.

Well I don't want and can't download the game (Would take a couple of weeks) so I'll just have to wait for the DVD. :(

It's an awesome deal though, cheap, if I could download it faster I would have bought the support edition.

What's your download speed? The data should be around 7 GB. I used to push 20 GB files on 0.1 Mbit connection back in 2000. :cc: Took me weeks, was worth it. Do the same!

I wonder if we will receive the key for Supporter edition from store.bistudio.com instantly or if we will have to wait for it ?

At last things are moving. What great news this is, mod support and mission editor, so much potential content for an Alpha. Looking forward to it! Day 1? Count me in.

RavoC, don't you have a relative or a friend who can download it for you and put it on dvds or USB key? Surely you can't be that isolated.

Yeah I do have a friend with very fast internet that could download it for me, I might ask him to buy it via steam and send me an Alpha key and bring me the game perhaps. Then again I think having a DVD would be nice since my internet just jams my Steam most of the time. With Arma 2 I have a DVD too but I wouldn't need it just to register the game since I made a lot of back ups so it runs DVD obsolete, then again I'd like to have a DVD just in case.:p

I'll be sure to talk to some people here and there cause I don't really want to miss out on all the fun, arma's the best game ever.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

What's your download speed? The data should be around 7 GB. I used to push 20 GB files on 0.1 Mbit connection back in 2000. :cc: Took me weeks, was worth it. Do the same!

Well I can download 170 kb download a month and after 15 gb it goes down to 10 kb and up is max to 5 kb. Perhaps I could try it but I'm also kind of scared that when I back up it through steam (when I have to reinstall and it doesn't register etc.) that I have to re-download it all over again. I do have a couple of steam games and had this before so it's easier if I have a DVD copy just to install it when steam can't read the game (files) in the register.

Worry not if the current playable content is a little limited. You all know the Arma platform and what it can do.

Provide us with proper development documentation so we can PROPERLY port our addons forward (model.cfg, sample models, information about how model weighting is affected with the new PhysX system).

Without this it's going to be a shit show of ArmA 2 quality content just plopped into A3.

Well I can download 170 kb download a month and after 15 gb it goes down to 10 kb

Is that 170 kB/sec? If this speed is constant, it will take you 11.4 hours to download 7 GB.

$91.99 for ARMA 3 are you kidding me????!!!??

Make it $100 and I'll call it even!

On a serious note, Will the Arma:X ect. stuff be seprate? I already have it and would like to give that key away to someone else. Also lets say by chance I get that name in credits thing and a mod developer I like didn't make the 500. Could I possibly give it to them? I would much rather have someone who has benefited my(and many others) Arma experience have their name in the credits than useless old me.

Will the alpha versions be available via Steam?

On a serious note, Will the Arma:X ect. stuff be seprate? I already have it and would like to give that key away to someone else.

It's a separate Steam gift that will be credited to your account, you can send it to other people - once received, they will have full access to the content that this cdkey provides, along with being able to immediately start downloading the game, i.e. ArmA X Series.

Is that 170 kB/sec? If this speed is constant, it will take you 11.4 hours to download 7 GB.

Well I know it's possible it's just that my modem likes to disconnect very often if it's under stress so I'd have to be with it for 11.4 hours + the time it's "reinitializing", though I have to admit with steam the download would probably be cached and not such a problem like most regular downloads. But thanks for reply I will talk with some of my mates and perhaps old clan members what to do.:D

Will buy it as soonest as possible. (If possible, then first day.)

That price is so awesome!

It's a separate Steam gift that will be credited to your account, you can send it to other people - once received, they will have full access to the content that this cdkey provides, along with being able to immediately start downloading the game, i.e. ArmA X Series.

Good! Gotta spread the arma love around!

Well I know it's possible it's just that my modem likes to disconnect very often if it's under stress so I'd have to be with it for 11.4 hours + the time it's "reinitializing", though I have to admit with steam the download would probably be cached and not such a problem like most regular downloads. But thanks for reply I will talk with some of my mates and perhaps old clan members what to do.:D

If you lose connection, Steam will resume the download where it left off. You won't "lose" anything.

Where in the Netherlands do you live? I feel your pain mate, I really, really do. I thought the netherlands had quite good internet.

My Internet is atrocious so I'm using the friend method. Question is, will it be possible to download to an external hard drive and bring that back home for installation? I'm not sure how steam handles these things. It's preferable to bringing my whole PC somewhere.

the news of alpha is great news. my only sadness on hearing it was that i cannot pre-buy the dev supporter version today. though i have no need for arma-x i do like to support the developers of the best game series i have played.

My Internet is atrocious so I'm using the friend method. Question is, will it be possible to download to an external hard drive and bring that back home for installation? I'm not sure how steam handles these things. It's preferable to bringing my whole PC somewhere.

http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

That worked for me at times, may help you.

You just copy the game file of your friend and paste it into the same folder you took it from (usually Steam/steamapps/common/*gamename*), then steam will do the rest and should be good to go (if not just right click the game in your library and do a 'file verification' and voilà). It's simple and works for all steam games.

With Steam you can basically copy files from the "steamapps" folder, paste them onto a different machine, and it should work properly with a different account that has the game on it (after Steam does a few config/registry things automatically, of course)

EDIT: Dammit, beaten again. :(