Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

Ahhh so its you slowing me down from looking at the web site and creating sex wee in my pants I curse you :P LOL

Ahhh so its you slowing me down from looking at the web site and creating sex wee in my pants I curse you :P LOL

At 7 AM CST (USA), the arma3.com website had a "Forbidden" error on the site....so i knew it was coming. Then, at around 8 AM, it popped up. It was real easy to access. Then at 10 AM, they announced it to facebook and twitter.....then BAM!.... it bogged down. High volume traffic right now. But I'm not helping. :D

Will we be able to purchase the alpha through steam or is it only through arma3.com with them sending out steam keys?

I love BIS and arma series so much so every time I have a chance I use arma in every thing here is a cover to hide cables on me monitor :P

11se0ea.jpg

Will we be able to purchase the alpha through steam or is it only through arma3.com with them sending out steam keys?

It could become available on Steam Store after March 6th, or in time for Alpha lite on the 14th. Could be wrong.

I'd rather purchase from BIS, the key they will send out is Steam-linked anyway, so you will receive all your Steam gifts & invites regardless where you buy it.

Avaible in Steam and BIS store according to arma3.com. Only the supporter edition seems to be exclusive through BIS store.

The key from the BI Store will have to be activated on Steam. I'm not sure when Steam will have the Alpha available for purchase on their store.

ive all so made dog tags for me mates :) with arma written on them LOL looking to see what I can sell to get supporter edition LOL

I know tell me about it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I have a week to finds moneys.

It means the ability is there, as much as it is for A2 and OA. We will not be ready to deliver a full SDK with updated tools at the start of Alpha I'm afraid. A lot of knowledge from OA is applicable, some is not. We'll try to deliver documentation during Alpha and Beta, and of course with the release as best we can. The rest will be up to your creativity.

Do I understand you right? If there is no full SDK deployed with the ALPHA but full modding compatibility means we will be able to use the A2 SDK to do mod-support for A3 ? (because that is one of the key things you want the community to do - add content?)

Not forgetting the drawback of having to re-config the content as the game changes...

Xzibit question here, though highly likely it can be answered now, hehe: "All future ArmA 3 DLCs (If any, not apply to standalone expansions or sequels)", it says. Does that mean that possible DLCs for a standalone expansion will be included as well? :rolleyes: I'm guessing the answer is no though. Regardless, I'm getting the Supporter Edition. :o

PS: Please change the font on the system requirements. It was difficult to read. More so on smaller screens like on a smartphone. The font is so thin it blends in with the colors in the background, and so thin it won't render properly (letters are partly cut). Picture here.

Perhaps the thing I am most enthusiastic about: we are not restricting modding in this version, in fact we encourage it. Create and share scenarios, weapons, vehicles, systems and anything else you can think of.

*cough*

Seriously?

Trying to sell this "not restricting" as an USP??? You "encourage" it???

Sit venia verbo, where have you been the last 10 years?

Where would ArmA have been by now, without the original community keeping it above sea-level?

This is one of very few real arguments (that at least apply to ArmA2/Co) to still play the game.

And, you utilize this argument like it would have been an innovative decision?

(Btw, the few arguments: open world, almost completely editable, ballistics simulation, authenticity - without this ArmA wouldn't even be played at all.)

Together we can make the full game release later in the year mind-blowing for those who join us then.

Well, at least (unlike with the releases of ArmA and ArmA2) you are kind of honest about US (the community) actually doing YOUR job in the end.

I always admired the years-long support by Bohemia, which was originally one argument to separate Bohemia from Cash-Cow-Operators like EA or Ubisoft.

But not being able to deliver solutions for bugs/flaws that have been persistant for 10 years and actually introducing the very same in ArmA3, what kind of "selling proposition" would that be - best price offer (huge Alpha-Package) or what?

You want to earn money as the central motivation for creating ArmA3!

Totally acceptable!

And I would be one of those paying up to a 100€ for such a great game!

This is still a "market" ... even with mass manipulation (EyeCandy, Zombies, Steam-Ads, 1997-physics, fantasy weaponry), some clients actually check things before they buy.

Hopefully, you will remember the solid, sustainable and engaged gamers.

Awesome news!

muu18eE.jpg

Damnit, I can see it already :D. Hope I'll have time to learn and do all the things.

You do realize that this argument:

we are not restricting modding in this version,

is meant for the upcoming alpha and not for the final product? Allowing mods already in the alpha is remarkable.

This is still a "market" ... even with mass manipulation (EyeCandy, Zombies, Steam-Ads, 1997-physics, fantasy weaponry), some clients actually check things before they buy.

Do you want me to bring you a taller pedestal?

OT:

The new website is great and the info presented is sound. I applaud BI's attempts of improving their market communication techniques.

Now regarding the supporter package. It would have been great if you also included some artwork in it. Maybe you could do that once you give us the soundtrack,maps,etc?

Cheers!

Edited by Maio

Nevermind. Read your post wrong.

Edited by bobtom

WoooW! Awsome!

But one question, how many serial keys is going to sell with each version?

Hello BIS,

Although everyone on the forum will hate me for saying this, you might want to make sure that assets the player shouldnt be able to use (helicopters, planes, guns) are NOT included in the alpha game files. Because if they are included, it will take us about 1 week to make some "modifications" that let us drive everything and unlock the entire game :p

WoooW! Awsome!

But one question, how many serial keys is going to sell with each version?

One Steam key I'd imagine, it should contain all of the bonuses/Gifts/invites in their system.

*cough*

Seriously?

Trying to sell this "not restricting" as an USP??? You "encourage" it???

Sit venia verbo, where have you been the last 10 years?

Where would ArmA have been by now, without the original community keeping it above sea-level?

This is one of very few real arguments (that at least apply to ArmA2/Co) to still play the game.

(Btw, the few arguments: open world, almost completely editable, ballistics simulation, authenticity - without this ArmA wouldn't even be played at all.)

Well, at least (unlike with the releases of ArmA and ArmA2) you are kind of honest about US (the community) actually doing YOUR job in the end.

I always admired the years-long support by Bohemia, which was originally one argument to separate Bohemia from Cash-Cow-Operators like EA or Ubisoft.

But not being able to deliver solutions for bugs/flaws that have been persistant for 10 years and actually introducing the very same in ArmA3, what kind of "selling proposition" would that be - best price offer (huge Alpha-Package) or what?

You want to earn money as the central motivation for creating ArmA3!

Totally acceptable!

And I would be one of those paying up to a 100€ for such a great game!

wtf you complain about?