Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

Maybe change the "Alpha" bundle name on the buy page to "Regular edition" (or something like that) to avoid confusion. Now it seems that you buy the alpha (although the benefits below explain you get beta and full). But this might be easier and more intuitive:

ALPHA LITE | REGULAR EDITION | DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION | SUPPORTER EDITION.

And you also have continuity with using "edition" in all the bundles that eventually give full access.

+1 to this. The first time I thought the Alpha option only gives access to the Alpha test and not to the full game later.

Great news. I'm so buying the Alpha.

But damn. Now I gotta wait for March 5th :(

*Cozza walks around the room staring out windows*

Few questions:

1) Does this:

3 FACTIONS

8 VEHICLES

12 WEAPONS

Only relate to Alpha version or is it final list for full game

Yep, that's just for the Alpha version.

From the Alpha briefing:

-What is in the full game?

Altis (270 km2) & Stratis (20 km2)

5 Factions

40+ Weapons

20+ Vehicles

Multiple Weapon Attachments

Customizable Gear

Singleplayer Campaign

Multiplayer

Multiple Scenarios & Challenges

Scenario Editor

Modding

35426433.jpg

Great news that modding is supported even in the Alpha :) I feel sorry for your web server at the moment though.

I cant open the website, so, can you explain something to me:

- Even if the Alpha is to be only available at March 5, can we buy the Alpha now, or have to wait for the 5th ??

- Even if the Alpha is to be only available at March 5, can we buy the Alpha now, or have to wait for the 5th ??

You can't buy it yet, have to wait.

They'll perfect the simulator in due-time.
You mean like they did with all their previous milgames? For how long did you enjoy vanilla/default BIS content?? :D

YESSSS!! You beautiful, glorious motherfuckers have just made my week! :D I'll definitely be getting the DDE! I'd love to get the supporter ed. but I think I'll probably need the extra cash for University things since that starts again next week too.. :( Nice timing with that by the way. :P

Smells like crowdfunding of A3 and DayZ!

Ah, so EA and Activision also do crowd funding ? Right

Except this is more like a minecraft thing rather than pre ordering the game full price way ahead of being able to even play it.

I think I've contracted ArmaIII -itus. That is, fear that all of my money and financial assets will somehow disappear or be frozen right before March 5th -can I please pay now?!?

I took out my card and was ready to GIVE THEM MY MONEY, but on mouse-over it said that purchases will begin only on March 5th. :cc: And then the website crashed from awesomeness.

You mean like they did with all their previous milgames? For how long did you enjoy vanilla/default BIS content?? :D

Sure, ArmA 2 on release had it's problems, but when Operation Arrowhead was released it was a much smoother / less buggy release. As for ArmA 3, I believe that if they would have released it in the Summer of 2012 (original release date) we might have run into the same problem as ArmA 2 did on release; BUT, I believe that since they've added another year to polish the simulator, it won't be as bad. The Alpha is going to have its problem, but that is why it's being released - so they can fix the "bugs." Too much is riding on this simulator for BIS, they'll do this one right. I'm not getting my hopes up on a perfect release, but like fine wine, it will get better with age. One year from now, ArmA 3 will be humming along just fine.

Smells like crowdfunding of A3 and DayZ! But yes it's hip and really ok to blindly throw money at game devs who are releasing just unfinished + overambitious projects. How long took it ArmA/QG to get "final" - A2OA is still beta aka unfinished and most of the fixing/tweaking job is still done by the community.... Now there needs to be a A3 competitor - should be easy to find since A3 will be more accessible for casual gamers. Let's wait and see how many of them have the patience and attention span like the CWA/A1-QG/A2OA crowd. Guess it's 100x better and worth to wait until A3 is playable + enjoyable. Btw what's the value of forum medals, ribbons and in-game "I'm a fanboi" credit lines?

So you don't see the point of paying a game 25€ instead of 45€ ? My wallet does !

BIS can crowdfund me all they want. And yes am fan boy ever since I first stepped off the chopper on Malden.

I cant help it I have done a little sex wee in my pants :O

I need to find £60 ahhh i wants :(

BIS can crowdfund me all they want. And yes am fan boy ever since I first stepped off the chopper on Malden.

^ +1 "...ever since I first stepped off the chopper on Malden". Nice.

I cant help it I have done a little sex wee in my pants :O

I need to find £60 ahhh i wants :(

Brilliant!! :)

Holy shiiiaaatt....I leave for a month or two and I come back to ArmA 3 alpha in a week?! HELLS TO THE YES!!!

Want to pre-order but the ArmA 3 site is sooooo sloooowwwww right now.

Do we have any details on what sort of support we have on the server side yet?

- Can we run it on Linux?

- Does it multithread and what sort of hardware do we need?

- Server version same process with uploading files or are we looking at something a bit more fancy this time?

Now all the website needs is a user manual, because apparently 1/1/1991 is not a valid date. Apparently 01/01/1991 is. I miss the dropdown menu.

Edited by OnlyRazor

I have buzed all my mates on steam I cant help it I have been like this with every OFP and arma release AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (runs around like a little girl) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry

I'm sorry for bogging down the arma3.com website, but I'm downloading all those beautiful pic's of Stratis. Has anyone else checked out those pics...WOW! The HDR looks great and the textures / graphics are blowing me away. :cool: